/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 14 year old minors travelling solo...urgent advice please! only one day left! please!

ramen-thelegend
05-05-2016, 07:35 AM
:sl:
some of you will most probably know that i'm travelling to the uk and in mid-way meet my grandpa and we'll travel together to our final destination. i.e swansea.

so that means i'm travelling alone from islamabad (in pakistan) to southampton, with a layover at paris. all on my own...and thats sounds scary...

i know there are people under my age who travel solo but trust me this is my second international flight ever! infact my second time travelling by air! and more than ( or almost) one third of it is solo!

do you have any good advice? any good dua i should recite? any travel guidelines? do i have to follow some special rules( i mean not the ones my family has to, for me)? and i'm a bit scared and nervous so any thing to overcome that?
and wait.. do i count as those minors...i mean it says minors travelling solo are in ages ranging from 7-14 and for some airlines 15. but the airlines i'm travelling in says 14...and i'm 14 so do i count as a minor or are minors above 14 not 14..or like under it??
how do i keep record of my timings for prayers? i know that sounds stupid but as i said, i haven't travelled much ...last time it was a direct flight from swansea to london( and i didn't have to pray while flying) and then straight away peshawer( and they told us the prayer timings at that time) but this time its quite confusing...can someone explain?

and yes, pray for me!

and i have only one day left, after which..maybe i'm not here anymore for awhile or maybe forever...maybe i die...so anyone wants to talk? here:http://www.islamicboard.com/groups/talk-to-me-.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kiro
05-05-2016, 07:44 AM
i live in south ^o)

wsrb

ramen-thelegend
05-05-2016, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
i live in south ^o)

wsrb
good!

but where are your answers? advice?

ardianto
05-05-2016, 07:52 AM
:wa:

Tell the flight attendant that you are travelling alone. Then she/he will guard you. Then after you land on UK, phone your family to pick you up in airport. Don't leave airport before they come.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bhabha
05-05-2016, 07:55 AM
Also you are excused in terms of prayer. You can pray Asr and Dhur together and just pray the current prayer that is where you are at the moment. Don't stress out.

ardianto
05-05-2016, 08:06 AM
You can perform salah while sitting in plane.

Here a video about salah on vehicle. It's in Indonesian language, but you can notice how the salah performed.

azc
05-05-2016, 08:16 AM
Don't forget to read when you plane/vehicle start moving

''Subhanallazi sakhkhara lana haaza wa ma kunna lahu muqrineen wa inna ila rabbina lamun qaliboon''

Kiro
05-05-2016, 11:20 AM
when you are traveling, you can just pray 2 rakats instead of 4

also how can you be traveling

ramen-thelegend
05-05-2016, 11:42 AM
also how can you be traveling
by travelling.....

what is that supposed to mean?:hmm:

Kiro
05-05-2016, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ramen-thelegend
by travelling.....

what is that supposed to mean?:hmm:
you need money to travel by yourself at such a young age

ramen-thelegend
05-05-2016, 11:53 AM
you need money to travel by yourself at such a young age
obviously u need money to travel...doesn't matter what age.

mama's paying for it! obviously since she forcefully brought me to pakistan now she's going to pay to get me out too:D

Kiro
05-05-2016, 11:54 AM
obviously u need money to travel...doesn't matter what age.

mama's paying for it! obviously since she forcefully brought me to pakistan now she's going to pay to get me out too:D
seems like you have a strange relationship with your mom

I think she might still really love you deep down but doesn't show it

ramen-thelegend
05-05-2016, 11:58 AM
seems like you have a strange relationship with your mom

I think she might still really love you deep down but doesn't show it
i dont know...

i neither know deep stuff...:skeleton:
maybe....:Dbut she says she hates me and prays i die so she can get rid of me( that was before i got cancer)imsad

abumuslim82
05-05-2016, 12:08 PM
i live in south ^o)

wsrb
lol.

abumuslim82
05-05-2016, 12:09 PM
good!

but where are your answers? advice?
lol,he's a nortyboy

Kiro
05-05-2016, 01:03 PM
i dont know...

i neither know deep stuff...:skeleton:
maybe....:Dbut she says she hates me and prays i die so she can get rid of me( that was before i got cancer)imsad
parents can say the strangest of things if they don't follow the sunnah mannerism

don't think too much of it

noraina
05-05-2016, 01:15 PM
Assalamu alaykum

Sis, travelling alone is not so frightening really. Make lots of duas and supplications, and definitely tell the flight attendant that you are traveling alone, take a good book with you to read to keep yourself occupied (could always revise for exams, I suppose). And when travelling then yes the dhuhr and asr prayers can be combined inshaAllah.

