/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ex Muslim reason

s.ali123
05-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Salam Alaikum. I just went through reddit page of exmuslim. I just wanted to see what is their thinking and approach for leaving Islam. But I could not pin point something. In my opinion it is many. One of the reason is still the kind of lack of knowledge, and ill practices by cultural muslims. Some of them are also motivated by the concept of secularism and the direct link they make about the progress of west with leaving the religion, which in case europe is also true, because the kind of things church was doing.
But the most annoying thing I feel is the concept of redifining what Quran means by something without understanding what the previous generation understood from it.
If any of you have talked personally with some ex muslim, I just want to understand what and why they feel like that!
Obviously for me everything makes sense thats why I am proud to be Muslim :shade:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
05-04-2016, 01:03 PM
Alaikum wa salam,

Well, I am Muslim, Alhamdulillah. But I gotta say, I get loads of waswass everyday. But I know Allah knows what I intend, cause He SWT can read hearts.

I sometimes go mental with OCD.Lol.

Like in school when I did number crunching I checked 2-3 times........ I was mad.

M.I.A.
05-04-2016, 01:28 PM
I look up to the previous generation of immigrant Muslims, the things they have accomplished and the hardships they have endured to produce the next generation are staggering...

Truely if there is any measure of success it is the freedom to practice and establish religion..

Both of which have increased over the past decades.

Although I fear I am at extremes as are most the youth..

I find myself a middle aged man and the youth of tomorrow have already appeared..

I have no need to redefine Islam.. It apparently redefines itself.

All praise is due to Allah alone and without partner.

All might is with Allah swt alone and without partner.

May he lead us to righteousness and grant us good character.

...cringe..too much for a Wednesday afternoon?

s.ali123
05-04-2016, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
I look up to the previous generation of immigrant Muslims, the things they have accomplished and the hardships they have endured to produce the next generation are staggering...

Truely if there is any measure of success it is the freedom to practice and establish religion..

Both of which have increased over the past decades.

Although I fear I am at extremes as are most the youth..

I find myself a middle aged man and the youth of tomorrow have already appeared..

I have no need to redefine Islam.. It apparently redefines itself.

All praise is due to Allah alone and without partner.

All might is with Allah swt alone and without partner.

May he lead us to righteousness and grant us good character.

...cringe..too much for a Wednesday afternoon?
Sorry I guess I did not write in words what I neant by "redifining". I meant the narrative of many exmuslims who claim that Islam itself is something like what ISIS is doing, and when we explain to them that no one among the big scholars understood the things these ISIS type metality is saying about Quran, and nor did the Prophet that. But then they try to mould the meaning and take the worst opinion if someone had in past or present and insist on meaning that this is what it means and somehow they are now in light and all the scholars of previous generations understood Quran wrong and it is barbaric in its true nature. Also like the redifning that some modern gays and lesbians do to somehow prove that homosexual acts are islamic, and all previous people understood it wrong, Irshad Manji is one such example.
I did not mean potive rejuvenation like what Dr. Tariq Ramadan talks about :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
s.ali123
05-04-2016, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Alaikum wa salam,

Well, I am Muslim, Alhamdulillah. But I gotta say, I get loads of waswass everyday. But I know Allah knows what I intend, cause He SWT can read hearts.

I sometimes go mental with OCD.Lol.

Like in school when I did number crunching I checked 2-3 times........ I was mad.
I guess waswassa are always there and even I get that :) Shaitaan and his friends are very hard workers :D

M.I.A.
05-04-2016, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by s.ali123
I guess waswassa are always there and even I get that :) Shaitaan and his friends are very hard workers :D
Lol, work harder then..

If only to realise what comes your way.

format_quote Originally Posted by s.ali123
Sorry I guess I did not write in words what I neant by "redifining". I meant the narrative of many exmuslims who claim that Islam itself is something like what ISIS is doing, and when we explain to them that no one among the big scholars understood the things these ISIS type metality is saying about Quran, and nor did the Prophet that. But then they try to mould the meaning and take the worst opinion if someone had in past or present and insist on meaning that this is what it means and somehow they are now in light and all the scholars of previous generations understood Quran wrong and it is barbaric in its true nature. Also like the redifning that some modern gays and lesbians do to somehow prove that homosexual acts are islamic, and all previous people understood it wrong, Irshad Manji is one such example.
I did not mean potive rejuvenation like what Dr. Tariq Ramadan talks about :)
The book is the same as it always has been, what it inspires you towards or away from is with Allah swt alone..

