PDA

View Full Version : wife leaves husband for not praying regularly

BilalKid
05-07-2016, 11:08 PM
:nervous:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah0411
05-08-2016, 01:26 AM
If a wife or a husband abandon prayer then that marriage is null and void due to the disbelief of its abandonment.

Abz2000
05-08-2016, 05:07 AM
Strong minded, clear thinking and decisive woman.
wow, someone looks to the future a bit more, she sounds like the type of who can help keep a man on the straight and narrow - if he tries and holds on without getting left behind and booted off.

Serinity
05-08-2016, 06:00 AM
:salam:

May Allah SWT reward the sister, and guide the guy. Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BilalKid
05-08-2016, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misbah0411
If a wife or a husband abandon prayer then that marriage is null and void due to the disbelief of its abandonment.
no prayer out of islam or not?? ^o)

Misbah0411
05-08-2016, 08:07 PM
The 8 volume work entitled "Fatawa Islamiyyah" Vol.2 page 371 published by Dar us Salaam Publishers:

"A husband (or wife) who does not pray is a disbeliever, according to the words of the Prophet s.a.a.w.: "The covenant which is between us and them is the prayer, and whoever abandoned it, has disbelieved." (At-Tirmithi, An-Nasa'i and Ahmad) and also: "Between a man and disbelief and shirk is abandoning the prayer." (Muslim). Whether or not he denies its obligation. If he does deny its obligation, he is a disbeliever according to the consensus of scholars. And if he abandons it due to negligence and laziness, but does not deny its obligation, he is also a disbeliever according to the most authoritative sayings of the scholars based upon the two aforementioned hadiths and other reports which carry the same meaning." Bin Baz

Volume 2 of same book pgs 368-69:

As for the saying of the Companions, the majority of them, indeed, more than one reported that all of them regarded the one who abandons the prayer as a disbeliever. Abdullah bin Shaqiq said: "The Companions of the Prophet s.a.a.w. did not regard the abandonment of anything to be disbelief except for prayer." And Imam Ishaq bin Rahwayh, the famous scholar said: "It has been authentically reported from the Prophet s.a.a.w. that the one who abandons prayer is a disbeliever." Ibn Hazm mentioned that it has been reported from Umar, Abdur-Rahma bin Awf, Mu'ath bin Jabal, Abu Hurairah and others from among the Companions, and he said, "And we know of no one among the Companions who contradicts them."

Serinity
05-08-2016, 08:10 PM
What if one misses a prayer because of stress, or a long stressful day, or inconvinience, etc.? Or because of travelling, etc.?

Or someone who believes in Islam, Allah SWT, the Prophet Muhammad SAW, but out of ignorance doesn't know that praying 5 times a day is fardh?

Misbah0411
05-08-2016, 11:07 PM
I find it hard to accept that someone can believe in Islam, Allah SWT, the Prophet s.a.a.w. and not know the obligation of 5 daily prayers. But the one who doesn't know the obligatory out of ignorance is excused until he or she is admonished with the truth and then it becomes obligatory on them. The one who misses a prayer has to make it up. We are talking about abandoning prayer altogether.

Pygoscelis
05-09-2016, 01:37 PM
Good for her. And good for him. They were obviously a bad match.

~ Sabr ~
05-10-2016, 07:46 AM
:salamext:

This is such a stupid STUPID decision on her part!

A person's Imaan fluctuates up and down, you should always make DU'AA for your spouse, not leave them! Allaah can change hearts in a second - been there and experienced myself.

Such a daft woman, she thinks she knows it all! Divorce is the MOST LOVED thing by Shaytaan!

being_forced
05-10-2016, 08:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
:salamext:

This is such a stupid STUPID decision on her part!

A person's Imaan fluctuates up and down, you should always make DU'AA for your spouse, not leave them! Allaah can change hearts in a second - been there and experienced myself.

Such a daft woman, she thinks she knows it all! Divorce is the MOST LOVED thing by Shaytaan!
Why is it so difficult to pray? The wife was just looking out for him religiously. He should have been grateful he had someone to remind him of religion. Right?

~ Sabr ~
05-10-2016, 08:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by being_forced
Why is it so difficult to pray? The wife was just looking out for him religiously. He should have been grateful he had someone to remind him of religion. Right?
I agree, but divorce is the most hated thing for Shaytaan. Unlike you who is just engaged, which isn't even a concept in Islam, so even if it is broken, it's not Islamic.

~ Sabr ~
05-10-2016, 08:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

May Allah SWT reward the sister, and guide the guy. Ameen.
:wasalamex
Are you for real? She just carried out the most beloved act to Shaytaan, and may Allaah reward her? Seriously?! :hiding:

being_forced
05-10-2016, 08:38 AM
I agree, but divorce is the most hated thing for Shaytaan. Unlike you who is just engaged, which isn't even a concept in Islam, so even if it is broken, it's not Islamic.
Is compulsions islamic? Agreeing in the beginning that he won't bring up hijab and then forcing me for it later when things are progressing, is not keeping ur word islamic?

its not ok for a woman to leave a man based on religious grounds, but its ok if a man is forcing a woman for religion?

noraina
05-10-2016, 08:47 AM
Allahu alam. I admit it seems to be a hastily made decision, perhaps if she had been a little more patient? But I suppose you don't really know the full story or what else he may have been doing....but if it was so important she could have confirmed it beforehand if he was practising or not, I mean to divorce after five days is a big thing.

