/* */

PDA

View Full Version : UK snobs

abumuslim82
05-04-2016, 06:17 AM
Salaam All

Was just thinking this morning after fajr, I've met so many UK people and so far they all were so arrogant almost if they better people, lots of pride.

Then I join these "Islamic forums" and realized that they not arrogant they just ignorant.

Taqwa doesn't mean u live in the UK, and knowledge is part of taqwa.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ramen-thelegend
05-04-2016, 06:55 AM
u might not want to consider my views, neither have i been to many different countries but let me tell you that no nation is good or bad, there are bad and good people everywhere.

abumuslim82
05-04-2016, 08:34 AM
Yip, I agree.

Its just that all the UK people I met are so .................

Aisha
05-04-2016, 08:42 AM
That's because we all take a special class called: 'How To Act Terribly Snobby When You Meet Judgmental People'.
:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abumuslim82
05-04-2016, 08:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
That's because we all take a special class called: 'How To Act Terribly Snobby When You Meet Judgmental People'.
oh so ull go for special training, thought as much.

noraina
05-04-2016, 09:03 AM
Bro, don't tell me you have made this assumption based on your experiences in the polygamy thread? It is the type of subject which will receive pretty strong responses - and it just happens to be many members here are British.

But yes, many people misunderstand us Brits - they think we're bring snobbish when really it is the 'stiff upper lip' attribute we all have in order to survive. ;)

abumuslim82
05-04-2016, 09:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Bro, don't tell me you have made this assumption based on your experiences in the polygamy thread? It is the type of subject which will receive pretty strong responses - and it just happens to be many members here are British.

But yes, many people misunderstand us Brits - they think we're bring snobbish when really it is the 'stiff upper lip' attribute we all have in order to survive. ;)
Lol, no not just about polygamy.

General experiences, meetings, on the net, all over. Even the people that come here to study, very arrogant. I don't know why.

oh ALLAH, please guide us and the ummah, ameen

Abz2000
05-04-2016, 10:01 AM
They have to take a test called "life in the uk" where they learn how the queen wants them to be, blame the british government.

ramen-thelegend
05-04-2016, 10:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abumuslim82
Lol, no not just about polygamy.

General experiences, meetings, on the net, all over. Even the people that come here to study, very arrogant. I don't know why.

oh ALLAH, please guide us and the ummah, ameen
i'm not going to say i disagree, because i've seen brits compared to other nations a little more cold hearted n...yeah..maybe snobby...a little..( please dont attack me:phew ) but then...every other nation on earth has its flaws too! like lets say pakistanis( since that the only other nation i know quite well), they are always more interested in sticking their noses into other people's business ..yeah ... and a little way too emotianal! which can be annoying!

in btw...seriously how could someone judge a whole country's people in general???

abumuslim82
05-04-2016, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ramen-thelegend
i'm not going to say i disagree, because i've seen brits compared to other nations a little more cold hearted n...yeah..maybe snobby...a little..( please dont attack me:phew ) but then...every other nation on earth has its flaws too! like lets say pakistanis( since that the only other nation i know quite well), they are always more interested in sticking their noses into other people's business ..yeah ... and a little way too emotianal! which can be annoying!

in btw...seriously how could someone judge a whole country's people in general???
lol, y would I attack you, u are my sister.

just wanted to publisize issue so bros and sis can identify and try to fix,

You are rite about all nations and flaws,

ramen-thelegend
05-04-2016, 10:25 AM
lol, y would I attack you, u are my sister.
:D that was meant for others..........

noraina
05-04-2016, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
They have to take a test called "life in the uk" where they learn how the queen wants them to be, blame the british government.
That's just for people who want to apply for citizenship here. I'm born in the UK I've never taken the test in my whole life.

noraina
05-04-2016, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ramen-thelegend
that was meant for others..........
She was referring to us Brits who may get offended :D - you guys have been watching too much television, in every American film the characters with the posh British accents are the villains, seriously we're quite nice so long as it's not raining.

M.I.A.
05-04-2016, 12:17 PM
UK Muslim, I saw some jews in tesco.. First thing I thought..

Israel, what's that about?

..I have no idea what they thought of me.

