/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is my view of our religion (Islam) wrong?

MayAllahForgive
05-03-2016, 08:56 PM
I had waswasa about this annoying Perennialism heres what I concluded after a long battle with my mind (please correct me if this is anyway wrong or I am making falsehood about our religion); OCD NOTES:
Tuesday 3rd May 2016:
Today I had OCD thoughts about Perennialism, however I finally cleared these thought by realizing Allah only gave us Al-Islam, and all the other religions are not really religions but they just falsified the messages given from Allah to the prophets and made it into their own 'religion'. They are just 'way's of life' that they made, and the only religion Allah gave us is Islam, and no other religion can conpare to Islam, Islam is the only religion that Ibrahim and the other Prophets and Messengers followed. Allah only called it Islam in the Quran but the ultimate meaning is submission to Allah, so before it was called Al-Islam, all the prophets and messengers were still teaching mankind about Islam.

Is this the correct way of viewing things?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
05-03-2016, 09:22 PM
Yes you are right.

Serinity
05-03-2016, 09:24 PM
:salam:

All Prophets AS called and preached the same message - the Oneness of Allah SWT, Tawheed. But people corrupted and changed the scripture, so nowadays you see deviations from truth, and clear cut falsehood.

The only valid religion in the eyes of Allah SWT is Al-Islam. The Religion of Allah is Islam. Allah won't accept any other religion from anyone.

And Allah knows best.

Muhaba
05-03-2016, 10:39 PM
Allah sent Prophets to every nation. Thus, every group of people received the same Message and over time, the people changed the message and deviated from the truth. But the foundation of people's beliefs was the same one. In addition, we have the belief of tawheed ingrained in our nature and all people are on fitra before they are misguided by elders. So even manmade religions could have been based on the natural human disposition toward fitra. Anyway, it makes no difference what the causes of similarity between religions is. Islam is the one true religious belief that has remained in its pure form and all other beliefs are wrong. It is not true that creation is one with the Creator or some universal energy. On this point, the belief of Perennialism goes wrong. There is no evidence for this sort of thing. If it were true, then humans would always think the right thing and there would be just one set of beliefs. But we don't. By ourselves, we can never figure out the right way, without an external guidance. And Umar radiAllaho anh said about this, that had they been able to get guidance from their minds, they would have realized how absurd it was to believe in dates to be gods and worship them and then when they got hungry, eat those same dates.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
05-03-2016, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MayAllahForgive
I had waswasa about this annoying Perennialism heres what I concluded after a long battle with my mind (please correct me if this is anyway wrong or I am making falsehood about our religion); OCD NOTES:
Tuesday 3rd May 2016:
Today I had OCD thoughts about Perennialism, however I finally cleared these thought by realizing Allah only gave us Al-Islam, and all the other religions are not really religions but they just falsified the messages given from Allah to the prophets and made it into their own 'religion'. They are just 'way's of life' that they made, and the only religion Allah gave us is Islam, and no other religion can conpare to Islam, Islam is the only religion that Ibrahim and the other Prophets and Messengers followed. Allah only called it Islam in the Quran but the ultimate meaning is submission to Allah, so before it was called Al-Islam, all the prophets and messengers were still teaching mankind about Islam.

Is this the correct way of viewing things?
That is wrong, according to Islamic concept.

According to Islamic concept of Abrahamic religions, Allah sent the messengers to reveal His message by order, one by one. Some messengers brought new law which when the newer law revealed, the old law became invalid. And the final law is Islam.

Religion that revealed by prophet Musa, and prophet Isa (Jesus) were not Islam. The claim that Jesus was Muslim actually just a trick of Muslim missionaries in the West to convert Christian into Muslim.

ReboundMuslimah
05-04-2016, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
That is wrong, according to Islamic concept.

According to Islamic concept of Abrahamic religions, Allah sent the messengers to reveal His message by order, one by one. Some messengers brought new law which when the newer law revealed, the old law became invalid. And the final law is Islam.

Religion that revealed by prophet Musa, and prophet Isa (Jesus) were not Islam. The claim that Jesus was Muslim actually just a trick of Muslim missionaries in the West to convert Christian into Muslim.
A Muslim is someone who submits to Allah and Jesus did that! He was sent to a different group of people but the messege was still the same- Belive in Allah 'ALONE' and don't associate any partners with him. Also in Islam there are no tricks and creating your own information to satisfy others.

The religion of Moosa, ‘Eesa and all the Prophets was, generally speaking, Islam, which means believing in the Oneness of Allaah (Tawheed) and worshipping Him alone with no partner or associate, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Truly, the religion with Allaah is Islam”[Aal ‘Imraan 3:19]

ardianto
05-04-2016, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
A Muslim is someone who submits to Allah and Jesus did that! He was sent to a different group of people but the messege was still the same- Belive in Allah 'ALONE' and don't associate any partners with him. Also in Islam there are no tricks and creating your own information to satisfy others.

The religion of Moosa, ‘Eesa and all the Prophets was, generally speaking, Islam, which means believing in the Oneness of Allaah (Tawheed) and worshipping Him alone with no partner or associate, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Truly, the religion with Allaah is Islam”[Aal ‘Imraan 3:19]
Prophet Isa as (Jesus) did not order his folower to perform salah five times a day, and fasting in holy month. Order to salah and fasting in ramadan, are part of new shariat (law) that conveyed by prophet Muhammad (saw), to change the old shariat that conveyed by previous prophets. This new shariat called Islam. While old shariat were not called Islam.

You can read surah Al-Maidah: 3 "... This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. .... ".

Statement that Jesus was Muslim is controversial and against aqeedah because it same as admit that shariat that conveyed by prophet Isa (as) is same as shariat that conveyed by prophet Muhammad (saw).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.