/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Misconception about niqabis

Ummu Habibah
05-06-2016, 04:59 PM
When wearing the veil, ‪#‎niqab‬,
We ‪‎CANNOT‬ see well
That's not true.
It is the face that is covered, not the eyes.
If the eyes are covered, there are spaces too see clearly.

Another misconception is that,
When wearing niqab,
We can't see well on the right or left (lol)
Hello, the eyes move and can even dart from left to right! (Alhamdulillah)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Habibah
05-06-2016, 05:02 PM
Before starting wearing hijab, even I tried it first
Yes, no, yes, no and later on I did wear it, Alhamdulillah.

Now coming to the point of wearing niqab,

Many people who do not consider it to be fard, wear it in places where there are many men especially those who stare blatantly. Alhamdulillah. It is in Mauritius and elsewhere. I salute them all.

And I know women who wanted who wanted to gather proof wore niqab to see witness things.

Let us not judge and let Allah swt be the judge.

My point was not to critics se anybody, to be clear.

Pygoscelis
05-06-2016, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Habibah
When wearing the veil, ‪#‎niqab‬,
We ‪‎CANNOT‬ see well
That's not true.
It is the face that is covered, not the eyes.
If the eyes are covered, there are spaces too see clearly.

Another misconception is that,
When wearing niqab,
We can't see well on the right or left (lol)
Hello, the eyes move and can even dart from left to right! (Alhamdulillah)
I used to do personal injury files and represented a Muslima who got in an accident. The defence made this argument, that she couldn't see clearly because of what she was wearing. It was an interesting allegation to explore, and we actually arranged a demonstration of exactly what you are saying above.

strivingobserver98
05-06-2016, 07:11 PM
:jz: for sharing your thoughts.

Respect to those who wear Niqab :ma:, especially in the west. Covering for the sake of Allah :swt: :thumbsup:.

Few other misconceptions shared from an article:
Wearing the niqab implies that all men are predatory

Just as locking our doors at night doesn't imply that all members of society are burglars, wearing the niqab doesn't imply that all men are predatory.

The Islamic worldview recognises that attraction between men and women exists and, if left unharnessed, has the potential to break down the moral fabric of society. It also acknowledges the physiological and physical differences between men and women and therefore Islamic legislation for dress and behaviour reflect these differences and aid adherents to avoid situations that could lead to extra-marital sexual relations. Hence both men and women have been commanded to lower their gazes and given directives on dress.

The niqab poses a security risk at banks and airports

By simply going to the side and showing their faces and ID to female members of staff, Muslim women who wear the niqab, have been, for decades, passing through airport security in major airports all over the world without cause for security concern. The same sort of arrangement can be made for any situation where ID needs to be checked.

Niqab wearers can't possibly be teachers.

There are many highly qualified and experienced Muslim teachers. A Muslim teacher, who wears the niqab, would not need to do so if men were not present, therefore many female Muslim teachers choose to teach women or children and uncover their faces whilst teaching.

Banning the niqab will free those Muslim women who are coerced into wearing it.

Banning the face-veil would be totally counter-productive: it would cause many Muslim women to feel targeted and persecuted and is likely to cause many talented women to withdraw from society. The majority of niqab-wearing women in Europe, wear it out of personal choice, so if, for the sake of a suspected minority, the niqab was to be banned, this would be clear discrimination against the majority. If we want to empower women from any community who are oppressed or abused, effective public services where such abuse can be reported need to be made more available and accessible to the women involved.
Source

Further more misconceptions on niqab clarified on this thread: http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...b-fiction.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
05-06-2016, 07:30 PM
Love the niqab masha'Allah, I hope to wear it one day very soon. That's what I call beauty.

Bhabha
05-06-2016, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Love the niqab masha'Allah, I hope to wear it one day very soon. That's what I call beauty.

Me too! I used to wear Niqab but in North America and western countries in general it draws too much attention.

That's why I wanna live in a Muslim country [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

ConcealedGem
05-06-2016, 08:37 PM
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله

Niqab isn't a barrier الحمد لله.

https://youtu.be/pjQ1TqHK-a0

Pygoscelis
05-06-2016, 08:50 PM
Since somebody inquired, and others may be interested in knowing, the case I spoke of above we won on that issue fairly easily after our demonstration. The judge and defence counsel both tried it on and were able to see quite well. And that was the end of that.

