05-11-2016, 10:15 PM
@Eric H

agree?? ^o)

ardianto
05-11-2016, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
@Eric H

agree?? ^o)
I disagree. There's no kneel down in salah.

Actually, if we notice Japanese people, we can see that they put off their shoes when entering the house, bowing to respect someone, and they sit like position of sitting between two sujood. So, with the logic like that we can say that salah found in Japanese culture.

greenhill
05-12-2016, 12:14 AM
Similar descriptions are also found in the Quran, no?

It is from one of the Books sent down by Allah s.w.t. so we could infer that logic (in my opinion) whereas the Japanese is just a cultural practice and no basis to claim that salah is found there.

After all, from the videos shown here in the past, the Jews also pray similar to what we do (I am no expert in what they do) but it seems that the 'chain' is broken with Christianity not doing the salah..

It would makes sense that the Book would in some respects make reference on salah..

I repeat, it would make sense.

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
goodwill
05-13-2016, 10:05 PM
Not to pre-empt Eric H, but I see what you're trying to do. However, that’s an arbitrary sequence of verses, selected without regard to context. For example, the removal shoes was only necessary in certain cases, and those particular ablutions were required of priests in the Temple but not of the general public. The Bible also speaks of washing the whole body, and some Christians today baptize by full immersion. In addition, the Bible speaks of lifting up one’s eyes, lifting up holy hands, praying inaudibly, incense as symbolic of prayer, and praising God with singing, musical instruments, and even dancing. More important than the outward posture are the content of the prayer and the attitude of the heart. For example, the Lord Jesus teaches us to address God as our heavenly Father and to forgive others before asking forgiveness for ourselves.

Scimitar
06-08-2016, 12:12 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...d-muslims.html

It's all there

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.