/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hundreds attend Manchester janaza for young men killed in car crash

Glac09
05-06-2016, 10:45 AM

Hundreds of mourners have attended janaza prayer at the Muslim Heritage Centre in Whalley Range, Manchester, for the funeral of three young men killed in a deadly car crash.

Hamzaa Iqbal, Munib Afzal Karim and Hamza Gujjar died after their car crashed on Wilbraham Road in Whalley Range in the early hours of Wednesday.

Hamzaa, 24, from Burnage, and Hamza, 20 from Bramhall, were pronounced dead at the scene. Their friend Munib, 21, from Heald Green, Stockport, was seriously injured in the crash and died in hospital the following day .

The men had been travelling home from Munib’s sister’s wedding when their car crashed.

Family and friends paid their respects to them at Victoria Park Mosque and the Muslim Heritage Centre in Whalley Range on Thursday. People from as far away as Scotland and the south east made the long journey to pray for the three friends. The funeral had to be held at two sites because of the huge number of people wanting to say goodbye to the three men.

Scores of people have paid tribute to Munib, Hamza and Hamzaa since the crash.

Awais Iqbal, Hamza’s brother, said: “Hamzaa Jacob Iqbal was the best thing that ever happened the Iqbal family. Our beautiful baby brother was turning 25 this June. We were truly blessed the fun, the smiles, the laughter, the tears and most importantly the love our brother brought to our lives.

“The loss of our youngest is something unimaginable. I don’t think there is a word that can explain the sadness and how empty we feel right now. . Words fall short of expressing my sorrow. However, the memories Hamza has left with us feel like it’s the only thing that keeps us close to him and a sense of his presence is felt. Allah SWT chose and honoured us to be apart of such an amazing personality, our popular Hamza which has touched so many different people from all walks of life.”

Police have previously said the hired car they were travelling in was going at “high speed.” It crashed into a signpost and two parked cars close to Whalley Range High School for Girls at around 3.15am on Wednesday April 27.

A 17-year-old who was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving has been bailed until June 11 pending further enquiries.

More...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
05-06-2016, 11:59 AM
:salamext:

May Allaah grant them Jannah, Ameen

BilalKid
05-06-2016, 02:36 PM
ameen !! imsad

strivingobserver98
05-06-2016, 03:58 PM
:sl:

May Allah grant him Jannatul Firdaus and give patience to the families. Ameen.

Take a look at this picture Subhan Allah :cry:. His sisters clasped his hand as the life support machine was turned off.

One minute you are here in this life, then one minute you wake up in your grave!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
05-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon, may Allah SWT bestow upon them Jannatul Firdaus,

SubhanAllah, it reminds you of how fragile life is, in a second it can be snatched away and that's it, just you and your deeds.

hisnameiszzz
05-06-2016, 05:19 PM
All the sympathy aside, why were they travelling at "high speed"? If they were speeding what exactly did they expect?

I'm not being a grinch but rules are there forward reason and if they were genuinely speeding then what did they expect?

piXie
05-06-2016, 07:51 PM
:sl:

Inna lillaahi WA inna ilaihi rajioon. May Allah forgive them and grant them Jannah and their families patience. May this be a means for their families to come closer and more beloved to Allaah. Aameen.

It is a reminder for us all and we are constantly being reminded SubhanAllaah. imsad

Serinity
05-06-2016, 10:28 PM
:salam:

I just hope I don't die a painful death. I just hope I die a death of a shaheed. Painless, and where the Angels descend upon me with glad tidings of Jannah.

~ Sabr ~
05-07-2016, 07:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

I just hope I don't die a painful death. I just hope I die a death of a shaheed. Painless, and where the Angels descend upon me with glad tidings of Jannah.
:wasalamex

Recite this du'aa often (E.g. with every prayer) if you want to die as a Shaheed :ia:

‘Umar radiyallahu ‘anhu used to make dua saying,

Allahummarzuqnee shahaadatan fee sabeelika, waj’al mawtee fee baladi Rasoolik

O Allah, grant me martyrdom in Your Path, and cause my death to occur in the city of Your Messenge
r."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.