Yes I am ignorant and yes the gaps in my knowledge are like the oceans..

To me the caliphate and zionistic state seem equally abhorrent..

So I make do with my snobbyness and ignorance.. And develope a tolerance for all things different.

Strange days.. But it's not my fault.

Abz2000
05-04-2016, 01:10 PM
That's just for people who want to apply for citizenship here. I'm born in the UK I've never taken the test in my whole life.
Lol i know i was born there, i just wanted to join the fun in this exciting thread. :)

Also wanted to add that they also become zombies after taking the test and become enchanted with the queen, and they eat ice as a staple diet, that's why they're so cold hearted.

Edit: and snow for desert btw.

Muezzin
05-04-2016, 01:17 PM
Salaam All

Was just thinking this morning after fajr, I've met so many UK people and so far they all were so arrogant almost if they better people, lots of pride.

Then I join these "Islamic forums" and realized that they not arrogant they just ignorant.

Taqwa doesn't mean u live in the UK, and knowledge is part of taqwa.
Welcome to the forum. Hope you encounter friendlier Brits, or that they make a better impression on you moving forward :)

noraina
05-04-2016, 01:29 PM
Lol i know i was born there, i just wanted to join the fun in this exciting thread.

Also wanted to add that they also become zombies after taking the test and become enchanted with the queen, and they eat ice as a staple diet, that's why they're so cold hearted.

Lol, well eating snow and ice is something I've always done - and it must be taken into account Brits live in a small little island in the middle of the sea, there has to be a certain cold-hearted image if they don't want to be walked all over.

LaSorcia
05-04-2016, 01:31 PM
She was referring to us Brits who may get offended :D - you guys have been watching too much television, in every American film the characters with the posh British accents are the villains, seriously we're quite nice so long as it's not raining.

But it rains so often.... lol! You know all those tourist brochures for the UK? All the photos in them with glorious sunshine used to be taken on the 3 days in high summer where it doesn't rain. Nowadays, they are just Photoshopped. ;D

abumuslim82
05-04-2016, 01:31 PM
LOL, n when is it not raining, ooohhh that was funny, lol

Muezzin
05-04-2016, 01:34 PM
LOL, n when is it not raining, ooohhh that was funny, lol
As I type this, it is sunny and warm outside. In the UK. Alhumdulillah.

abumuslim82
05-04-2016, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Welcome to the forum. Hope you encounter friendlier Brits, or that they make a better impression on you moving forward :)
Lol, check the post below urs quoted above,

Yeah man even the Brits agree that they cold hearted, its strange though, the cold heartedness seems to work between themselves.

Brothers and sisters from all over the world, i started this thread, but one of the reasons is that lets leave nationalism and lets just be Muslims. There is no superiority except through taqwa.

abumuslim82
05-04-2016, 01:38 PM
As I type this, it is sunny and warm outside. In the UK. Alhumdulillah.

Lol, mashaALLAH

abumuslim82
05-04-2016, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
UK Muslim, I saw some jews in tesco.. First thing I thought..

Israel, what's that about?

..I have no idea what they thought of me.

Yes I am ignorant and yes the gaps in my knowledge are like the oceans..

To me the caliphate and zionistic state seem equally abhorrent..

So I make do with my snobbyness and ignorance.. And develope a tolerance for all things different.

Strange days.. But it's not my fault.
Is this a poem or rap ? Lol

M.I.A.
05-04-2016, 01:45 PM
:/

...em.. Neither, I just write funny I guess.

I'm not much of a talker so I have no idea.

noraina
05-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Yes, ma'sha'Allah the weather is beautiful and sunny here (so I'm in a good mood atm :)).

And one of the many beautiful facets of Islam is that it has erased all national and ethnic divisions, we are all brothers and sisters of one another whatever our background may be, Alhamdulillah.

abumuslim82
05-04-2016, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
:/

...em.. Neither, I just write funny I guess.

I'm not much of a talker so I have no idea.
Lol, k bro, if you speak like this normally u should do some good poetry for Islam inshaALLAH.

hisnameiszzz
05-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Some people are genuine snobs. Some aren't. You just have to deal with it.

