/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dua that Rasulullah SAW taught Abu Darda r.a.

Khalid Saifullah
05-08-2016, 11:25 AM
Dua that Rasouloullah Swalallahou `Alaihi Wasallam taught Abu Darda r.a. for absolute security of the house (including fire, theft, etc):

To be read after Fajr and after Maghrib:

أَللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّيْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، عَلَيْكَ تَوَكَّلْتُ وَ أَنْتَ رَبُّ الْعَرْشِ الْكَرِيْمِ مَا شَاءَ اللَّهُ كَانَ وَ مَا لَمْ يَشَأْ لَمْ يَكُنْ، وَ لَا حَوْلَ وَ لَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللّهِ الْعَلِيِّ الْعَظِيْمِ، أَعْلَمُ أَنَّ اللّهَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيْرٌ، وَ أَنَّ اللّهَ قَدْ أَحَاطَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عِلْمًا، أَللّهُمَّ إِنِّيْ
أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ نَفْسِيْ وَ مِنْ شَرِّ كُلِّ دَابَّةٍ أَنْتَ آخِذٌ بِنَاصِيَتِهَا، إِنَّ رَبِّيْ عَلَى صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيْمٍ.

Allahoumma anta rabbi laa ilaaha illaa anta, ‘alaika tawakkaltou wa anta rabboul’arshil kareem, maa shaa Allahou kaan wa maa lam yasha’ lam yakoun, wa laa Hawla wa laa qouwwata illaa billaahil ‘aliyyil ‘azweem, a’alamou annal laaha ‘alaa koulli shai in qadeer, wa annal laaha qad aHaatwa bi koulli shai in ‘ilman. Allahoumma inni a’ouzou bika min sharri nafsi wa min sharri koulli daab batin anta aakhizoun binaaswiyatihaa, inna rabbi ‘alaa swiraatim moustaqeem. (Baihaqui)

O Allah ! You are my Rabb, there is no deity besides You. I put my trust in You and You are the Rabb of the noble Throne. Whatever Allah wishes, happens. And whatever He does not wish, will not happen. And there is no power or defense except Allah`s, the most High, the Greatest of all. I know that definitely Allah has power over everything and that Allah has encompassed everything in knowledge. O Allah, I ask You protection against the evils of my nafs, and against the evils of all living things, that You only have complete power over them. Definitely my Rabb is on the right path.

(Baihaqi ;Hayatus Sahabah)

Note that the Arabic formula should be read with the conviction over its meaning.

Click on
www.islam-qna.org
for more masnoon duas.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
asifghafoorkhan
10-20-2023, 07:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalid Saifullah
Dua that Rasouloullah Swalallahou `Alaihi Wasallam taught Abu Darda r.a. for absolute security of the house (including fire, theft, etc):

To be read after Fajr and after Maghrib:

أَللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّيْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، عَلَيْكَ تَوَكَّلْتُ وَ أَنْتَ رَبُّ الْعَرْشِ الْكَرِيْمِ مَا شَاءَ اللَّهُ كَانَ وَ مَا لَمْ يَشَأْ لَمْ يَكُنْ، وَ لَا حَوْلَ وَ لَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللّهِ الْعَلِيِّ الْعَظِيْمِ، أَعْلَمُ أَنَّ اللّهَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيْرٌ، وَ أَنَّ اللّهَ قَدْ أَحَاطَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عِلْمًا، أَللّهُمَّ إِنِّيْ
أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ نَفْسِيْ وَ مِنْ شَرِّ كُلِّ دَابَّةٍ أَنْتَ آخِذٌ بِنَاصِيَتِهَا، إِنَّ رَبِّيْ عَلَى صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيْمٍ.

Allahoumma anta rabbi laa ilaaha illaa anta, ‘alaika tawakkaltou wa anta rabboul’arshil kareem, maa shaa Allahou kaan wa maa lam yasha’ lam yakoun, wa laa Hawla wa laa qouwwata illaa billaahil ‘aliyyil ‘azweem, a’alamou annal laaha ‘alaa koulli shai in qadeer, wa annal laaha qad aHaatwa bi koulli shai in ‘ilman. Allahoumma inni a’ouzou bika min sharri nafsi wa min sharri koulli daab batin anta aakhizoun binaaswiyatihaa, inna rabbi ‘alaa swiraatim moustaqeem. (Baihaqui)

O Allah ! You are my Rabb, there is no deity besides You. I put my trust in You and You are the Rabb of the noble Throne. Whatever Allah wishes, happens. And whatever He does not wish, will not happen. And there is no power or defense except Allah`s, the most High, the Greatest of all. I know that definitely Allah has power over everything and that Allah has encompassed everything in knowledge. O Allah, I ask You protection against the evils of my nafs, and against the evils of all living things, that You only have complete power over them. Definitely my Rabb is on the right path.

(Baihaqi ;Hayatus Sahabah)

Note that the Arabic formula should be read with the conviction over its meaning.

Click on
https://islamibhai.info/
for more masnoon duas.

Can you provide the urdu translation of this dua?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.