/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Healing with the Medicine of the Prophet S.A.W

BeTheChange
05-07-2016, 01:30 PM
Asalamualykum,

Looks like a very good book Alhamdulilah. I haven't read it just yet but it is on my reading list insha Allah.

Let me know what you think insha Allah.

Imam Ibn Qayyim Al-JawziyahHealing with the Medicine of the Prophet is the panacea for those in search of good health. Although it was written by the author, Ibn Al-Qayyim, over six hundred and fifty years ago, it is extremely timely work for our generation in which health and natural health care products have become an important aspect of the lives of so many.

The author presents the guidance of the Prophet in dealing with a variety of health issues, including treatment of ailment and preventive remedies to keep the body fit. As the Qur'an and Sunnah are the main sources of Islamic lifestyle, it only stands to reason that they should likewise be referred to in the matters of health and fitness.

This is the approach taken by Ibn Al-Qayyim as he presents Verses of the Qur'an and statements of the Prophet as his main reference in these issues of health and medicines. The final chapters the this work include an extremely beneficial glossary of remedies, herbs, foods and other natural substances that aid in the journey towards better health.

Please download be visiting http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/Medicine.pdf

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
05-07-2016, 09:10 PM
:wa:

:jz: for sharing. Looks really interesting! Beneficial for those working in medicine field too.

Noticed the picture of the book isn't showing, can you share a cover pic?

Might be worth buying in real life :).

BeTheChange
05-08-2016, 12:42 PM
Sometimes the image is viewable and other times it displays a cross sign like an error has occurred.

Insha Allah if you are interested in buying i have attached an image below of the front cover:

attachmentphp?attachmentid5536&ampstc1 -

Eric H
05-08-2016, 01:02 PM
Greetings and peace be with you BeTheChange; and thanks for sharing,

I am reminded of a story I read on this forum some time ago, posted by Posted by 'this old man'

Let me share what I was told by a Muslim scholar.

Once Nabi Musa (as) had a very bad stomachache. So he prayed to Allah. Allah told him to get the leaves from a certain plant, boil the leaves and drink the brew. He did as he was told. His stomachache was healed. Some time later, he had the same ailment. Again he prayed to Allah for succor. Again he was told to do the same thing which he did with the same good result. The third time he had the same stomachache, without praying to Allah, he went ahead to get the leaves, boiled them and drank the brew. To no avail. Then he begged Allah to tell him why it didn't work as before. Allah told him that the failure resulted from his belief that it was the leaves, and not Allah, that healed his stomachache. Allah and only Allah alone has the power to make things happen.

In the spirit of remembering where healing comes from.

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aisha
05-08-2016, 09:37 PM
السّلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I have this book, it's brilliant MashaAllah. I received it as a gift when I was 14 and it sparked a huge desire to read and collect more Islamic books. (Currently have 600 and counting...:hiding: )
It covers so many topics and makes for fascinating reading.

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

I am reminded of a story I read on this forum some time ago, posted by Posted by 'this old man'

Once Nabi Musa (as) had a very bad stomachache. So he prayed to Allah. Allah told him to get the leaves from a certain plant, boil the leaves and drink the brew. He did as he was told. His stomachache was healed. Some time later, he had the same ailment. Again he prayed to Allah for succor. Again he was told to do the same thing which he did with the same good result. The third time he had the same stomachache, without praying to Allah, he went ahead to get the leaves, boiled them and drank the brew. To no avail. Then he begged Allah to tell him why it didn't work as before. Allah told him that the failure resulted from his belief that it was the leaves, and not Allah, that healed his stomachache. Allah and only Allah alone has the power to make things happen.

Eric
I can relate to this.. learnt it the useful way when a previously miraculous drug gave up on me the second time round! It was a lesson I needed to learn.
Medication is only a means, the cure always comes from Allah. Thank you for sharing this.

BeTheChange
05-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Walaikumasalam,

I think that's one of the beauties of reading books Alhamdulilah.

Once you pick up a book and learn you have the urge to read more.

The more you learn & study the more you realise how little knowledge we really have...

I digress - Looking froward to reading this book very soon insha Allah.

muslim brother
10-14-2016, 01:56 PM
most of todays so called medicines are drugs

they do not heal but just mask the symptoms,and give a quick fix to pain
hakeems say the best medicine is good food and exercise
the sunnah of 40 steps after eating
chewing till food is liquid
and many other sunnah

just look at the list of contra indicatons and warnings on all medicines
and why are we told not to flush or bin medicines
because they will get into the water system and make us sick

even constipation is cured by going to the toilet in the sunnah manner ,squatting
people and cultures where squat toilets are used have much less bowel cancer rates
look on youtube for squat toilet benefits

gazzalii
10-30-2016, 12:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Eric
Yeah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.