/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I know we can't eat pork... But

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 01:13 PM
Can we keep those cute little piggies that never get big as pets? They are so cute with their little piggy tails...

FYI I don't eat animals and I like all little animals.

Like this one

[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
EgyptPrincess
05-10-2016, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
Can we keep those cute little piggies that never get big as pets? They are so cute with their little piggy tails...

Like this one

Pictures of pigs are not allowed on the forum I don't think :o

pork is pork, regardless of how cute it is :P

sister herb
05-10-2016, 02:14 PM
You are not the first one who is thinking this matter:

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...ets-islam.html

lonewolf007
05-10-2016, 03:04 PM
Ok that's kinda cute lol, it's smiling bless :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
05-10-2016, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lonewolf007
Ok that's kinda cute lol, it's smiling bless :)
It won't be cute anymore in the future, when it rolls around in the mud for a living :D.

@Bhabha Why not get a pet cat instead? :). Look how cute this is: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/tntOCGkgt98/maxresdefault.jpg

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 03:12 PM
My piggy will be clean and will take showers all of the time ! [emoji39]

lonewolf007
05-10-2016, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
It won't be cute anymore in the future when it rolls around in the mud for a living :D.

@Bhabha Why not get a pet cat instead? :). Look how cute this is: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/tntOCGkgt98/maxresdefault.jpg

Lol I intentionally was trying not to think about that so not cool for bringing it up lol

but come on it's a baby piglet it's not gross or dirty yet, there's nothing wrong with thinking or admitting it's cute cuz it is :D

EgyptPrincess
05-10-2016, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
It won't be cute anymore in the future, when it rolls around in the mud for a living :D.

Cats are the cutest!

By the way those pigs do not grow to be full pigs like at a farm. Consider a micropig https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...d871ecda17.jpg it won't get much larger than a medium size dog.

But I agree with Farham. Cats all the way, even if they are secretly plotting to kill us behind our back ;D

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
Cats are the cutest!

By the way those pigs do not grow to be full pigs like at a farm. Consider a micropig https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...d871ecda17.jpg it won't get much larger than a medium size dog.

But I agree with Farham. Cats all the way, even if they are secretly plotting to kill us behind our back ;D
I want one like that !! I'll take him to class with me and I'll call him babe! [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji7]

lonewolf007
05-10-2016, 03:19 PM
Just putting it out there obviously I don't like pigs and i don't take interest in pig stuff I just found he pic cute and that's it really so no need to tell me stuff like pigs are haram in Islam etc cuz I know

jazakallah khair

Khalid Saifullah
05-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Hehe.

Pigs are filthy animals , even though they look cute. All parts of their body is najis (impure ).

Rather get a kitten. They much more cleaner and provide more entertainment.

noraina
05-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Yep, that baby little piglet was cute (for now though), I remember we was once walking past a farm where there were pigs and the smell was so awful it almost made me pass out (no exaggeration). Although lol @ the imagery of a pig taking a shower.

I much prefer kittens, or fish, or chicks...

Kiro
05-10-2016, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalid Saifullah
Hehe.

Pigs are filthy animals , even though they look cute. All parts of their body is najis (impure ).

Rather get a kitten. They much more cleaner and provide more entertainment.
what if you dress the kitten in a piglet suit ;D

abumuslim82
05-10-2016, 05:02 PM

Like this one

Salaam,

They cant be cute, they eat their own mess.

abumuslim82
05-10-2016, 05:05 PM
No I'm actually angered at this. :/

Where does it state we can give preference to one animal over another? If you see a thirsty pig, do you not give the pig water? If you see a hungry pig, do we not give the pig food?

Pork is haram to consume. But where does it state that pigs are themselves evil or haram to keep? If a pig needs a home or a shelter, do we not provide it?
No Islam doesn't allow you to ill treat animals, we not allowed to keep pigs or dogs as pets however.

Dogs can only be kept, according to some scholars, for security purposes. Guard dogs.

hisnameiszzz
05-10-2016, 05:12 PM
Little pigs or big ones. I am petrified of them.

Get a little teddy instead. I know teddies are haram too but unlike pets you will never mistreat them even if accidentally.