You can't really say someone is a snob unless you actually know them.

People think I am a snob at work because I won't sit and idly gossip with them. I've found the Muslim colleagues to be nastiest. Non Muslim colleagues don't seem to care one way or another.

I am not a snob though. I have too much going on in my life to sit and mingle with people I don't really have anything in common with.

MuslimInshallah
05-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Abu Muslim,

(smile) I'm curious... where are you from? And have you visited the UK?

I do know that Brits seem cold to some ethnicities who are more overtly demonstrative. But they are just as caring (or not) as anyone else. They just express themselves differently. As for arrogance... (smile) perhaps what you are noting is reserve?

May Allah, the One, Help us to understand one another.

Serinity
05-04-2016, 06:14 PM
When I think of british accent, Harry Potter comes to mind. :(

Is harry Potter haram btw? May Allah SWT forgive me if it is. Ameen

Bhabha
05-05-2016, 05:26 AM
Arrogant people are arrogant people. Period. They exist everywhere. Have you met Spaniards snobs? Venezuelan snobs? Kuwaiti snobs? Indian snobs? They are everywhere. But there are also nice people and sweet and kind. There are also majorly and I mean majorly religious Muslims who go to the masjid, pray, carry around prayer beads, recite the Quran and they are snobby and rude and just horrible people. They are all humans. But we know not what goes on in each heart, in each mind, or whether that person is generally nice all of the time and then the day that you met them, they had the worst day of their lives and ended up looking snobby and arrogant. [emoji39]

Also lets give everyone at least 70 excuses for the mistakes they make and then... More excuses. If our judgement was permanent, اللهُ have mercy on us because no one is perfect and we are all snobs, arrogant and rude. Allah sees all that we do, knows what we think and still has mercy on us!!!!

abumuslim82
05-05-2016, 06:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum Abu Muslim,

(smile) I'm curious... where are you from? And have you visited the UK?

I do know that Brits seem cold to some ethnicities who are more overtly demonstrative. But they are just as caring (or not) as anyone else. They just express themselves differently. As for arrogance... (smile) perhaps what you are noting is reserve?

May Allah, the One, Help us to understand one another.
Ameen

abumuslim82
05-05-2016, 06:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
When I think of british accent, Harry Potter comes to mind. :(

Is harry Potter haram btw? May Allah SWT forgive me if it is. Ameen
Lol, yes it is haraam

Abz2000
05-06-2016, 03:00 PM
Prince charles is from the dracula family too, vlad dracul (vlad the impaler) that is.
So blood is on the diet too, (slush puppies anyone?)

Eric H
05-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Never ever eat yellow snow. :D

hisnameiszzz
05-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Forget the snobs, it's the chavs you should be scared of!

Muezzin
05-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Prince charles is from the dracula family too, vlad dracul (vlad the impaler) that is.
Eh? I thought the Royal Family are supposed to be reptilians from outer space who control us all and keep David Icke solvent?

So blood is on the diet too, (slush puppies anyone?)
Nah, you're thinking of black pudding.

Abz2000
05-07-2016, 06:35 AM
Eh? I thought the Royal Family are supposed to be reptilians from outer space who control us all and keep David Icke solvent?
Correction: Shape-shifting reptilians (according to icke i think).
Lol the dracula part was true though, jus' google prince charles vlad dracul transilvania.

Nah, you're thinking of black pudding.
I think slush puppies go well given the diet of snow and ice.

Anyways....this thread's getting boring, not enough mud slinging, i'll go down the hallway and look for pygo, he must have something exciting to say.

Abz2000
05-07-2016, 06:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Never ever eat yellow snow. :D
Especially when it comes in compressed cake form.
Amazed that a minister/father knows this stuff beyond white.

~ Sabr ~
05-07-2016, 07:36 AM
Love it when people make an assumption on the whole population by getting to know a couple of people! It's BRILLIANT!

*that was sarcasm in case you didn't get it*

abumuslim82
05-07-2016, 09:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
Love it when people make an assumption on the whole population by getting to know a couple of people! It's BRILLIANT!

*that was sarcasm in case you didn't get it*
After meeting the likes of urself, teef

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!