/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you recognise them?

noraina
05-09-2016, 09:59 AM
Assalamu alaykum,

Well recently, I was walking from the shops with my cousin, and a bit of a distance away I saw my friend (she wears the niqab) so I called out to her and we quickly crossed the roads for a quick chat (my cousin stood back, she hasn't had much experience with niqabis, lol).

After we had spoken, my cousin asked me in genuine amazement 'How did you recognise your friend from across the road, when she is covered from head to toe?'

I just found it so funny I burst out laughing. Tbh I'd never really thought how I could distinguish between niqabis so easily as if I could see their face. I suppose it is a mixture of things, perhaps they way they wear the niqab, their height, their build, the way they walk...I told my friend afterwards and we just found it funny how strange my cousin thought it was, and yet if you are in the company of niqabis you don't think twice about this, you can recognise them all - just goes to show we don't necessarily need to see facial features to know someone.

Must be a unique skill, lol.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ConcealedGem
05-09-2016, 10:48 AM
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله

You are right, you can tell by the way they walk, their height, what kind of abayahs/jilbabs they wear, and their eyes.

Theres another niqabi that studies in my institute and loads of sisters get mixed up with me and her because we both have the same eyes and do our Niqab the same, it's funny. :)

but it I think everyone can tell the difference now because there's a massive height difference between me and her.

strivingobserver98
05-09-2016, 10:49 AM
:wa:

Yep.. Strange how people can just recognize them straight away.

Or maybe the accessories give it away :O, watches, rings etc.

May Allah :swt: reward those covering for His sake. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.