Keep in mind the general rules of safety, avoid speaking too much to strangers you do not know, keep yourself to yourself, watch over any belongings you have with you carefully and do not leave the airport until a family member comes to collect you.

Have a safe journey, may Allah SWT protect you. Ameen.

Kiro
05-05-2016, 03:57 PM
maybe get a bokken lol for self protection

a taser and spray

LaSorcia
05-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Hey, I would be scared to make that flight alone, too. And I'm an adult and not facing an illness. I will pray for you. And remember, there are no friends and family traveling with you, but you are NOT truly alone, Allah goes with you and will guide you. God bless you, sweetie. I pray for you as if you were my own daughter.

ramen-thelegend
05-05-2016, 10:13 PM
16 hours left..................maybe these are some of my last posts here..........:phew

ConcealedGem
05-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Stay strong little one and update us if and when you can. Make dua for yourself loads whilst travelling and keep us in there too.

جزاك اللهُ خير‎

LaSorcia
05-06-2016, 12:09 AM
Keep us updated!

Eric H
05-06-2016, 03:43 AM
Dear ramen,

Send one of the sisters here a pm with your real name, address, phone numbers, friends and relatives and anything else about you, that would help someone find you. Maybe your old address as well and a picture of yourself. Any details you know about your granddad and his brother.

Any idea of what time you will be in Southampton?

May Allah bless you with the strength to keep going.

Eric

ramen-thelegend
05-06-2016, 08:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Dear ramen,

Send one of the sisters here a pm with your real name, address, phone numbers, friends and relatives and anything else about you, that would help someone find you. Maybe your old address as well and a picture of yourself. Any details you know about your granddad and his brother.

Any idea of what time you will be in Southampton?

May Allah bless you with the strength to keep going.

Eric
thank you sooo much Mr.Eric for your concern.

i'll do it but i dont understand somethings...

1) which sister and why? i mean how is that going to help or what will she do
2) my grand dad does not live in england or uk so he himself doesn't have a phone number for now and as for the relatives, my mom gave me their phone number but i have never met or talked to them so i dont think it would be nice i give their phone number to some one.
3) i'm arriving at southampton at about 3 am...i dont think anybody can make up plus my grand dad will be there an hour before me and so will his brother...so i dont think i'll be needing anyone plus we have to leave asap
4) internet has never been that good for me..i dont think i can trust anyone with all those details unless i'm a 100% sure. i've already disclosed sooo much about me here

Eric H
05-06-2016, 09:45 AM
Dear ramen,

Just little things you have said, made me feel you might not feel safe with your granddad and his brother. I have been aware for a number of years, that young girls come into this country and disappear. If you were to give any sister any of your details, it would have to be a sister of YOUR choosing.

However you may feel I am panicking over nothing, if so then just please ignore me, and sorry if I am causing you any further stress.

Again, I am just so pleased for you that you tried to make up with your mum, sometimes these relationship problems can carry on for years, but they can get slightly better over time.

May Allah bless you with all the help you need.

Eric

ramen-thelegend
05-06-2016, 09:57 AM
can everyone please pray my grand dad turns out to be someone like Mr.Eric?!?!

that would surely help a lot!

Serinity
05-06-2016, 10:09 AM
Any sisters here? Any? A moderator should verify the sister, just in case. :)

ramen-thelegend
05-06-2016, 10:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Any sisters here? Any? A moderator should verify the sister, just in case. :)
already got someone on hold!

its a secret!

Eric H
05-06-2016, 10:14 AM

its a secret!
Well done, sorry I have to go out, but we all expect to hear from you again the future, lots of people care.

Blessings

Eric

Serinity
05-06-2016, 10:16 AM

its a secret!
May Allah SWT forgive me if I adviced you wrong. Ameen.

Try to keep to yourself etc. As much as you can. Please, recite Ayatul Kursi. May Allah SWT, send down Angels to guard you. Ameen.

Remember Allah SWT is The Guardian, your protecting Friend. :D

Al-Wali (الوالي);

Serinity
05-06-2016, 11:57 AM
If this is a joke, you just blew your cover. I think. It is important that moderators here know which sister it is, so they can confirm, and make ready the right preparations.

Allahu alam.

