/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Memorizing the Qur'an - A Blessing from Allah

Raptor
05-08-2016, 08:01 PM
:sl:

This thread is for tips on memorising the Qur'an and motivation to memorize. Others may also post helpful advice.

1. Sincerity. The first matter you have to pay attention to is your intention (if you intend good you will get good). Make sure that the intention you are making is only for the sake of Allah, to seek His Pleasure so that insha'Allah, with His Mercy, we will be rewarded in the Aakhirah. It is not to show off in front of others that you have memorized a lot. Sincerity is not a one time factor rather it's a continual battle that you always have to renew.
2. Consistency. The more frequently you memorize, the easier it becomes. It is very essential to be consistent, and not to skip even one day. There is no weekend in worship. The bare minimum that one should memorize is at least 3 lines, 5 is more ideal. If you are consistent, insha'Allah, you will be able to be huffadh in 5-6 years
3. Timing. The first thing you should do in the day is memorize – even do so before your breakfast, because this is your spiritual breakfast. The best time to memorize is right after Fajr. . (Sh. Yasir used to take one hour to memorize a page in the beginning, and eventually came down to 15-20 minutes)
4. Atmosphere. Have a secluded place to go to and memorize in a place that is quiet. You just can't memorize properly with distractions, so turn off all your devices (like cell phones)
5. Familiarity: start at the same time, at the same place and use the same mushaf every day. You need to have your own copy of the Mushaf (the Madani Mushaf is highly recommended), it will later become so dear to you.
6. No Magic trick: repeat, repeat, repeat, over and over again. It is just repetitive recitation and/or listening that will help to memorize.
7. Memorize with the meaning: read the translation before you start and try to match the Arabic words with their meanings
8. Surround yourself with recitation: listen to the Qur'an. Before you start memorize, listen to what you are about to memorize. Sh. Husary is highly recommended
9. Find a recitation buddy: get a friend, a family member or someone you know who will listen to your recitation every day. Ideally, get someone who is also memorizing to create a peer pressure system.
10. Recite daily in your salah what you have memorized. If you forget one portion, you will immediately rush towards the Qur'an and correct your mistake and you will never do this mistake again.

This is to help those who are on their journey on memorizing the glorious Qur'an or those that have a sincere intention on doing so in the future. :)

May Allah allow us all to memorise the Qur'an and act upon it in our lives.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ConcealedGem
05-08-2016, 09:41 PM
سبحان الله this is amazing جزاك اللهُ خير‎

و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله

noraina
05-08-2016, 09:44 PM
All of these hifz articles I am reading are really motivating me Alhamdulillah. May Allah SWT reward you for sharing this.

Raptor
05-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Causes that aid in the memorisation of the Qur'an:

http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/al-a...alal-hifdh.pdf

You can read this book online

If you can not go over all of it (even though I suggest you take time out to do so) then read from page 34 onwards Insha'Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
05-10-2016, 07:52 AM
:jz: !!!!

Raptor
05-10-2016, 06:38 PM
Al-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464) narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’aan: Recite and rise in status, recite as you used to recite in the world, for your status will be at the last verse that you recite.” This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 5/218, no. 2240

Raptor
05-13-2016, 08:46 PM
If you want to listen to specific verses of the Qur'an (from a variety of well known reciters, such as sheikh Husary) then use this: http://www.houseofquran.com/quransys/qsys.html

You can also use something similar from this forum: http://www.islamicboard.com/Quran.html

For those that are memorizing Qur'an it is suggested that you use a slower reciting sheikh and get your tajweed on point first.

Raptor
05-18-2016, 09:50 PM
Don't wait for Ramadhan to start reading Qur'an. No one is guaranteed Ramadhan, so start now.

“Until, when death comes to one of them, he says: “My Lord! Send me back so that I may do good in that which I have left behind” [23:99-100]

Tomorrow is promised to no one.

Raptor
05-24-2016, 08:38 PM
Just like water and oil do not mix, Qur'an and music cannot stay stay in the same heart together.

Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari:

That he heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."
Sahih al-Bukhari 5590

It is either the words of Allah or shaytan, you choose.

azc
05-25-2016, 04:45 AM
Several times I have tried to memorize Quran but.....

In sha Allah I must try again.

Do dua for me.

Serinity
05-25-2016, 08:01 AM
:salam:

Allah SWT forgive me! I should hasten to memorise all the small surahs.

Raptor
05-29-2016, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Several times I have tried to memorize Quran but.....

In sha Allah I must try again.

Do dua for me.
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

Allah SWT forgive me! I should hasten to memorise all the small surahs.
:wasalam:

May Allah give you the ability to memorize the Qur'an.

Shaytan will try and stop you from your goal, you must have a sincere intention.

Raptor
06-21-2016, 10:44 PM
Insha Allah Ramadhan is going well for all of you.

We are already half way through this month and even if you have not read much Qur'an yet then you still have time, there is so much Barakah in Ramadhan and reading Qur'an throughout the month is one of the best ways to use this time that we may regret wasting later on but it will be too late by then.

ahmedfarhan
02-09-2017, 06:30 AM
May Allah bestow good things in both the world and give hidayat to others to memorise Quran.

Raptor
04-16-2017, 10:00 PM
Insha Allah you are all in the best state of health and iman

Time flies and we are reaching another ramadhan, another opportunity. May Allah allow us all to reach Ramadhan.

format_quote Originally Posted by ahmedfarhan
May Allah bestow good things in both the world and give hidayat to others to memorise Quran.
Ameen.

Raptor
06-22-2017, 01:06 AM
Asalamu Alaykum

It may be Laylatul Qadr this night since it is the 27th of Ramadhan

This is an amazing opportunity to catch up with the Qur'an since your rewards will be be multiplied!
We are already near the end of ramadhan subhanallah, not much time left so make the best of it insha Allah

May Allah accept all of our good deeds and grant us the highest ranks in Jannah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.