/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Don’t judge me

Ali Hammuda
05-10-2016, 02:04 AM
Many a times, the behaviour of those who latch on to the “only Allah can judge me” line indicate that they've in fact completely forgotten that Allah *will* actually judge them. Thus, out of His infinite mercy towards you and I, he sends us advisers so that when we are finally "Judged" in the court of Allah, we do well..

“Islam is advice” (Prophet Mohammad PBUH)

Thus, if the definition of “being judged” has become about being given Islamic advice, then our slogan in life should be,

"Please keep judging me."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bhabha
05-10-2016, 02:11 AM
I think the "don't judge me" comes from the fact that we all have different situations and experiences and contexts on which we are all being individually judged by Allah as opposed to collectively judged by humanity.

For example, a convert who lives in her parent's home and there is music everywhere will not be judged for listening to the music her family is playing because she cannot randomly redirect her listening away from said music unless she moves out. If said person moves out to live by herself, some people will say "you cannot live by yourself", so what is the alternative marriage for the sake of moving out? I don't think so, lol.

strivingobserver98
05-10-2016, 11:01 AM
:jz:.

Reminds me of a quote by Mufti Menk: "Don't use the term “DON'T JUDGE ME” in order to run away from advice."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.