/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared (sort of)

Hamza :)
05-09-2016, 07:23 PM
:sl:

So it's 12 am here already which technically means my exam's tomorrow. I just have a bit more than 24 hours.

I'm stressing way too much, partly because I wasted alot of time today. I'm quite confident alhamdulillah that I'm well prepared tho. Just need to do some more revision and check past papers and mark schemes.

Can you guys please tell me some duaas that I should recite right now to ace my exams and also for calming down.

Any general advice would be appreciated as well.

I'm in need of your duaas

:jz:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
05-09-2016, 07:30 PM
:wa:

Revise a little bit more if needed, drink water and take plenty of rest :).

Here's your handy dua list:

Seeking knowledge:

These ayah’s from Surah Taha (Verses 25-28) were the supplication of Prophet Musa (peace be upon him), who had a problem with fluency in speech. In order to get the compassion of Allah (swt), he would recite this dua in times of distress. Out of all duas for students, this supplication can serve many purposes, as it can be used for standardized tests, and to help improve your speech both orally and in writing. Recite this duaa before delivering lectures, a big interview or any time you might need it:

رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِّن لِّسَانِي يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي

Rabbishrah lee sadree Wayassir lee amree Wahlul ‘uqdatan min lisanee Yafqahoo qawlee

“O my Sustainer! Open up my heart and make my task easy for me, and loosen the knot from my tongue so that they might fully understand my speech.”

Before Studying:

َللَّهُمَّ اَكْرِمْنْيْ بِنُوْرِ الْفَهْمِ وَ خَرَّجَنِيْ مِنْ ظُلُمَاتِ الْوَهْمِ وَ افْتَحْ عَلَيْنَا اَبْوَابَ عِلْمَكَ، وَ انْشُرْ

عَلَيْنَا خُزَّانَ مَعْرِفَتِكَ يَا اَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِيْنَ،

اَللَّهُمَّ وَفِّقْنِيْ فِىْ الْمُطَالَعَةِ بِحَلِّ جَمِيْعِ مُشْكِلاَتِ الْمَسَآئِلِ مِنَ الْكُتُبِ بِرَحْمَتِكَ يَا اَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِيْنَ

Allaahumma akrimnee binooril fahmi wa kharrajanee min z’ulumaatil wahmi waftah’ a’lainaa abwaaba i’lmak. Wan shur a’lainaa khuzzaanu ma’rifatika yaa arh’amar raah’imeen. Allaahumma waffiqnee fil mut’aala’ti bih’ablee jamee-i’ mushkilaatil masaa-ili minal kutubi birah’matika yaa arh’amar raah’imeen.

“Oh Allah, honor me by the light of understanding and take me out from the darkness of doubt and open upon us the doors of your knowledge and open upon us the treasure of your recognition, oh the best of the Merciful ones. Oh Allah, and give me Tawfeeq to study and solving all the difficult problems through books. By your mercy, oh the best of the merciful ones.”

After Studying:

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْتَوْدِعُكَ مَا قَرأتُ وَمَا حَفَظْتُ، فَرُضُهُ عَليّ عِنْدَ حَاجَتِي إِلَيهِ، إِنّكَ عَلى مَا تَشَاءُ قَدِيرُ وَأَنْتَ حَسْبِي وَنِعْمَ الوَكِيل

Allahumma inni astaodeeka ma qara’tu wama hafaz-tu. Farudduhu ‘allaya inda hajati elahi. Innaka ‘ala ma-tasha’-u qadeer wa anta hasbeeya wa na’mal wakeel

“Oh Allah! I entrust you with what I have read and I have studied. Oh Allah! Bring it back to me when I am in need of it. Oh Allah! You do whatever you wish, you are my availer and protector and the best of aid.”

For Maintaining Concentration:

صَلّىَ اللهُ عَلى مُحَمّدٍ وَآلِ مُحَمّد. اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْألُكَ يَا مُذَكِرَ الخَيْرِ وَفَاعِلَهُ وَالآمِرَ بِهِ ذَكِرّنِي مَا اَنّسَانِهِ الشّيطَان

Salla-l-laahu alaa Muhammad wa aal-e Muhammad. Allahumma inni as’aluka yaa mudhakkira-l khayr wa faa’ilahu wa-l-aamimira bihi dhakir-ni maa ansaani-hi-shaytan.

