/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Life before mankind?

EgyptPrincess
05-09-2016, 11:04 PM
salaam alaikum

Does the Quran mention any life before mankind? There clearly is no doubt that mankind was not the first animal so I wondered if the Quran or the prophet Muhammed pbuh mentioned anything about this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah0411
05-09-2016, 11:24 PM
The jinns lived on the earth before Adam and his descendants.

EgyptPrincess
05-09-2016, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misbah0411
The jinns lived on the earth before Adam and his descendants.
Any mention of actual animals though... Not angels or jinn or anything. Actual animals?

Freedom
05-09-2016, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
Any mention of actual animals though... Not angels or jinn or anything. Actual animals?
I am not sure if the Qur'an mentions it, but there is a ton of evidence for animals existing millions of years ago.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
EgyptPrincess
05-09-2016, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Freedom
I am not sure if the Qur'an mentions it, but there is a ton of evidence for animals existing millions of years ago.
Of course :) I just wanted to see if there was any information about this in the Quran or Hadiths

Freedom
05-10-2016, 12:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
Of course :) I just wanted to see if there was any information about this in the Quran or Hadiths
Well there are these verses, from Surah al-Baqarah, regarding Adam that could be relevant to this topic:
And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth." They said: "Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, - while we glorify You with praises and thanks and sanctify You." He (Allâh) said: "I know that which you do not know." (30) And He taught Adam all the names (of everything) [], then He showed them to the angels and said, "Tell Me the names of these if you are truthful." (31) They (angels) said: "Glory be to You, we have no knowledge except what you have taught us. Verily, it is You, the All-Knower, the All-Wise." (32) He said: "O Adam! Inform them of their names," and when he had informed them of their names, He said: "Did I not tell you that I know the Ghaib (unseen) in the heavens and the earth, and I know what you reveal and what you have been concealing?" (33)
This ties in with the stories that Christians believe about Adam naming all the creatures of the Earth.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.