Pygoscelis
05-06-2016, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ConcealedGem
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله

Niqab isn't a barrier الحمد لله.

https://youtu.be/pjQ1TqHK-a0
I agree with the lady in the video. It is a social barrier far more than a functional one.

I have to say though that it is not exactly good PR for her to say that she can do everything wearing it and then immediately show herself shooting weapons and handling a sanke lol. Plays right into western stereotypes and fears. Could she not have first shown the clip of her bowling, parasailing, seadooing etc

Bhabha
05-06-2016, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
I agree with the lady in the video. It is a social barrier far more than a functional one.

I have to say though that it is not exactly good PR for her to say that she can do everything wearing it and then immediately show herself shooting weapons and handling a sanke lol. Plays right into western stereotypes and fears. Could she not have first shown the clip of her bowling, parasailing, seadooing etc
The misconception is that Muslims cannot apparently also be involved in military activities because they are automatically "deviant" whilst Americans can happily show themselves wielding a weapon and their flag in the back and be considered as patriots.

Western stereotypes is that anyone who does not fit into the "dominant" identity of the colonizing regime is a rebel, deviant, etc. Like the French who when the French rebellion happened. Immediately viewed Haitians acting against French interest, colonization and the enslavement of Haitians with armed rebellion... They painted them as the worst lot whilst in their own country they rebelled and called for the emancipation of man.

The same thing when Americans invade nations and call people who are armed and defending their homes as talibans, terrorists and horrible names in order to demonize their actions.

[emoji39]

I remember when I wasn't Muslim and I was obsessed with the airforce and fighter pilots and weapons I wasn't labelled as anything. It was "normal" for me to like these things. Then I became a Muslim and the thought of me wielding a sniper weapon, knowing how to shoot and still liking the sound of fighter jet engines.... I was suddenly "radicalizing"

abumuslim82
05-07-2016, 03:12 AM
Niqab is the way

Pygoscelis
05-07-2016, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
whilst Americans can happily show themselves wielding a weapon and their flag in the back and be considered as patriots.
You don't think people are weary against american guys with shotguns slung over their shoulders or guns on their hips walking down the street? I certainly would be. I rarely see guns and would definitely walk the other way if I saw you, some Texan, or anybody else but a uniformed police officer carrying a gun. Wearing all black and hiding your identity doesn't help matters. The reality is that she is a woman with a mask toting a gun. That is going to make we weary no matter her religion or place of origin.

Bhabha
05-07-2016, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
You don't think people are weary against american guys with shotguns slung over their shoulders or guns on their hips walking down the street? I certainly would be. I rarely see guns and would definitely walk the other way if I saw you, some Texan, or anybody else but a uniformed police officer carrying a gun. Wearing all black and hiding your identity doesn't help matters. The reality is that she is a woman with a mask toting a gun. That is going to make we weary no matter her religion or place of origin.
I don't think so. American patriotism is highly celebrated in the United States. People reward soldiers, call them heroes and encourage the valour of sacrifice when committing atrocities overseas in the name of highly contested words such as "liberty, freedom, justice". I've lived in the USA and the amount of love soldiers, Patriots and retired military personnel get is incredibly overwhelming. There are discounts. The right to bear arms is protected but it becomes contested when it is an individual with a recognized religion that wields the same weapon. There is this documentary of a captain in the USA who was a Muslim Chaplin for prisoners in Guantanamo bay. He was stopped coming into the USA after serving the USA because he was suspected of being a terrorist lol. What is that? I can't voice a political opinion against the bombing raids of western governments in Syria or their invasion in Iraq because I am suspected of being a terrorist by association.

abumuslim82
05-07-2016, 11:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
I don't think so. American patriotism is highly celebrated in the United States. People reward soldiers, call them heroes and encourage the valour of sacrifice when committing atrocities overseas in the name of highly contested words such as "liberty, freedom, justice". I've lived in the USA and the amount of love soldiers, Patriots and retired military personnel get is incredibly overwhelming. There are discounts. The right to bear arms is protected but it becomes contested when it is an individual with a recognized religion that wields the same weapon. There is this documentary of a captain in the USA who was a Muslim Chaplin for prisoners in Guantanamo bay. He was stopped coming into the USA after serving the USA because he was suspected of being a terrorist lol. What is that? I can't voice a political opinion against the bombing raids of western governments in Syria or their invasion in Iraq because I am suspected of being a terrorist by association.
oh ALLAH please give us victory, ameen ameen ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.