“Blessings of Allah be upon Muhammad and his progeny. O Allah, I ask you, the one who mentions goodness and actualizes it and commands it, remind me of that which the shaytan makes me forget.”

To Remember Forgotten Things:

The following dua’a was taught by our Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) to Imam Ali to be recited after every obligatory Salaat in order to develop a flawless memory. Who doesn’t want a flawless memory? Make it a habit or at least increase recitation of this dua before test day:

سُبْحانَ مَنْ لا يَعْتَدي عَلى أهْلِ مَمْلَكَتِهِ سُبْحانَ مَنْ لا يَأخُذُ اَهْلَ الاَْرْضِ بأَلْوانِ الْعَذابِ سُبْحانَ الرَّؤوُفِ الرَّحيمِ اَللّـهُمَّاْجَعلْ لي في قَلْبى نُوراً وَبَصَراً وَفَهْماً وَعِلْماً اِنَّكَ عَلى كُلِّ شَي قَديرٌ .

“Glory be to Him who does not treat the citizens of His Kingdom unjustly and harshly, Glory be to Him who does not let torment and pain come suddenly upon mankind, Glory be to the Compassionate, the Merciful. O Allah fill my heart and mind with true enlightenment, discerning intelligence, quick understanding and knowledge, Verily you are able to do all things.”

When Studying Something Difficult:

اللَّهُمَّ لاَ سَهْلاً إِلّاَ مَا جَعَلّتَهٌ سَهْلاً وَأَنّتَ تَجّعَلَ الحَزَنَ إِذَا شِئتَ سَهْلاً

Allahumma la sahla illama ja-‘altahu sahla anta taj ‘alu al hazana eza ma shi’ta sahal

“Oh Allah! Nothing is easy except what You have made easy. If You wish, You can make the difficult easy.”

To Suppress Anxiety and Fear:

You may often experience frustration, fear, and anxiety in exams, which may adversely affect your performance. Recite this dua, reported by Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), that the Prophet (pbuh) used to say when something upset him.

للَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْهَمِّ وَ الْحَزَنِ

وَ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ العَجْزِ وَ الْكَسَلِ

وَ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْجُبْنِ وَ الْبُخْلِ

وَ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ غَلَبَةِ الدَّيْنِ و قَهْرِ الرجال

Allahumma inni a’oodhoo bika minal-hammi walhuzni, wal-‘ajzi wal-kasali wal-bukhli wal-jubni, wa dal’id-dayni wa ghalabatir- rajaal

“O Allah! I seek refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being oppressed by men.”

Source

anatolian
05-09-2016, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)
Any general advice would be appreciated as well.
Get out of here and go on to study!!!! :)

05-09-2016, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan

Revise a little bit more if needed, drink water and take plenty of rest :).

Here's your handy dua list:

Seeking knowledge:

These ayah’s from Surah Taha (Verses 25-28) were the supplication of Prophet Musa (peace be upon him), who had a problem with fluency in speech. In order to get the compassion of Allah (swt), he would recite this dua in times of distress. Out of all duas for students, this supplication can serve many purposes, as it can be used for standardized tests, and to help improve your speech both orally and in writing. Recite this duaa before delivering lectures, a big interview or any time you might need it:

رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِّن لِّسَانِي يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي

Rabbishrah lee sadree Wayassir lee amree Wahlul ‘uqdatan min lisanee Yafqahoo qawlee

“O my Sustainer! Open up my heart and make my task easy for me, and loosen the knot from my tongue so that they might fully understand my speech.”

Before Studying:

َللَّهُمَّ اَكْرِمْنْيْ بِنُوْرِ الْفَهْمِ وَ خَرَّجَنِيْ مِنْ ظُلُمَاتِ الْوَهْمِ وَ افْتَحْ عَلَيْنَا اَبْوَابَ عِلْمَكَ، وَ انْشُرْ

عَلَيْنَا خُزَّانَ مَعْرِفَتِكَ يَا اَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِيْنَ،

اَللَّهُمَّ وَفِّقْنِيْ فِىْ الْمُطَالَعَةِ بِحَلِّ جَمِيْعِ مُشْكِلاَتِ الْمَسَآئِلِ مِنَ الْكُتُبِ بِرَحْمَتِكَ يَا اَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِيْنَ

Allaahumma akrimnee binooril fahmi wa kharrajanee min z’ulumaatil wahmi waftah’ a’lainaa abwaaba i’lmak. Wan shur a’lainaa khuzzaanu ma’rifatika yaa arh’amar raah’imeen. Allaahumma waffiqnee fil mut’aala’ti bih’ablee jamee-i’ mushkilaatil masaa-ili minal kutubi birah’matika yaa arh’amar raah’imeen.