~ Sabr ~
05-10-2016, 08:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by being_forced
Is compulsions islamic? Agreeing in the beginning that he won't bring up hijab and then forcing me for it later when things are progressing, is not keeping ur word islamic?

its not ok for a woman to leave a man based on religious grounds, but its ok if a man is forcing a woman for religion?

Again, they were m a r r i e d . You are e n g a g e d . There is a H U G E difference. (God, it's like dealing with a child!)

You shouldn't even be roaming around with him if you haven't got your Nikkah done.

Anywhos please discuss your business on your thread - no need to spam the rest of the forum. And no need to take your anger out on us, that your "fiance" has broken off your engagement.

Expanding on what I said before:

حدثنا أبو بكر محمد بن أحمد بن بالويه ، ثنا محمد بن عثمان بن أبي [ ص: 558 ] شيبة ، ثنا أحمد بن يونس ، ثنا معروف بن واصل ، عن محارب بن دثار ، عن عبد الله بن عمر - رضي الله عنهما - ، قال : قال رسول الله - صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم - : " ما أحل الله شيئا أبغض إليه من الطلاق " .

هذا حديث صحيح الإسناد ، ولم يخرجاه ، ومن حكم هذا الحديث أن يبدأ به في كتاب الطلاق .
The most detested thing out of permissable (matters) by Allah (SWT) is divorce.
[Mustadrak and declared Authentic by Imam Hakim (RA)]
باب ما جاء في كراهية الطلاق

( أخبرنا ) أبو علي الروذباري ، أنا أبو بكر بن داسة ، نا أبو داود ، نا كثير بن عبيد ، نا محمد بن خالد عن معرف بن واصل عن محارب بن دثار عن ابن عمر رضي الله عنهما أن النبي - صلى الله عليه وسلم - قال : " أبغض الحلال إلى الله الطلاق " .
The most detestable of the permissible (matters) by Allah (SWT) is divorce
[Sunanul-Kubra and declared Authentic by Imam Baihaqi (RA)]

being_forced
05-10-2016, 08:55 AM

Again, they were m a r r i e d . You are e n g a g e d . There is a H U G E difference. (God, it's like dealing with a child!)

You shouldn't even be roaming around with him if you haven't got your Nikkah done.

Anywhos please discuss your business on your thread - no need to spam the rest of the forum. And no need to take your anger out on us, that your "fiance" has broken off your engagement.

Expanding on what I said before:

حدثنا أبو بكر محمد بن أحمد بن بالويه ، ثنا محمد بن عثمان بن أبي [ ص: 558 ] شيبة ، ثنا أحمد بن يونس ، ثنا معروف بن واصل ، عن محارب بن دثار ، عن عبد الله بن عمر - رضي الله عنهما - ، قال : قال رسول الله - صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم - : " ما أحل الله شيئا أبغض إليه من الطلاق " .

هذا حديث صحيح الإسناد ، ولم يخرجاه ، ومن حكم هذا الحديث أن يبدأ به في كتاب الطلاق .
The most detested thing out of permissable (matters) by Allah (SWT) is divorce.
[Mustadrak and declared Authentic by Imam Hakim (RA)]
باب ما جاء في كراهية الطلاق

( أخبرنا ) أبو علي الروذباري ، أنا أبو بكر بن داسة ، نا أبو داود ، نا كثير بن عبيد ، نا محمد بن خالد عن معرف بن واصل عن محارب بن دثار عن ابن عمر رضي الله عنهما أن النبي - صلى الله عليه وسلم - قال : " أبغض الحلال إلى الله الطلاق " .
The most detestable of the permissible (matters) by Allah (SWT) is divorce
[Sunanul-Kubra and declared Authentic by Imam Baihaqi (RA)]

I'm not a perfect person. I apologise. Please carry on.

Umm Abed
05-10-2016, 08:59 AM
Divorce might be a detested thing, but it is permissible for specific reasons.

The woman most probably is following the school of thought that says a person who leaves out salah unnecessarily, is out of the fold of Islam.

Having said this, she knows her reasons and we dont know the full story.

~ Sabr ~
05-10-2016, 09:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Divorce might be a detested thing, but it is permissible for specific reasons.
And this is a reason, according to you? The woman is a joke. Instead of praying to Allaah to guide her spouse, she thinks marriage is a play thing, and she gets divorced? Ha.

Serinity
05-10-2016, 09:35 AM

And this is a reason, according to you? The woman is a joke. Instead of praying to Allaah to guide her spouse, she thinks marriage is a play thing, and she gets divorced? Ha.
Afaik, in the Hanbali madhab, leaving salah is kufr, and thus one becomes a kafir, may Allah SWT protect us. So the moment he left salah, willingly, the nikah became null?