Aisha
05-06-2016, 12:02 PM
I've informed the moderators. No action was taken when I reported this issue a couple of days ago but it's being looked into now.

strivingobserver98
05-06-2016, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
I've informed the moderators. No action was taken when I reported this issue a couple of days ago but it's being looked into now.

We have been keeping an eye on her for more than a couple of days ago. Don't worry.

It's being looked into. :jz: for concern.

~ Sabr ~
05-06-2016, 12:20 PM
You guys are doubting a 14 year old that has cancer? Are you for real?

Serinity
05-06-2016, 12:23 PM
:salam: But she did say she coughs up blood. I see that as a sign of the cancer.

Allahu alam.

noraina
05-06-2016, 12:27 PM
I admit, I have been having my reservations recently.

If it can be confirmed that this is not duplicity, not anything to do with the fakerameen and spencer account business a while ago, then this is amazing and I'll support her every step of the way. But I think the mods do need to look into something as serious as this, what she has written in her posts suggests enough family abuse and possible negligence to get social services involved, particularly as she is adopted.

Serinity
05-06-2016, 12:43 PM
How do we confirm it isn't deceit?

Eric H
05-06-2016, 01:40 PM
greetings and peace be with you Serinity;

How do we confirm it isn't deceit?
How can we possibly know the real Serinity, we can all hide behind a user name on the internet. I think we can only try and be truthful to ourselves, knowing that Allah, the real moderator is overlooking us all.

Blessings

Eric

Serinity
05-06-2016, 02:04 PM

How can we possibly know the real Serinity, we can all hide behind a user name on the internet. I think we can only try and be truthful to ourselves, knowing that Allah, the real moderator is overlooking us all.

Blessings

Eric
yes, we should be truthful before ourselves, but if you always think good of others (obv you should) but when does it border naivity?

Obv, thinking negative is no good. And who said being naive is bad anyway lol. but one has to be realistic, tho. I don't like being naive tho. :/

sister herb
05-06-2016, 02:08 PM

Blessings

Eric
I agree. Also I think we shouldn´t discuss about such matter in the public forum. I prefer if mod would delete all posts from 31 to here? It is not very discreet to discuss whether a person is genuine or not. If someone likes to do so, PM to mod or admin is the right way. Not public forum.

Eric H
05-06-2016, 02:20 PM

yes, we should be truthful before ourselves, but if you always think good of others (obv you should) but when does it border naivity?
If I look for the good in someone, then I hope to find something good, and when you find good, it is an opportunity to try and build. If I look for the bad in someone and find it, then what? I have found in life it is better to try and encourage something good to happen, rather than correct other people's faults.

This strategy will never make me rich.

Blessings

Eric

Serinity
05-06-2016, 02:28 PM

If I look for the good in someone, then I hope to find something good, and when you find good, it is an opportunity to try and build. If I look for the bad in someone and find it, then what? I have found in life it is better to try and encourage something good to happen, rather than correct other people's faults.

This strategy will never make me rich.

Blessings

Eric
But one should beware of the evil of someone. I mean, one should not try to find fault in someone, forcibly, or something. But it depends, I mean, If you only seek the good but ignore the bad.. you might entrench yourself in the bad, etc.

One has to recognise the bad and the good. But how one approaches / tries to correct that, should be with good ettiquette. In some cases, harshness is the tool, sometimes, kindness is.. Or both.

Obv, it only makes someone negative and pessimistic to search for bad qualities, and it isn't a good habit. But when one sees evil, one should not ignore it. Or bad stuff, etc.

I look at both the bad and the good, and then value and see whether the bad outweights the good, etc.
In shaa' Allah, you get what I mean.

Kiro
05-07-2016, 01:01 PM
adventure

ConcealedGem
05-08-2016, 10:11 PM
I wonder how our sister is doing..

ReboundMuslimah
05-10-2016, 01:06 AM
I hope our sister Ramen is ok she's not active on here anymore:/

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 01:18 AM
That distance takes prob. about 9 hours, the layover will add another couple of hours and I don't think she's carrying a cell phone with data signal on her person to be chatting.

EgyptPrincess
05-10-2016, 01:20 AM
Inshallah she is safe and sound.

ReboundMuslimah
05-10-2016, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
That distance takes prob. about 9 hours, the layover will add another couple of hours and I don't think she's carrying a cell phone with data signal on her person to be chatting.
Yea I guess always think positive:)

Eric H
05-11-2016, 04:20 PM
Greetings and peace be with you ramen-thelegend;

and i have only one day left, after which..maybe i'm not here anymore for awhile or maybe forever...maybe i die
You posted this six days ago, can you let us know how you are please?