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 05:19 PM
I have a dog and when I have a larger house I plan to have all kinds of dogs. At one point I even had 27 dogs. So yes we can keep them, a dog as a companion acts all of the time as your guardian against people he does not like.

sister herb
05-10-2016, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abumuslim82
Salaam,

They cant be cute, they eat their own mess.
If an animal "eats it´s own mess", in the nature has usually some purpose to it. Like rabbits - they eat their own dropping to digest their food and extract sufficient nutrients. Well, of my mind rabbits are quite cute too. Same do also elephants, giant pandas, koalas and hippos. Among of the animals which more often are kept as pets, also hamsters, guinea pigs and chinchillas eat their own droppings.

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 05:33 PM
For some reason I thought we were not allowed to eat horses because they are precious? Maybe I am wrong [emoji28][emoji28][emoji24]

I don't eat animals so.. Wouldn't know exactly lol

Umm Abed
05-10-2016, 05:46 PM
For some reason I thought we were not allowed to eat horses because they are precious? Maybe I am wrong [emoji28][emoji28][emoji24]

I don't eat animals so.. Wouldn't know exactly lol
Sister, eating meat is halal.

Touching or keeping pigs or piglets is not permissible in Islam.

Best is to adhere to the teachings even though we may not understand it.

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Sister, eating meat is halal.

Touching or keeping pigs or piglets is not permissible in Islam.

Best is to adhere to the teachings even though we may not understand it.
I don't eat meat because I am a vegetarian :/

I want to know where it says we cannot touch or keep a pig in the Quran or in the Hadith. People tell me these things, but do not mention where they get this from and so it becomes an assumption... That has no origin and thus no validity in my mind.

Umm Abed
05-10-2016, 05:53 PM
I don't eat meat because I am a vegetarian :/

I want to know where it says we cannot touch or keep a pig in the Quran or in the Hadith. People tell me these things, but do not mention where they get this from and so it becomes an assumption... That has no origin and thus no validity in my mind.
Can I ask why are you vegetarian?

“He has forbidden you dead animals, and blood, and the swine, and that which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for other than Allah.” (Quran 2:173)

Other proofs are in the hadith.

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Can I ask why are you vegetarian?

“He has forbidden you dead animals, and blood, and the swine, and that which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for other than Allah.” (Quran 2:173)

Other proofs are in the hadith.
... This is talking about things to eat. Nothing to do with keeping or taking care of a pig. And I am a vegetarian because 1) I don't feel the need to eat animal and 2) because I feel sad for the animal and 3) I am satisfied with vegetables and I would rather consume vegetables and fruits than an animal.

It's like asking why someone prefers tea over coffee.

M.I.A.
05-10-2016, 05:58 PM
:/

...what ever. Where I live chicken, beef.. Horse are just as cheap as bacon..

So people that eat it must really really really like it.. Smells awful to me.

So, I can imagine..

I I once asked a man if he wanted a chicken burger and he asked me what it does..

So I don't judge anyone.

Umm Abed
05-10-2016, 05:58 PM
... This is talking about things to eat. Nothing to do with keeping or taking care of a pig. And I am a vegetarian because 1) I don't feel the need to eat animal and 2) because I feel sad for the animal and 3) I am satisfied with vegetables and I would rather consume vegetables and fruits than an animal.

It's like asking why someone prefers tea over coffee.
Everything of the pig is totally prohibited, its hair, skin, flesh, everything. There's no way you can cleanse it even if you had to bath it with soap and water.

Ok I asked because if its just a personal choice then its fine.

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 06:00 PM
Let's discuss the keeping of a pig here. Unless someone brings a Quran verse or a Hadith verse that discusses the keeping of an animal such as a pig without eating it is haram, then let's refrain from assumptions and implicitly from bidah regarding what is haram, halal or makrouh

MuslimInshallah
05-10-2016, 11:27 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Bhabha,

(smile) Thank you for raising this question, as it has caused me to spend an agreeable afternoon trying to find some answer to it.

There is no doubt that the flesh of pigs is considered with repugnance. In the Qur’an (6:145) it says:

Chapter (6) sūrat l-anʿām (The Cattle)

Asad
(translation and interpretation of meaning):
:
Say [O Prophet]: "In all that has been revealed unto me, I do not find anything forbidden to eat, if one wants to eat thereof,134 unless it be carrion, or blood poured forth, or the flesh of swine - for that, behold, is loathsome - or a sinful offering135 over which any name other than God's has been invoked. But if one is driven by necessity - neither coveting it nor exceeding his immediate need - then [know that], behold, thy Sustainer is much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace."136

http://www.alim.org/library/quran/ay...-of-live-stock

If you notice, there is an aside specifically about the flesh of swine. I looked at the original Arabic, to try to get a better sense of the subtleties of the words. The aside says: For truly, it is a rijs.

