/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Psychopaths / Sociopaths

Ƀuʼnñỳ Ńàḋ
05-08-2016, 10:43 AM
Hi . I have a confession to make . I'm somewhat psychopathic / sociopathic . Or even , both . I've been looking through the internet for awhile about this . I don't find an answer . I don't want to know Islamic laws that are put down on people like me , I know it's the same no matter what .
I'm just wondering why people like me exist . You know , I believe my heart is black . Even tho I don't do what I want to do , but the thoughts are there . Is there a need for people like me to be here , other than being a servant to Allah ?

I want explanation . Thank you .

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
05-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Interesting question.

Just for those who don't know what they are:

Key traits that sociopaths and psychopaths share include:
  • A disregard for laws and social mores
  • A disregard for the rights of others
  • A failure to feel remorse or guilt
  • A tendency to display violent behavior

Sociopaths tend to be nervous and easily agitated. They are volatile and prone to emotional outbursts, including fits of rage. They are likely to be uneducated and live on the fringes of society, unable to hold down a steady job or stay in one place for very long. It is difficult but not impossible for sociopaths to form attachments with others. Many sociopaths are able to form an attachment to a particular individual or group, although they have no regard for society in general or its rules. In the eyes of others, sociopaths will appear to be very disturbed. Any crimes committed by a sociopath, including murder, will tend to be haphazard, disorganized and spontaneous rather than planned.

Psychopaths, on the other hand, are unable to form emotional attachments or feel real empathy with others, although they often have disarming or even charming personalities. Psychopaths are very manipulative and can easily gain people’s trust. They learn to mimic emotions, despite their inability to actually feel them, and will appear normal to unsuspecting people. Psychopaths are often well educated and hold steady jobs. Some are so good at manipulation and mimicry that they have families and other long-term relationships without those around them ever suspecting their true nature.
Source

noraina
05-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Assalamu alaykum,

This is a complex topic tbh, inshaAllah I'll try to outline it as much as I can - feel free to ask any further questions if you want.

Psychopathy affects about one-percent of the population. One thing I'd like to mention is that people with this are not exactly 'psycho' or 'insane', because, as if shown by the fact you are asking us these questions, you can tell the difference between right and wrong, what is good and bad. It is just there is this 'indifference' in their personality, they feel a lack of remorse or guilt, and can easily lie or manipulate people, or have very shallow feelings - kind of like a suppressed conscience.

I understand you don't want to go into the details of Islamic law on this issue - but if you are not capable of making the correct decisions for yourself, or say this personality disorder affects your thoughts and feelings to a great extent, you would be given leniency and the issue of accountability would be different for you. Make dua that Allah SWT makes it easy for you and also seek professional help.

And no, you don't have a black heart. Allah SWT gives us illnesses, whether physical or mental, as a trial and expiation of sins. We have been created just to worship Him, you have been created just to worship Him, that is the reason why we all exist, and it is no different for you, and being psychopathic doesn't put you at a disadvantage or means you are any less beloved to Him.

That you are concerned about the state of your heat (as we all should be anyway) is very positive and means it is still pure, and wishes to please Allah SWT, and continue to purify by doing all your acts of worship and make constant dua. And remember you may not feel remorse, but you are still highly functional, and no one is punished for having thoughts as long as we don't put them into action - in fact you would gain a lot of reward for ignoring them and having control over your nafs :) , I would call this a test from Allah SWT, and remember He doesn't burden a soul with more than it can bear, that is His promise.

ardianto
05-08-2016, 12:09 PM
:sl:

Psychopath/sociopath never say "I am psychopath/sociopath". Even if other people call them like that, they always deny.

No, no, you are just individual who depressed because pressure from people around you who judge you negatively. So, try to think positively about yourself, and gather with people who can give you positive spirit. In Shaa Allah, you will feel better.

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuslimInshallah
05-08-2016, 12:42 PM
Assalaamu alaikum, my dear,

Mmm... what brings you to believe that you are a psychopath? Or, as you put it, somewhat psychopathic (what does that mean exactly?). If you mean you have impulses to do bad or unkind things... (twinkle) we all have those...

May Allah, the Compassionate, Bless those who worry that their good deeds are insufficient.

Eric H
05-08-2016, 12:50 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Ƀuʼnñỳ Ńàḋ; and welcome to the forum,

I'm somewhat psychopathic / sociopathic . Or even , both . I've been looking through the internet for awhile about this .
At times I think the internet is like a terrible disease, I sometimes feel it helps us to see the worst in ourselves and others, there is too much negative information on the internet.

Give thanks to the Lord often, we each have so many good things to be thankful for. Look for the good in all people, learn to forgive those who hurt you.

Never give up hope that Allah loves you for who you are, after all, Allah was responsible for your creation, and he loves his creation.

In the spirit of searching for a peace that surpasses all understanding.

Eric

Serinity
05-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Never think bad of Allah SWT. Know that it is Allah SWT that gave you this, or perhaps you developed it. Allahu alam.

Anyways, you care about Allah SWT. And Allah SWT cares about you. Don't despair of Allah SWT. He SWT knows you better than you know yourself.

Try to please Allah SWT and obey Him.

Hi, I'm James.
05-08-2016, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ƀuʼnñỳ Ńàḋ
Hi . I have a confession to make . I'm somewhat psychopathic / sociopathic . Or even , both . I've been looking through the internet for awhile about this . I don't find an answer . I don't want to know Islamic laws that are put down on people like me , I know it's the same no matter what .
I'm just wondering why people like me exist . You know , I believe my heart is black . Even tho I don't do what I want to do , but the thoughts are there . Is there a need for people like me to be here , other than being a servant to Allah ?

To be honest the unique personality of someone with ASPD (anti-social personality disorder) is that they don't know they have one and even when told, they refuse to accept that they do because to them they're completely normal. Making a post on a forum asking it would truly be a strange act for someone with ASPD. Nevertheless if you've been diagnosed with it then I guess perhaps you're not actually looking for advice, you just want to know why Allah created you this way.

I'm guessing the answer will probably be "it's a test" as that is the answer for most things.

Don't despair though, psychopaths and sociopaths can also be incredibly smart and successful as they have no problem manipulating and using others to further their own needs. Some CEO's or people who reach high positions in management have ASPD. It's not all doom and gloom.

Undead
12-17-2022, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ƀuʼnñỳ Ńàḋ

Assalam alikum hello today I thought about this topic

I was wondering this as well and I remember my rasula said

About haven (quote: in haven we will have feeling and emotions

We don't have now or we understand now) btw thanks for asking this question

I see lots of people Answering about this topic

And please don't say anything about spalling mistake's lol have a wonderful like

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!