“Oh Allah, honor me by the light of understanding and take me out from the darkness of doubt and open upon us the doors of your knowledge and open upon us the treasure of your recognition, oh the best of the Merciful ones. Oh Allah, and give me Tawfeeq to study and solving all the difficult problems through books. By your mercy, oh the best of the merciful ones.”

After Studying:

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْتَوْدِعُكَ مَا قَرأتُ وَمَا حَفَظْتُ، فَرُضُهُ عَليّ عِنْدَ حَاجَتِي إِلَيهِ، إِنّكَ عَلى مَا تَشَاءُ قَدِيرُ وَأَنْتَ حَسْبِي وَنِعْمَ الوَكِيل

Allahumma inni astaodeeka ma qara’tu wama hafaz-tu. Farudduhu ‘allaya inda hajati elahi. Innaka ‘ala ma-tasha’-u qadeer wa anta hasbeeya wa na’mal wakeel

“Oh Allah! I entrust you with what I have read and I have studied. Oh Allah! Bring it back to me when I am in need of it. Oh Allah! You do whatever you wish, you are my availer and protector and the best of aid.”

For Maintaining Concentration:

صَلّىَ اللهُ عَلى مُحَمّدٍ وَآلِ مُحَمّد. اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْألُكَ يَا مُذَكِرَ الخَيْرِ وَفَاعِلَهُ وَالآمِرَ بِهِ ذَكِرّنِي مَا اَنّسَانِهِ الشّيطَان

Salla-l-laahu alaa Muhammad wa aal-e Muhammad. Allahumma inni as’aluka yaa mudhakkira-l khayr wa faa’ilahu wa-l-aamimira bihi dhakir-ni maa ansaani-hi-shaytan.

“Blessings of Allah be upon Muhammad and his progeny. O Allah, I ask you, the one who mentions goodness and actualizes it and commands it, remind me of that which the shaytan makes me forget.”

To Remember Forgotten Things:

The following dua’a was taught by our Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) to Imam Ali to be recited after every obligatory Salaat in order to develop a flawless memory. Who doesn’t want a flawless memory? Make it a habit or at least increase recitation of this dua before test day:

سُبْحانَ مَنْ لا يَعْتَدي عَلى أهْلِ مَمْلَكَتِهِ سُبْحانَ مَنْ لا يَأخُذُ اَهْلَ الاَْرْضِ بأَلْوانِ الْعَذابِ سُبْحانَ الرَّؤوُفِ الرَّحيمِ اَللّـهُمَّاْجَعلْ لي في قَلْبى نُوراً وَبَصَراً وَفَهْماً وَعِلْماً اِنَّكَ عَلى كُلِّ شَي قَديرٌ .

“Glory be to Him who does not treat the citizens of His Kingdom unjustly and harshly, Glory be to Him who does not let torment and pain come suddenly upon mankind, Glory be to the Compassionate, the Merciful. O Allah fill my heart and mind with true enlightenment, discerning intelligence, quick understanding and knowledge, Verily you are able to do all things.”

When Studying Something Difficult:

اللَّهُمَّ لاَ سَهْلاً إِلّاَ مَا جَعَلّتَهٌ سَهْلاً وَأَنّتَ تَجّعَلَ الحَزَنَ إِذَا شِئتَ سَهْلاً

Allahumma la sahla illama ja-‘altahu sahla anta taj ‘alu al hazana eza ma shi’ta sahal

“Oh Allah! Nothing is easy except what You have made easy. If You wish, You can make the difficult easy.”

To Suppress Anxiety and Fear:

You may often experience frustration, fear, and anxiety in exams, which may adversely affect your performance. Recite this dua, reported by Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), that the Prophet (pbuh) used to say when something upset him.

للَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْهَمِّ وَ الْحَزَنِ

وَ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ العَجْزِ وَ الْكَسَلِ

وَ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْجُبْنِ وَ الْبُخْلِ

وَ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ غَلَبَةِ الدَّيْنِ و قَهْرِ الرجال

Allahumma inni a’oodhoo bika minal-hammi walhuzni, wal-‘ajzi wal-kasali wal-bukhli wal-jubni, wa dal’id-dayni wa ghalabatir- rajaal

“O Allah! I seek refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being oppressed by men.”