Reading through the entry for the root (r-j-s) of this word, as well as the particular word itself in Lane’s Arabic-English Lexicon http://www.tyndalearchive.com/tabs/lane/ , I find that the meaning is something like: something which is disliked because of it uncleanliness. It can also mean something that is a sin, or an action that can lead to punishment. Or something that is unlawful, forbidden.

Whichever shade of meaning you take, there is something particular about pig flesh, that is even more objectionable that other categories of forbidden things to eat.

Does this mean that pigs themselves are unclean and somehow bad? Personally, I don’t think so. They are Allah’s creation. But we humans are definitely being told that there is something particular about pigs in as far as we ourselves are concerned.

I liken this to the fruit of a particular tree that Adam AS and his spouse were specifically Instructed not to eat; there was nothing special about this tree, except that God had specifically said not to eat it. Why? As a test, and as a proof of humanity’s free will.

It seems to me that Allah is Saying very clearly: pigs are a special category: stay away.

Why? (smile) This is where interpretation comes in. But whatever the reason for the interdiction, the interdiction is clear: no eating pigs.

(smile) But you might be wondering: ok, so no eating pigs. I wouldn’t want to eat my pet, anyway!

To seek further clarification, I had a little search in the ahadith, and found:

Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah:I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), in the year of the Conquest of Mecca, saying, "Allah and His Apostle made illegal the trade of alcohol, dead animals, pigs and idols." The people asked, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! What about the fat of dead animals, for it was used for greasing the boats and the hides; and people use it for lights?" He said, "No, it is illegal." Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) further said, "May Allah curse the Jews, for Allah made the fat (of animals) illegal for them, yet they melted the fat and sold it and ate its price."

حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ، حَدَّثَنَا اللَّيْثُ، عَنْ يَزِيدَ بْنِ أَبِي حَبِيبٍ، عَنْ عَطَاءِ بْنِ أَبِي رَبَاحٍ، عَنْ جَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ عَامَ الْفَتْحِ، وَهُوَ بِمَكَّةَ " إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ حَرَّمَ بَيْعَ الْخَمْرِ وَالْمَيْتَةِ وَالْخِنْزِيرِ وَالأَصْنَامِ ". فَقِيلَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ، أَرَأَيْتَ شُحُومَ الْمَيْتَةِ فَإِنَّهَا يُطْلَى بِهَا السُّفُنُ، وَيُدْهَنُ بِهَا الْجُلُودُ، وَيَسْتَصْبِحُ بِهَا النَّاسُ. فَقَالَ " لاَ، هُوَ حَرَامٌ ". ثُمَّ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عِنْدَ ذَلِكَ " قَاتَلَ اللَّهُ الْيَهُودَ، إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَمَّا حَرَّمَ شُحُومَهَا جَمَلُوهُ ثُمَّ بَاعُوهُ فَأَكَلُوا ثَمَنَهُ ". قَالَ أَبُو عَاصِمٍ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْحَمِيدِ، حَدَّثَنَا يَزِيدُ، كَتَبَ إِلَىَّ عَطَاءٌ سَمِعْتُ جَابِرًا ـ رضى الله عنه ـ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم.

Reference
: Sahih al-Bukhari 2236
In-book reference
: Book 34, Hadith 182
USC-MSA web (English) reference
: Vol. 3, Book 34, Hadith 438
(deprecated numbering scheme)

http://sunnah.com/bukhari/34/182

There are quite a few versions of this hadith, with slight variations in wording, but the meaning is the same: even trading in pigs is not permitted. The trade in pigs is also put in the same category as the trade in alcohol, and concerning this, the ahadith are very clear: not only is the consumer of alcohol at fault, but so is anyone who is involved in the transaction in any way.

