/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Be careful who you trust, for even the devil was once an angel.

EgyptPrincess
05-10-2016, 02:16 PM
Can someone please explain why Iblis went against god's command? Angels are perfect creations right? How is it that Iblis went against Allah and turned into such a monster?

I know he was told to bow to Adam but refused because he said I am made of smoke and he is made of clay. He saw himself as superior but my question is why would he disagree? I didn't think angels had the ability to disagree with Allah?

The angels are honoured slaves and do not disobey Allah in what He commands them to do; they do whatever they are commanded. Allah created them and made their innate nature one of obedience and worship of Him. Some angels are appointed in charge of the revelation, some in charge of provision, some in charge of the mountains and some are created to worship, pray, and glorify and remember Allah.
Source: https://islamqa.info/en/177709

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
05-10-2016, 02:17 PM
Iblis is not an angel. He is a "jinn" and has freewill.

EgyptPrincess
05-10-2016, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Iblis is not an angel. He is a "jinn" and has freewill.
Wait... So Iblis was never an angel? I thought he was created an angel, like all the rest, but he decided to go against Allah.

So how many other jinn did Allah create? Whenever we talk about hell it's never plural.

Hell
Shaytan
Devil
Iblis
Jinn

There is no plural there. Or is there more than one shaytan?

Serinity
05-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Iblees is not an angel, he is a Jinn who was pious once, and got amongst the ranks of the Angels. No Angel can disobey Allah SWT. But Jinn and mankind can.

A shaytaan is a Jinn, there are shayateen amongst both Jinnkind and mankind.

How many Jinns did Allah SWT create? Allah SWT knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
EgyptPrincess
05-10-2016, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Iblees is not an angel, he is a Jinn who was pious once, and got amongst the ranks of the Angels. No Angel can disobey Allah SWT. But Jinn and mankind can.

A shaytaan is a Jinn, there are shayateen amongst both Jinnkind and mankind.

How many Jinns did Allah SWT create? Allah SWT knows best.
Yes I just read from angels are created from light and Iblis was not, therefore he cannot be an angel.

I should take a little more time to search before making a thread :D

Serinity
05-10-2016, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
Yes I just read from angels are created from light and Iblis was not, therefore he cannot be an angel.

I should take a little more time to search before making a thread :D
Don't worry, at least you learnt something. :)

May Allah SWT increase you in knowledge, and love for Him SWT. Ameen.

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 03:15 PM
I did not know this either [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji31]

Thank you for making it !

M.I.A.
05-10-2016, 03:17 PM
Yep I googled it,

Quran 18:50

And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam," and they prostrated, except for Iblees. He was of the jinn and departed from the command of his Lord. Then will you take him and his descendants as allies other than Me while they are enemies to you? Wretched it is for the wrongdoers as an exchange.

Alpha Dude
05-10-2016, 03:38 PM
So how many other jinn did Allah create? Whenever we talk about hell it's never plural.

Hell
Shaytan
Devil
Iblis
Jinn

I don't understand what you're asking. But:

"Shaytan" refers to someone that is pre-disposed to evil
So by that definition, Iblis is a Shaytan
Devil is an English word that is synonymous with Shaytan
Jinn is the race of beings that Iblis belongs to

Before Allah created Adam (pbuh), there were jinn roaming this planet. There were evil jinn among them who were making trouble so Allah sent Iblis to take care of them.

Iblis has children and descendants that are alive till this day.

He was punished due to his arrogance in not bowing to Adam but has been granted respite till the day of judgement when he will be thrown forever into hell.

Till then, he has taken it upon himself to misguide people from the race of Adam.

s.ali123
05-10-2016, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
Wait... So Iblis was never an angel? I thought he was created an angel, like all the rest, but he decided to go against Allah.

Hell
Shaytan
Devil
Iblis
Jinn

This is an amazing lecture on the same topic about the purpose of creating Adam A.S. and the story of his creation.
Dr. Jaffery Lang was an athiest before comong to Islam. The lecture also includes his own story. But really is one of the best lectures and explanation I heard on the topic so far. Its a long lecture, but you will love it alot.
https://youtu.be/ifllgTA2pmY

Misbah0411
05-10-2016, 09:09 PM
Jinns are made of the smokeless flame of fire and the Angels from light. The Jinn can see us in this world and we can't see them but it will be the opposite in Paradise. Also, certain animals can see them like dogs and donkeys. The Prophet said: "If you hear the bark of dogs or the braying of donkeys during the night, seek refuge in Allah from Satan, as they see what you do not see." (Musnad Ahmad and Sunan Abu Dawood)

lonewolf007
05-10-2016, 10:10 PM
You can't trust anyone in this day and age, back in the day ppl knew the meaning of trust and valued it

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.