Source
you the man, mate

:jz: bro may Allah reward you

Thanks a million :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
05-09-2016, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Get out of here and go on to study!!!! :)
haha i am studying. Multi tasking actually

anatolian
05-09-2016, 07:39 PM
haha i'm studying. Multi tasking actually
Nay..Dont decieve yourself...There is no such a thing as multitasking.. :) Only focus on your exam.. ;)

noraina
05-09-2016, 09:30 PM
Assalamu alaykum

The duas bro Farhan have listed are perfect. Don't stress out too much bro, drink water and sleep well, you have studied hard for this - none of your efforts will go to waste.

May Allah SWT give you success upon success. Ameen.

05-10-2016, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Assalamu alaykum

The duas bro Farhan have listed are perfect. Don't stress out too much bro, drink water and sleep well, you have studied hard for this - none of your efforts will go to waste.

May Allah SWT give you success upon success. Ameen.
wa'alaykumas salam

Thanks, :jz:

Ameen likewise, may Allah give you success upon success :)

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 01:07 AM
What are you doing on here! Go revise and rest your head! >_<

strivingobserver98
05-10-2016, 11:20 AM
@Hamza :)

How was the exam, did you complete it?

05-10-2016, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
@Hamza :)

How was the exam, did you complete it?
It's tomorrow inshaAllah bro

thanks for asking

05-16-2016, 07:48 PM

Next exam tomorrow requesting duaas :jz:

BeTheChange
05-16-2016, 08:04 PM

Next exam tomorrow requesting duaas :jz:
Walaikumasalaam,

Insha Allah you will be fine.

Read Surat Yaseen in the morning when you wake up and get plenty of sleep insha Allah.

There's no point learning anything new unless you have a photographic memory.

Recap what you have learnt insha Allah.

Try and answer every question even if you have to guess.

All the best insha Allah. I wish you success Ameen.

Marina-Aisha
05-16-2016, 09:17 PM
For knowledge:

رَبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا

Rabbizidnee AAilma

My Lord, increase me in knowledge.

Surah Taha [20:114]

When something difficult
When something is difficult for you:

اللّهُمَّ لا سَهْلَ إِلاّ ما جَعَلتَهُ سَهلاً، وَأَنْتَ تَجْعَلُ الْحَزَنَ إِذا شِئْتَ سَهْلاً

Allaahumma laa sahla 'illaa maal ja'altahu sahlan wa 'Anta taj'alul-hazna 'ithaa shi'ta sahlan

O Allah, there is no ease other than what You make easy. If You please You ease sorrow

Ibn Hibban in his Sahih (no. 2427), and Ibn As- Sunni (no. 351). Al-Hafidh (Ibn Hajar) said that this Hadith is authentic. It was also declared authentic by 'Abdul-Qadir Al-Arna'ut in his checking of An-Nawawi's Kitabul-Athkarp. p106

BeTheChange
05-17-2016, 04:30 PM
Aslamaualykum,

How was your exam brother?

Hope it went as you planned insha Allah.

05-17-2016, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Aslamaualykum,

How was your exam brother?

Hope it went as you planned insha Allah.

It went as Allah subhaanahu wa ta'aala had planned, His plan was better than mine. Undoubtedly He is 'the best of planners'.

It was really good alhamdulillah :)

BeTheChange
05-17-2016, 06:30 PM
Allah Hu Akbar,

It's a good feeling when revision pays off. Subhana Allah.

Allah swt looks after us more than we can imagine!

When is your last exam?

I think my sister's last exam is 2nd of June Insha Allah.

I can't wait because then i can annoy her even more :D. I have to give her some 'peace' until then.

May Allah swt make help us use our abilities and talents to please HIM Ameen.

05-17-2016, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Allah Hu Akbar,

It's a good feeling when revision pays off. Subhana Allah.

Allah swt looks after us more than we can imagine!

When is your last exam?

I think my sister's last exam is 2nd of June Insha Allah.

I can't wait because then i can annoy her even more :D. I have to give her some 'peace' until then.

May Allah swt make help us use our abilities and talents to please HIM Ameen.
InshaAllah 17th of June

Aww out of the frying pan into the fire :D

Ameen Ameen

may Allah help her ace her exams

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.