As the great sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi stated in his book for lay people The Lawful and the Prohibited in Islam:

Trading in Alcohol

The Prophet (peace be on him) did not stop at prohibiting the drinking of alcohol, whether much or little, but he also forbade any trading in it, even with non- Muslims. It is not permissible for a Muslim to import or export alcoholic beverages, or to own or work in a place which sells them. In connection with alcohol, the Prophet (peace be on him) cursed ten categories of people saying: Truly, Allah has cursed khamr and has cursed the one who produces it, the one for whom it is produced, the one who drinks it, the one who serves it, the one who carries it, the one for whom it is carried, the one who sells it, the one who earns from the sale of it, the one who buys it, and the one for whom it is bought. (Reported by al-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah, on reliable authority. )
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~dcare/pdfs/yusuf.pdf

Owning a pig, it therefore seems to me, is not something that a Muslim should do.

(smile) Nevertheless, should we mistreat pigs? I found the following hadith in Malik’s Muwatta:

Malik related to me from Yahya ibn Said that Isa ibn Maryam encountered a pig on the road. He said to it, "Go in peace." Somebody asked, "Do you say this to a pig?" Isa said, "I fear lest I accustom my tongue to evil speech."

وَحَدَّثَنِي مَالِكٌ، عَنْ يَحْيَى بْنِ سَعِيدٍ، أَنَّ عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ، لَقِيَ خِنْزِيرًا بِالطَّرِيقِ فَقَالَ لَهُ انْفُذْ بِسَلاَمٍ . فَقِيلَ لَهُ تَقُولُ هَذَا لِخِنْزِيرٍ فَقَالَ عِيسَى إِنِّي أَخَافُ أَنْ أُعَوِّدَ لِسَانِي النُّطْقَ بِالسُّوءِ .

USC-MSA web (English) reference
: Book 56, Hadith 4
Arabic reference
: Book 56, Hadith 1817

http://sunnah.com/urn/418710

This hadith is not directly referencing the Prophet SAWS. But it is showing the attitude and understanding of the people of Medina in the couple of centuries after the Prophet’s SAWS passing. Whatever one’s feelings about pigs, one must behave well towards them. For to do otherwise opens the door to bad behaviour.

I know this is a disappointment for you Bhabha. (smile) But you can still love pigs, and enjoy their cuteness. It is just, to the best of my understanding, that we are not supposed to have much in the way of interactions with them.

The only possible exception that I would mention for owning a pig (for possible future readers), might be if a person had a pig as a pet from before becoming a Muslim. It would be cruel to just release it into the wild (and if it survived, it could become dangerous). I would suggest (and this is my own opinion only) that it might be possible to give the pig away to a kind home, or, in the case of an elderly pig, keep it until it passes away naturally. I suggest this because in the time of Revelation, actions and behaviours were modified gradually. So for instance, alcohol was first warned against, then Muslims were exhorted not to come to prayer while drunk, before it was finally banned outright. A new Muslim has much on their plate.

I also found the following (Hanafi) fatwa that I thought pointed possibly in this direction, though please take note of the part I highlighted in red: you should try to find a person of knowledge who could assess your particular situation.

Can I Use Paintbrushes Made of Pig Hair?

JUNE 26, 2015 BY SEEKERSHUB ANSWERS SERVICE
Simple Share Buttons Adder (6.1.5) simplesharebuttons.com
Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam

Question: Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu,

Years ago, I didn’t know paintbrushes were mostly made of pig hair. We painted the wood and all the doors in our house. Now I worry that the brushes were made from pig hair, so impurity is transferred to the doors etc. so when I touch the doors, I end up washing my hands.

1. Should I try to find out if the brushes we used were made of pig hair?
2. If I do find out they were made of pig hair, what should I do?
3. Would this have effect on my prayers?

Answer: Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I pray that you are in the best of health and faith, insha’Allah.

No, you cannot use paintbrushes made of pig hair or boar bristles. This is the relied upon position in the Hanafi school as the pig is deemed to be essentially filthy (najis al-`ayn).

Allah Most Mighty and Majestic says, “[Prophet], say, ‘In all that has been revealed to me, I find nothing forbidden for people to eat, except for carrion, flowing blood, pig’s meat– it is loathsome…’ ” [6.145]

The exegetes explain that even though the meat is specifically mentioned, in view of its being the most important part of the animal to the disbelievers, what is intended is the entire animal. [Sawi, Hashiyat Jalalayn; Jamal, al-Futuhat al-Ilahiyya]

The Dispensation
However, there is another position in the school which permits the use of such paintbrushes in cases of need or hardship, or in the case of a lack of suitable alternatives. Note that this judgement would need to be made by qualified scholars.

