/* */

PDA

View Full Version : which is best hijab for sister??

BilalKid
05-10-2016, 03:32 PM
vote :shade:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
EgyptPrincess
05-10-2016, 03:33 PM
Number 1. Number 2 at an absolutely push.

Sister101
05-10-2016, 03:36 PM
Number 1, and I think 2 as well, aren't wearing hijab. They are wearing the khimar, and wearing it incorrectly. I think number 4 or 5 is best. WAllahu 'Alim.

Is it allowed to post pictures of women who aren't covered properly?

Serinity
05-10-2016, 03:36 PM
:salam:

Number 1, definitely no. Number 2 is questionable, perhaps yes. Number 4 and 5 is best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
05-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Number 1 is my style - but I also cover my hairs with smaller scarf.

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 05:21 PM
I have a mix of the styles. Like underneath I wear the ninja headscarf and on top I wear a looser kind of headscarf.

Hopes N Prayers
05-10-2016, 06:08 PM
#1 not hijab at all it does not cover the way it is suppose to.

#2 it covers only the head and neck but it still isn't hijab

#3 It covers the whole body head to toe (mashallah) but it isn't hijab because it shows the outline of the body

#4 Mashallah This is considered hijab

#5 Mashallah This is considered hijab

None of these are really my style tho i wear a jilbab with its matching abaya or a plain black abaya sometimes

*patient-light*
05-10-2016, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hopes N Prayers
#1 not hijab at all it does not cover the way it is suppose to.

#2 it covers only the head and neck but it still isn't hijab

#3 It covers the whole body head to toe (mashallah) but it isn't hijab because it shows the outline of the body

#4 Mashallah This is considered hijab

#5 Mashallah This is considered hijab

None of these are really my style tho i wear a jilbab with its matching abaya or a plain black abaya sometimes
If number 3 shows the outline of the body so doea number 4 .The onlt difference is the face is covered for number 4.Number is okay as well .

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 06:26 PM
If you do not want to show the outline of your body at all. Wear a giant bubble underneath the abaya.

Wind my friends will kill any kind of modesty you want to preserve. Specially for the ladies with the curves, try telling the wind to stop lol

sister herb
05-10-2016, 06:34 PM
^ Or then better to stay away from the windy places - like at home. But there we don´t need hijabs at all (with our family).

Bhabha
05-10-2016, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
^ Or then better to stay away from the windy places - like at home. But there we don´t need hijabs at all (with our family).
There are metallic kind of structures that were out underneath dresses a long long time ago to prevent the misfortunes of the windy days. [emoji39]

sister herb
05-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Like a hoop skirt?

A hoop skirt or hoopskirt is a women's undergarment worn in various periods to hold the skirt extended into a fashionable shape. Its Tudor name was a 'farthingale'.

It originated as a modest-sized mechanism for holding long skirts away from one's legs, to stay cooler in hot climates and to keep from tripping on the skirt during various activities. Small hoops might be worn by farmers and while working in the garden. Hoops were then adopted as a fashion item, and the size and scale of the hoops grew in grandeur.
Source: wikipedia

Sounds too difficult.

zahrasandher
05-10-2016, 06:49 PM
I think you are misundetstanding.....its satire

zahrasandher
05-10-2016, 06:51 PM
re the above comment of wearing a bubble...sorry new to this forum

BilalKid
05-10-2016, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zahrasandher
I think you are misundetstanding.....its satire
for wich number?? ^o)

noraina
05-10-2016, 09:40 PM
Just wanted to say, no matter how loose the abaya or scarf, clothes are such they will settle on, for example, your shoulders, and may show your outline just a little. This not because they are tight-fitting, it is just the way they fall with the laws of gravity.

format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
Wind my friends will kill any kind of modesty you want to preserve.
This is a nightmare for every sister, even thin ones. For the hijabi, wind is *the* enemy, lol.