It would make men of war turn away from war.. But by then it is too late..

What men do asleep.. They cannot do awake.

Quran 24:14

s.ali123
05-04-2016, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Lol, work harder then..

If only to realise what comes your way.

The book is the same as it always has been, what it inspires you towards or away from is with Allah swt alone..

It would make men of war turn away from war.. But by then it is too late..

What men do asleep.. They cannot do awake.

Quran 24:14
I was quoting ex muslims line of arguements. I did not say they are right :)
By waswasa I mean shaitan will always attack you, and keep saying things into your mind. Imaan is that you stop listening to it.
Like I dont exactly remember which scholar it was. But on his death bed he was saying "you are liar, you are liar" I fogot exact words. Someone asked him who you telling this to. He said shaitan came to me and was saying that you have achieved jannah by your piety. He said I told him to get away from I am not sure whether Allah may not put me into hell due to my sins. Then shaitan again came to me and said that you have survived my attack even on death bed. He said I told him not yet you are telling lies.
So I guess shaitaan will always keep putting something into mind, the problen comes when you start accepting that. :)

Muhaba
05-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Well, I do not know what someone's reasons for leaving Islam would be. you'd have to ask them. I guess it can come down to them not having believed but only accepted (as is stated in Surah Al Hujurat about the Bedouins). And for such a person, leaving Islam would be easy, just as many of those who had accepted Islam at the time of the Prophet :SAW: left it quickly afterward. And this is true even for a born muslim who's muslim by name but does not have the full knowledge of islam. so i guess it comes down to having knowledge of islam or not. and with knowledge comes faith. because you know why you beleive something instead of just believing it blindly. and you know the reasons and wisdom behind every command. Islam doesn't ask us to believe blindly. It tells us to get knowledge. And every command and every belief is based on wisdom and common sense. It's not like christianity which tells you to believe in the trinity but doesn't give an explanation for it. But you need to have the knowledge so that your faith is strong. People who don't have knowledge can easily go wrong. some people may feel bad about some command or some action of so-called muslims and because their faith is not strong, they can easily give up. while others may not want to live according to islamic commands but feel guilty when they don't follow islam properly and so leaving islam seems a better option to them. In any case, those who leave because of a lack of knowledge, the loss is great to the ummah. and it's sad because it's preventable. Providing such people knowledge is the right thing to do, such as by going on such sites and refuting some of the wrong stuff being said about Islam. I won't say on should go into debates / discussions with exmuslims (unless the person shows a genuine interest in learning) because those who don't want to be guided will never do so and those who do will learn from a single post that refutes some wrong assumption. One thing for sure is that those who don't have enough knowledge about Islam themselves should not go on such exmuslim sites or read / hear exmuslim stories (thinking they might be able to bring someone back to Islam) because they risk going astray themselves.

Misbah0411
05-04-2016, 10:43 PM
One of the evils prevailing in the Ummah today is the Modernist Deviation and the appeal of secularism and imitating the kuffar in all aspects. The Muslims have been basking in secularism for over 100 years and look at what it has gotten them. Unfortunately many Muslims today treat Islam just as a religion and like a cozy little pillow that they warm up to when its convenient. They forget that Islam is also a socio-economic and political system governing every facet of his life and society as a whole. And because they are so weak in iman and concerned as how they are perceived by the kuffar, they let them define what Islam is and isn't. Allah's Messenger s.a.a.w. said: 'You will indeed follow the ways of those before you, hand span by hand span, and an arms length after another. Even if they enter into a lizard’s hole, you will follow them.’ We (the Sahaba) asked, ‘Is it the Jews and the Christians?’ He replied, ‘Who else!’” [Bukhari]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.