As such, and in your particular scenario, you don’t have to worry about the walls which were painted using such brushes, and you can take this dispensation for your past practice.

Moreover, there is no filth transfer to be concerned about as the walls are considered to be legally pure as long as the traces of filth are no longer manifest.
[Zayla`i, Tabyin al-Haqa’iq; ShaykhiZada, Majma` al-Anhur; Ibn `Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar `ala al-Durr al-Mukhtar]

Please also see: Is It Permissible to Use Brushes that Are Made of Animal Hair Other than Pig?

And Allah alone gives success.

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2015/...e-of-pig-hair/

(gently) I hope this may be of help to you Bhabha. Remember, only Allah truly Knows, and we are all responsible for the choices we make. So we should make them carefully, after much prayer and thought, listening to our hearts.

May Allah, the Repeatedly Forgiving, Comfort and Strengthen us when we have difficult choices to make.

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 11:50 PM
Thank you sister :)

abumuslim82
05-11-2016, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
If an animal "eats it´s own mess", in the nature has usually some purpose to it. Like rabbits - they eat their own dropping to digest their food and extract sufficient nutrients. Well, of my mind rabbits are quite cute too. Same do also elephants, giant pandas, koalas and hippos. Among of the animals which more often are kept as pets, also hamsters, guinea pigs and chinchillas eat their own droppings.
Imagine eating ur own poo poo, that's grose

crimsontide06
05-11-2016, 12:57 PM
Sadly, this is something that will push non-Muslims away from ever learning about Islam. Here, dogs are considered, family...mans best friend..

People would manipulate the ruling into "Muslims hate dogs..." or something like that

No Islam doesn't allow you to ill treat animals, we not allowed to keep pigs or dogs as pets however.

Dogs can only be kept, according to some scholars, for security purposes. Guard dogs.

sister herb
05-11-2016, 01:40 PM
Imagine eating ur own poo poo, that's grose
No thanks, I don´t at least imagine that but I can understand that there are some natural reasons why some animals do it. Like elephants, guinean pigs (no, they are not pigs), koalas etc.

Kiro
05-11-2016, 01:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
what if you dress the kitten in a piglet suit ;D
hey, this was a good post

where are the likes??

u get best of both worlds

noraina
05-11-2016, 01:57 PM
About the paintbrushes which sis @MuslimInshallah posted about, I remember quite a few of my paintbrushes were made of pig hair (I didn't know :cry:!) and thank goodness I hadn't really painted calligraphy properly by then although I had painted several mosques.

To say the least I was horrified and I make a point of buying synthetic brushes now. People say they aren't as good quality but with a little hair conditioner they are perrrrrrfect. I didn't see why I should throw the actual paintings away, so I still keep them (I'm sure that's not wrong).

And yes, as is shown in the story of the woman who gave the dog some water with her shoe, Allah (swt) rewards every act of kindness to every living creature, indeed even dogs or pigs. To treat them cruelly or 'hate' them would not make the least bit of sense. They are not cursed creatures, Allah (swt) has created them and He has also forbidden us from consuming their meat or keeping them in close contact with us for our own benefit and both spiritual and physical cleanliness, and perhaps others reasons known best to Him. :)

Keep chickens sis @Bhabha ;), lol.

MuslimInshallah
05-11-2016, 04:29 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

After coming across various, and even heated, discussions about pictures of pigs and dogs, it seems to me that there is a bit of a cultural divide here.

Some people have a great repugnance for seeing pigs and dogs. (smile) Rather like the one I have for seeing giant insects… crawling up my leg! And they mistakenly believe that this repugnance is a natural and normal feeling that all decent people have. Or they believe that people who say they like these animals and then post pictures of them, are doing it because they want to provoke them.

However, in many European societies (and those related to them in the Americas), pigs and dogs are not seen as repugnant. On the contrary, they are seen as beautiful and cute. Many children’s stories and toys feature these creatures, usually in very positive roles. It is therefore not surprising that people from such societies could very innocently and with good intentions, express their love for these animals?

And is it wrong to love these creatures- who are Muslim by nature- Created by God according to His purposes?

(mildly) When we are considering our brothers and sisters in Islam, we are supposed to try to see the good in them, and find reasons to see their actions in a positive light. This, I believe, should be particularly true of our newer siblings-in-faith.