That is why with skirts and abayas I need the added security of a pair of trousers underneath - not worth risking any unexpected gusts of wind.

Hopes N Prayers
05-10-2016, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
Wind my friends will kill any kind of modesty you want to preserve. Specially for the ladies with the curves, try telling the wind to stop lol
Me and my friends call it "Fitnah Wind";D

greenhill
05-12-2016, 12:23 AM
This is a sensitive topic.

1 is not right, 4&5 are a bit too much for me. 2 or 3 is good.

I have not seen anywhere that tells women to cover their face.

:peace:

Marina-Aisha
05-12-2016, 12:08 PM
jilbab is what i wear thinks bare minimum i think which number three, but 4 and five are best :)

Kiro
05-13-2016, 08:05 AM
#5 reminds me of a knight or sword fighting uniform for like kendo

~ Sabr ~
05-13-2016, 01:04 PM
:salamext:

I wear mine like number 2.

sister herb
05-13-2016, 01:31 PM
I see it´s good we have many varieties, not only one style for everybody. In my city, Muslims are from many different countries and cultures and sisters use also very different kind of hijabs and other Islamic clothes. Specially some sisters from African countries have the most colorful hijabs comparing some from the Middle East, whose prefer black or white.

As many sister have gave me hijabs, you can only imagine what kind of mix of cultures my wardrobe looks like. :p

ukmuslimah
05-31-2016, 01:50 PM
3, 4 and 5.

5 is the ultimate embodiment of what Hijaab is.

1 and 2 are not Hijaab. It's cultural clothing.

Delphi
06-07-2016, 07:19 PM
I will go with 1 or 2 . They are both reasonable, moderate, cultural/religious clothing that do not invoke images of women's subjugation/patriarchy, but instead someone simply and freely following a religion because they want to and it means something to them.

muslimah_B
06-07-2016, 07:33 PM
1. Cannot be considerd hijab at all... the hair neck chest and ears MUST be coverd, plus loose fitting clothing not showing any figure at all.

2. Is the bare minimum and is fine. Cant see the rest to say if its 100% allowed...
But if sisters are wearing hijab this is how it has to be worn, providing the scarf comes down and covers your chest area and the rest of the clothing is loose fitting and NOT trousers

3. Is perfectly fine Alhamdulilah

4. Is perfect Alhamdulilah (my favourite)

5. Is the BEST way to cover completely (obviously very high emaan to wear this in the west, whoever does... WOW !!)

'Abd-al Latif
06-07-2016, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Delphi
I will go with 1 or 2 . They are both reasonable, moderate, cultural/religious clothing that do not invoke images of women's subjugation/patriarchy, but instead someone simply and freely following a religion because they want to and it means something to them.
Are there really no sisters here who will respond to this nonsense?

Bhabha
06-07-2016, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Are there really no sisters here who will respond to this nonsense?
If it's nonsense why respond to it? [emoji39]

muslimah_B
06-07-2016, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Delphi
Muslim women cover because Allah commanded the believing women to cover their beauty as a protection from envy, jelousy, men etc etc
Covering is a form of worship to Allah so those who are believing women do this, many women feel empowered by covering as this forces people to get to know their personality and character instead of basing their judgement on their looks. It forces people to not make assumptions or judgments based on looks and totally destorys the western idea of how or what a woman should be.

Culture and religion are two entirely seperate things, and sometimes are confused.. eg
Picture 1 is cultural NOT religious at all, none of the conditions for hijab are met, therefore cannot be called hijab it is just a scarf on her head.

Number 3 4 5 are can be called religious and are the BEST way to cover (number 5 being the ultimate covering)

Allah tells us to pray, so we pray
Allah tells us to fast, so we fast
Allah tells both men and women to cover certain areas and lower their gazes, so we do that,
Etc etc etc

we do that because we love and fear Allah, and whatever Allah commands us to do we obey because we know Allah knows whats best for us and benificial to our lives and our souls.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.