/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal meat sold by non muslim

S.Ali786
05-08-2016, 09:58 PM
Salams brothers and sisters, is it permissible for a muslim to buy halal meat from a non muslim?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khalid Saifullah
05-08-2016, 10:14 PM
Wa alaikumus salaam

Due to cross contamination , it's not preferable to buy halaal meat from a non muslim.

And Allâh Ta’ala knows best

MuslimInshallah
05-09-2016, 01:35 AM
Assalaamu alaikum Ali,

Mmm... it seems to me that if you know the meat is halal (for instance, it is in a package certified halal from a legitimate certifier, or if you witnessed it killed yourself, or if you know the person who butchered the meat for you is of the people of the book and is truthful and respectful of Muslim requirements...), I fail to see what the problem would be.

However, if you have serious concerns about the truth of the meat's being halal, or if there is a high likelihood of contamination (as Khalid mentioned), then it seems to me reasonable to try to avoid it (unless there are no other options). (smile) At least, this is how I personally have approached this question in the past.

But only Allah truly Knows. May He, the Almighty, the High, Forgive us if we err while seeking His Will..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.