May Allah, the Forbearing, have Mercy on all those who seek to Please Him.

abumuslim82
05-11-2016, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
Sadly, this is something that will push non-Muslims away from ever learning about Islam. Here, dogs are considered, family...mans best friend..

People would manipulate the ruling into "Muslims hate dogs..." or something like that
Don't worry about what the kuffaar say, they'll always have sumfin to say.

We do not modify Islam, for wateva purposes, dawah, etc.

Speak the truth coz ALLAH gives hidayat

abumuslim82
05-11-2016, 05:30 PM
No thanks, I don´t at least imagine that but I can understand that there are some natural reasons why some animals do it. Like elephants, guinean pigs (no, they are not pigs), koalas etc.
Yip, just don't keep pigs as pets

sister herb
05-11-2016, 05:44 PM
Yip, just don't keep pigs as pets
I am not going to keep pigs as pets - nor elephants.

~ Sabr ~
05-11-2016, 05:48 PM
Keeping a pet pig
Fatwa Date : Jumaadaa Al-Oula 30, 1430 / 25-5-2009

Question
Asalaamu Alaikum, A sister is asking: Is it permissible to own a pet pig? We own a pet tea cup pig, we use her dropping for the garden and it really helps it grow. We dont pick her up and kiss and hug her, But she is a pet and we talk and play with her. Jazak Allah khair.

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad

is His slave and Messenger.

It is not permissible to keep a pig because it is an animal that is impure in itself, Allaah Says when mentioning the forbidden matters (what means): {…or the flesh of swine (pork, etc.) for that surely is impure.}[Quran 6:145] The view that the pig is impure in itself is a matter of consensus among the scholars

. The fact that the pig is small or that it is a pet animal is not a sound reason for keeping it, so you should get rid of it by killing it.

The Prophet

said: "(I swear) By him in Whose Hands my soul is, the son of Mary (Jesus) will shortly descend amongst you people (Muslims) as a just ruler and will break the Cross and kill the pig and abolish the Jizyah (a tax taken from the non-Muslims who are in the protection of the Muslim government).” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]
An-Nawawi

said:

This narration is evidence for the chosen opinion of our School of jurisprudence which is the view of the majority of the scholars

that if we find a pig in non-Muslim countries or any other country, and we are able to kill it, then we should kill it, and the view that it [the pig] should be left if it does not cause harm is rejected.

Since you know that you are obliged to kill the pig, then there is no point in discussing the issue of (benefiting from) its droppings.
Allaah Knows best.

Source

abumuslim82
05-11-2016, 06:36 PM
I am not going to keep pigs as pets - nor elephants.
MashaALLAH

sister herb
05-11-2016, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by :: Desire ::
Since you know that you are obliged to kill the pig, then there is no point in discussing the issue of (benefiting from) its droppings.
Now this: "...you are obliged to kill the pig..."

Is this Islamic way to solve the problem? Kill it? What if give it to some non-Muslim (who also might like to keep it as a pet)? Does this fatwa means that just owning the pig is forbidden - but does it also means that the pig can´t to be alive and continue it´s life in somewhere else.

abumuslim82
05-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Now this: "...you are obliged to kill the pig..."

Is this Islamic way to solve the problem? Kill it? What if give it to some non-Muslim (who also might like to keep it as a pet)? Does this fatwa means that just owning the pig is forbidden - but does it also means that the pig can´t to be alive and continue it´s life in somewhere else.
Sister and everyone else, i think these people started this thread to let us Muslims discuss things like pigs for pets, instead of seeing what's happening in the real world, the oppresion of the ummah.

Bhabha
05-12-2016, 05:03 AM
Sister and everyone else, i think these people started this thread to let us Muslims discuss things like pigs for pets, instead of seeing what's happening in the real world, the oppresion of the ummah.
You mean the oppression of the Ummah since the 1400s? Nothing new. Same thing and why? Because the Ummah is split internally.

noraina
05-12-2016, 05:27 AM
We shouldn't point out someone's lack of knowledge in a particular subject bro, just yesterday I learnt something new which perhaps other Muslims would have known since they were young children. That is why I come to this forum, to learn about Islam.

And for many, including myself, the issue of a keeping a pig wasn't entirely black and white. I knew the consumption of pork was haraam, but alhamdulillah this thread has also clarified the position of keeping a pig in Islam and most importantly with reasons and sources. So it's served its purpose, no?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.