Blessings

Eric

Kiro
05-11-2016, 04:24 PM

Eric H
05-15-2016, 07:05 AM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

It is now ten days since ramen posted this and left Pakistan, I would have expected her to have posted something if she was ok, any thoughts?

some of you will most probably know that i'm travelling to the uk and in mid-way meet my grandpa and we'll travel together to our final destination. i.e swansea. so that means i'm travelling alone from islamabad (in pakistan) to southampton, with a layover at paris. all on my own...and thats sounds scary...

and yes, pray for me!

and i have only one day left, after which..maybe i'm not here anymore for awhile or maybe forever...maybe i die...so anyone wants to talk? here:http://www.islamicboard.com/groups/talk-to-me-.html
Praying for ramen.

Eric

~ Sabr ~
05-15-2016, 07:11 AM
Hmmm... People have been saying this is a fake account though lol

ReboundMuslimah
05-15-2016, 04:35 PM
Edited

Eric H
05-15-2016, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ramen-thelegend;

and yes, pray for me!

and i have only one day left, after which..maybe i'm not here anymore for awhile or maybe forever...maybe i die...so anyone wants to talk? here:[url
http://www.islamicboard.com/groups/talk-to-me-.html[/url]
Whatever people might think about ramen, she has made about 400 posts since March, then has gone silent for 10 days, this sounds out of character. Something does not seem right.

Umm Abed
05-15-2016, 09:18 PM
Whatever people might think about ramen, she has made about 400 posts since March, then has gone silent for 10 days, this sounds out of character. Something does not seem right.
Hmm, maybe she dont have internet access?

Kiro
05-15-2016, 11:13 PM
ramen

Kiro
05-19-2016, 04:19 AM
hmmm

Eric H
05-19-2016, 05:56 AM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

Ramen said she was worried about travelling with her adopted granddad and his brother, whom she had not met. If everything was ok, she should be going back to school, she should have contact with the outside world, I believe she would have said something on the forum by now, something does not sound right.

Umm Abed
05-19-2016, 08:09 AM
....waiting for a response from ramen as well.

Not sure if anyone has her contact details.

ConcealedGem
05-19-2016, 08:11 AM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

She did tell the forum that she probably won't come back because of Internet/hospital errands or something isn't that right?

Hamza :)
05-30-2016, 11:53 AM
From ummah forum (she just posted this now):-

'uhhh...ok..this is way too embarassing but ....i'm going to say it...

i had not been diagnosed with cancer... with a few tests ..well i have no idea how this diagnoses crap works and just..assumed i had cancer...cant believe i told everyone in school too and now i feel like dying .....

i only had esophageul varices. i got a ...something called TIPS operation...something like transjugular intraheptic..i forgot the rest nevermind... . it didn't work and then luckily i had a liver transplant, which went ok.. but maybe i develop side effects later.

thank god its over the internet or else i would have died of guilt...
'

Umm Abed
05-30-2016, 05:00 PM
Waiting for her to post on here.

I hope she is well and recovering fast.

Muslim Woman
05-30-2016, 05:08 PM

she had a liver transplant ? Anyway , Alhamdulillah , she does not have cancer . May Allah bless her with a happy , healthy life .

sister herb
05-30-2016, 05:40 PM
Oh what kind of terms... :heated:

I didn´t understand anything else than esophageul varices and liver transplant but the most important is that our little sister is alive. May Allah helps she to recover fast and gives to her a long and happy life.

:statisfie

Souljette
05-30-2016, 09:24 PM
Alhamdulillah esophageal varices can be quite dangerous if not treated and she got a liver transplant Alhamdulillah .she doesn't have cancer but glad she could get a transplant done..Alhamdulillahh may Allah give her a quick recovery Ameen

Umm Abed
06-01-2016, 08:25 AM

Sister ramen, how are you doing? Please let us know of your progress.

May Allah swt give you complete recovery and wellness, ameen.

Eric H
06-16-2016, 10:51 AM
Greetings and peace be with you ramen,

Please come back and say hello.

Blessings

Eric

aminah996
06-17-2016, 12:37 AM
Sounds scary! I hope she's fine InshaAllah

*charisma*
06-17-2016, 12:57 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Sis Ramen was seen posting in another forum, so she is doing just fine inshallah.

I will close this thread so no one is misled into believing she is unwell.

OP can message me whenever she returns and wants thread reopened for whatever purpose.

Jazakum Allahu khair.

:threadclo:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.