/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tea lovers

ReboundMuslimah
05-10-2016, 12:55 AM
I love trying different tea's and so far I have tried Chai, Black tea, Green tea, some Chinese herbal tea, and Earl Grey.What other tea's would you guys recommend?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bhabha
05-10-2016, 01:16 AM
Mate tea

ReboundMuslimah
05-10-2016, 02:54 AM
Never heard of it, is it good?

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 03:24 AM
Yea it's good. It's South American. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ReboundMuslimah
05-10-2016, 03:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
Yea it's good. It's South American. :)
Can't wait to try it thx[emoji39]

strivingobserver98
05-10-2016, 11:19 AM
In Egypt during a quad biking trip, we stopped in a camp, a man invited everyone to a tent. Had the nicest tea ever! Maybe it was Egyption tea, didn't know the name of it though :hiding:.

Umm Abed
05-10-2016, 11:19 AM
I love tea, normal black tea with milk and sugar, mmmm, yum, give me a cuppa:statisfie

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
I love tea, normal black tea with milk and sugar, mmmm, yum, give me a cuppa:statisfie
Oh yes. Black tea with milk is delicious. [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji38]

~ Sabr ~
05-10-2016, 11:31 AM
:salamext:

noraina
05-10-2016, 01:41 PM
I am yet to find a tea I like - I think I've tried three or four types but I still can't stand the stuff. (I'll back out of this tea-loving thread now, lol).

sister herb
05-10-2016, 02:49 PM
I like herb teas - from the herbs of my own herb garden. Peppermint is the best - and its said that it improves your memory. Students should give it a try.

ConcealedGem
05-10-2016, 02:51 PM
:sl:

Lemon green tea, ginger green tea, peppermint green tea, twinnings raspberry, normal green tea, Bengali tea and Bengali tea with cinnamon and bay leaves

Oh and oolong tea

delicious :)

sister herb
05-10-2016, 03:02 PM
Chai tea is good too - plus you can try chai cookies with chai tea.

Sister101
05-10-2016, 03:44 PM
:sl:

A lot of my friends like to drink bubble tea. I've never tried it, but it sounds delicious from the description I read.

s.ali123
05-10-2016, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~

I use that tea in Munich :D but in terms of taste Pakistani Tapal Danedaar is much better. Make it the way of it is made in South Asia.... ahan ahan! :D

sister herb
05-10-2016, 04:10 PM
A bubble tea? Has it bubbles?

Hard to imagine.

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
A bubble tea? Has it bubbles?

Hard to imagine.
This is so good. It has jellies inside the tea like for example licheee and mango and so on, little pieces of cut fruit inside the tea and it is either heated or can be shaken like a smoothie [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]

M.I.A.
05-10-2016, 07:07 PM
Pink tea.. Or kashmiri tea....

It's hard to make without adding artificial colour.

I have tried several times to no avail..

I never added artificial colour..

LaSorcia
05-10-2016, 07:14 PM
These are staples in my household, having a British husband lol. They are too strong for me though! But when I do have a cup, I prefer PG Tips. Smoother and softer, I think.
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~

LaSorcia
05-10-2016, 07:19 PM
My favourite teas right now are Paromi Coconut Almond and Harney and Sons Black Currant. Both are flavoured black teas. As for green, I have tried many from all over the world and the absolute best is Boseong Woo Jeon tea from S. Korea. Best brewed in water heated to 185 degrees, brewed for 5 minutes (I like it strong, but even strong, this tea is mellow) and drunk at 118 F. It is very hard to come by where I live, even online.

I used to LOVE Twinings pink grapefruit, mandarin and lime, but they discontinued it years ago. :facepalm: It was a tisane, not tea. Same with yerba mate, it's not actually tea (camellia sinensis), but it's interesting.

ReboundMuslimah
05-10-2016, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by s.ali123
I use that tea in Munich :D but in terms of taste Pakistani Tapal Danedaar is much better. Make it the way of it is made in South Asia.... ahan ahan! :D
Is the tea called P-tips or is that just a brand?

ReboundMuslimah
05-10-2016, 08:21 PM
I am about to go purchase some of these you guys suggested hopefully my store has them:)

s.ali123
05-10-2016, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
Is the tea called P-tips or is that just a brand?
PG tips is the brand name. From what I know this is the same brand through which tea was introduced by British into south asia, and made us addictive to it :D
But I would suggest that you go to some Pakistani or Indian store and buy Tapal Danedar brand. That is my personal favorite :P

noraina
05-10-2016, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Pink tea.. Or kashmiri tea....

It's hard to make without adding artificial colour.

I have tried several times to no avail..

I never added artificial colour..