Umm Abed
05-10-2016, 09:36 AM

If she believes that it takes him out of Islam then why not?

(Im not saying he is not muslim.)

abumuslim82
05-10-2016, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
:nervous:

Rasulullah (SAW) mentioned sumfin to the effect " Salaah is the partition between Imaan and kufr "

Umar r.a. and a few others tafseer on this hadith is that a person who intentionally discards salaah is a kaafir.

Other Sahabah r.a. are of the opinion that ur imaan may still be intact but neglect of salaah will eventually lead to acts of kufr, and may eventually lead to fully blown kufr.

so both ways.......

Abu bakr r.a. fought the murtaddeen becoz they did not want to pay zakaah, what then should our response be to those who intentionally neglect salaah, coz salaah is higher in deen than zakaah, and both are crucially important.

Misbah0411
05-10-2016, 10:05 AM

Why are you so presumptuous? Perhaps she did make dua for her husband. She doesn't think marriage is a play thing and that is why she divorced him. Him abandoning prayer is disbelief. A woman cannot be married to a disbeliever. The Prophet s.a.a.w. said abandoning prayer is disbelief, the companions thought so and that is enough for you and I. That sister's al-wala wa'l bara (loyalty and disloyalty for the sake of Allah) is strong, al-Hamdulilah. Get your emotions in check and submit your whims and desires to the guidance of Islam.

~ Sabr ~
05-10-2016, 10:32 AM
Why are you so presumptuous? Perhaps she did make dua for her husband. She doesn't think marriage is a play thing and that is why she divorced him. Him abandoning prayer is disbelief. A woman cannot be married to a disbeliever. The Prophet s.a.a.w. said abandoning prayer is disbelief, the companions thought so and that is enough for you and I. That sister's al-wala wa'l bara (loyalty and disloyalty for the sake of Allah) is strong, al-Hamdulilah. Get your emotions in check and submit your whims and desires to the guidance of Islam.
Are you as thick as you sound? She made dua and gave up 5 days later?! The sister is dumb.

~ Sabr ~
05-10-2016, 10:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Afaik, in the Hanbali madhab, leaving salah is kufr, and thus one becomes a kafir, may Allah SWT protect us. So the moment he left salah, willingly, the nikah became null?
What does Afaik mean? I doubt that very much.

~ Sabr ~
05-10-2016, 10:34 AM
ANYWHOS my main point is that if you can give up on your spouse that easily, then maybe you are not worthy of marriage in the 1st place!!! :raging:

Misbah0411
05-10-2016, 10:44 AM
Are you as thick as you sound? She made dua and gave up 5 days later?! The sister is dumb.
Are you as thick as you sound? Apparently you are dumb for contradicting the Prophet s.a.a.w, the Sahaba and the scholars of Islam. Nobody cares about your worthless opinion when Allah s.w.t and His Messenger s.a.a.w have decreed a matter.

Umm Abed
05-10-2016, 10:44 AM
ANYWHOS my main point is that if you can give up on your spouse that easily, then maybe you are not worthy of marriage in the 1st place!!! :raging:
Sister its alright to say you made a mistake and what you said was wrong, its no problem admitting a mistake, Allah will help you.

Serinity
05-10-2016, 11:09 AM

If someone prays, but perhaps in one prayer, the prayer is not accepted / invalid, without him knowing....?

I have not paid zakat yet, but I consider it obligatory........... There is much difference of opinion. some say that it is sinful to leave prayer, whle considering it fardh still.

May Allah SWT guide us and forgive us. Ameen.

~ Sabr ~
05-10-2016, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Sister its alright to say you made a mistake and what you said was wrong, its no problem admitting a mistake, Allah will help you.
Nope, I stand by what I have said - if you are that weak at relationships and can't work on them, then maybe you shouldn't get married. Khalaas. +o(

~ Sabr ~
05-10-2016, 11:15 AM
Are you as thick as you sound? Apparently you are dumb for contradicting the Prophet s.a.a.w, the Sahaba and the scholars of Islam. Nobody cares about your worthless opinion when Allah s.w.t and His Messenger s.a.a.w have decreed a matter.
TO YOUR YOUR RELIGION AND TO ME MINE

I feel sorry for your future spouse! If any time their Imaan is down and they don't pray, you will file for divorce! Oh the insanity and shaytaan lovers!

Misbah0411
05-10-2016, 08:58 PM
Actually, I am married and you know what? I put in the marriage contract that if any one of us abandons prayer then the marriage is null and void. Secondly, in a land practicing Shariah the way it is suppose to be implemented with the Hudud punishments enforced, that woman would not need to divorce her husband because if he didn't repent he would be killed for abandoning the prayer and she would be a widow instead of a divorcee.

Muezzin
05-11-2016, 01:20 PM
According to the article, she divorced after 5 days of being married to the guy.

I wonder why this issue did not come up before the wedding.

Anyway, none of us really know the whole story. Please can we stop judging and/or personally insulting each other.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.