/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should you vote for Sadiq Khan?

strivingobserver98
05-04-2016, 11:57 PM
Forwarded message :

Sharing

A clarification is needed due to a message that has been falsely attributed to Sheikh Haitham over the last 24 hours on Facebook, Whatsapp and Telegram regarding today's London Mayoral Elections.

The message states that we should vote for Sadiq Khan today because he is a Muslim and that it is "important" to keep out the Tories from a position that quite frankly will not be able to influence any real policy within the government.

Personally, I completely disagree with the message and the style in which it was written was clearly not from Sheikh Haitham. So after some digging I found out that Sheikh Haitham did NOT write the message advocating people to vote for Sadiq.

The reason I have gone out of my way to write this is because people on both sides of the camp are either using the statement to back their push for people to vote for Sadiq, which I think is disingenuous or are using it to bash Sheikh Haitham, which is disrespectful and uncalled for.

I know exactly who wrote the message and why. It is unfortunate and disingenuous that this individual did not put his own name on what he wrote and disseminate it.

So now that you know, if you passed on this message, can you please clarify it in your groups on WhatsApp, Telegram and on Facebook that Sheikh Haitham did NOT write the message.

JazakAllah Khair.

Why should you vote for Sadiq Khan on Thursday’s London mayoral election? Consider this:

• Zak Goldsmith has led an uninspiring campaign offering Londoners little, and instead targeting Muslims feeding into prejudice and animosity against Muslims.

• Zac has openly attacked a Muslim simply for being one.

• He suggests that being a Muslim simply equates to sympathising with terrorists, and implies that Muslims naturally have extremist and radical tendencies.

• He is supported by David Cameron to wage a racist campaign that pits Muslim Pakistanis against Sikhs and Hindus.

• A Muslim in such an influential position, no matter who he or she is, sends a message to wider society that if a Muslim can take charge of the world’s greatest city, how can anyone believe or argue that we Muslims have no future or place in Europe?

• Voting for Khan keeps out Goldsmith and the Tory brand of Muslim hatred, and proves that Muslims make up an integral aspect of the city with an important say.

• Khan is not our saviour, but a Muslim London mayor is a major step towards a return to the normalisation of western Muslims, all the while the Tories are doing their utmost to alienate us from mainstream society. We must not help them with apathy.

Sitting at home and protesting amongst ourselves might make for great armchair denunciation but does nothing to secure our future and that of our children. Allah tells us in the story of the Sabbath breakers (Quran 7:163-165) that sitting on the fence when there is good to be done means you automatically side with the bad - there is no 'neutral' ground. The vote for London mayor isn't about Sadiq Khan, it's about the place of Muslims in London and the UK.

Don’t sit on the fence. Vote Sadiq Khan on Thursday and help to re-formulate a positive and cohesive future for all Londoners.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbadahNetwork
05-05-2016, 12:56 AM
Voting is haram.

BilalKid
05-05-2016, 01:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbadahNetwork
Voting is haram.
how?? ^o)

IbadahNetwork
05-05-2016, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
how?? ^o)
Voting makes you a kafir. It is shirk. I mean if the people of UK want Shariah Law, then establish Jihad or come up with a peaceful way of doing so.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ineed Umar
05-05-2016, 03:56 AM
Jihad in this day and age is not the solution.

We do jihad and almost half of Muslim in other countries get prosecuted via blockage of niqab rise in islamophobia etc. Doing a worldwide Jihad is total annihilation of Muslims as many muslim countries are weak unable to wage war or defend therefore we must come up with something peaceful. Besides how come voting makes us associate partners with Allah (Astigfar) ? We have voting in pakistan and many muslim countries though.

Bhabha
05-05-2016, 04:53 AM
Voting makes you a kafir. It is shirk. I mean if the people of UK want Shariah Law, then establish Jihad or come up with a peaceful way of doing so.
Well apparently then the voting that happened after the prophet died for the first caliph was not a proper way of doing things? If I remember correctly the first caliph was nominated and then the followers voted.

It does not make you a "kafir" please don't fill your head with baloney. Also jihad is both an inner and an outer struggle. Don't confuse what the purpose of jihad is.

Bhabha
05-05-2016, 04:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ineed Umar
Jihad in this day and age is not the solution.

We do jihad and almost half of Muslim in other countries get prosecuted via blockage of niqab rise in islamophobia etc. Doing a worldwide Jihad is total annihilation of Muslims as many muslim countries are weak unable to wage war or defend therefore we must come up with something peaceful. Besides how come voting makes us associate partners with Allah (Astigfar) ? We have voting in pakistan and many muslim countries though.
Jihad is in everything that you do! It is an inner and an outer struggle. It is not just an armed action..... :/ if Muslims did a proper jihad worldwide the world would be better. It is not about waging war but about making everyday choices that change something.

Ineed Umar
05-05-2016, 11:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
Jihad is in everything that you do! It is an inner and an outer struggle. It is not just an armed action..... :/ if Muslims did a proper jihad worldwide the world would be better. It is not about waging war but about making everyday choices that change something.
I did not meant all types of Jihad. The one which is brought up by the west most.

I try to do Jihad every day by restraining thoughts imposed by Satan tho.

Muezzin
05-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Voting is haram.
Who put this thought in your head?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.