My great-aunt is apparently famous for her pink tea, it is a nice colour but I find it smells and tastes like perfume.

I suppose you guys should try it out just to see, you might love it :). It's considered to be a delicacy and very tricky to make.

ConcealedGem
05-10-2016, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
My great-aunt is apparently famous for her pink tea, it is a nice colour but I find it smells and tastes like perfume.

I suppose you guys should try it out just to see, you might love it :). It's considered to be a delicacy and very tricky to make.

The way you described the tea reminds of rooh afza which I love especially in Ramadan... :)

strivingobserver98
05-10-2016, 09:56 PM
Anyone tried this?

Bangladeshi Tea :D.

ReboundMuslimah
05-11-2016, 03:15 AM
I couldn't find any of the those teas at my local store but inshallah I will try the international store tomorrow and hopefully they have it:)

I found this one at my local store today and it is sooooooo good[emoji39]

ReboundMuslimah
05-11-2016, 03:21 AM
Has anyone ever had hibiscus flower tea?

Hopes N Prayers
05-11-2016, 06:53 AM
I have been drinking this tea for a while now and all I could say is I love it. If your on a diet or trying to lose some weight I would totally recommend this tea [emoji7][emoji7]

I got this at a chines market near me but I am pretty sure you could get it online to

noraina
05-11-2016, 07:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ConcealedGem
The way you described the tea reminds of rooh afza which I love especially in Ramadan...
Oh yes, rooh afza, along with dates it is one of those things especially brought out for Ramadan in my house - it really gives you an energy boost, lol, I find it very sweet though (nothing my sweet tooth can't manage).

s.ali123
05-11-2016, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina

Kashmiri tea is amazing :D Usually we have that on marriage ceremonies in Pakistan :shade:

Umm Abed
05-11-2016, 07:50 AM
Is there any way of tasting tea through IB forum, like taste it on the forum? ^o)lol Id like to:D.

s.ali123
05-11-2016, 10:23 AM
Is there any way of tasting tea through IB forum, like taste it on the forum? ^o)lol Id like to:D.

You can try pink tea in digital format on IB :P

Umm Abed
05-11-2016, 11:01 AM
You can try pink tea in digital format on IB :P
Yumm, very nice :p,

never tasted pink tea before.

EgyptPrincess
05-11-2016, 11:19 AM
Moroccan tea is lovely in small amounts.

LaSorcia
05-11-2016, 11:52 AM
PG tips is the brand name. From what I know this is the same brand through which tea was introduced by British into south asia, and made us addictive to it :D
But I would suggest that you go to some Pakistani or Indian store and buy Tapal Danedar brand. That is my personal favorite :P
I found some on Amazon. Next time we get low on tea, I'm going to try it!

SHO
05-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Assalamu Alaikum.
I cant understand how the tea would be 'black' when there is milk in it.Just curious,Hahah!

sister herb
05-11-2016, 03:54 PM
Tea with sugar or honey or something else?

(Sorry if this is off topic but even it´s still something with tea.)

I prefer honey but sugar goes too.

ardianto
05-11-2016, 03:54 PM

To make your tea tastier, use clay tea set. :)

ardianto
05-11-2016, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Tea with sugar or honey or something else?

(Sorry if this is off topic but even it´s still something with tea.)

I prefer honey but sugar goes too.
Javanese people (my ethnic) love to drink "teh tubruk" with lump sugar. Teh tubruk (tubruk tea) is tea which the tea leaves put in the glass.

sister herb
05-11-2016, 04:56 PM
I also like rooibos tea (from South Africa).

Umm Abed
05-11-2016, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SHO
Assalamu Alaikum.
I cant understand how the tea would be 'black' when there is milk in it.Just curious,Hahah!
Wa alaikum salam,

Its black before you put the milk inside, some tea is green:D.

strivingobserver98
05-11-2016, 05:07 PM
Its black before you put the milk inside
My uncle calls it "Lal saa", translated from bengali which means "Red tea" :D.

Yep tea without milk and lots of sugar is nice too alhamdulilah.

Umm Abed
05-11-2016, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
My uncle calls it "Lal saa", translated from bengali which means "Red tea" :D.

Yep tea without milk and lots of sugar is nice too alhamdulilah.
Tea can be red too, thats right:)

I think tea without milk is an acquired taste.

Hopes N Prayers
05-11-2016, 06:11 PM
Who doesn't love Starbucks? My fav drink is the green tea latte and the caramel frappuccino. what is yours?

Bhabha
05-12-2016, 05:04 AM
Fraps.... So good I must have [emoji31]

_E_3
05-12-2016, 08:27 AM
do you know you can get chocolate tea ?:p
i drink earl grey and ginger and lemon tea :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.