/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can miswaak be done by branch of any tree?

Khalid Saifullah
05-11-2016, 09:42 AM
Q: Can miswaak (brushing teeth with a twig) be done by branch of any tree?

A: All types of tree twigs may be used for Miswaak with the exception of:

a) the pomegranate tree,

b) the basil plant, it can cause leprosy,

c) the myrtle tree, it can also cause leprosy. It, too, should not be used as a toothpick.

Preferably, twigs from a bitter tree should be used, for, it (wood from a bitter tree) cleanses the mouth and strengthens the teeth and stomach. Ensure that it is not harmful or poisonous.

The best Miswaak is from the olive tree. Sayyidina Mu'aadh radhiallahu anhu narrates the following Hadeeth from Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam: "The best Miswaak is from the olive tree, a blessed tree. It cleans the mouth and it is my Miswaak and the Miswaak of the Ambiyaa before me." (As Si'aayah).

It also Mustahabb to use dry twigs from the plant called Salvadora Persica, Araak in Arabic and called Peelu in Urdu, which has been soaked in water and become soft. Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam and the Sahaabah used Miswaak from this tree.

AND ALLÂH TA’ALA KNOW BEST

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
05-11-2016, 09:48 AM
Assalamu alaykum

Once in a shop I saw miswak toothpaste, like in a tube the way other toothpastes are, I was wondering if you could use it?

Khalid Saifullah
05-11-2016, 10:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Assalamu alaykum

Once in a shop I saw miswak toothpaste, like in a tube the way other toothpastes are, I was wondering if you could use it?
Miswaak toothpaste is certainly allowed . But not as a substitute to the Miswaak itself. Original is original.

crimsontide06
05-11-2016, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalid Saifullah
Q: Can miswaak (brushing teeth with a twig) be done by branch of any tree?

A: All types of tree twigs may be used for Miswaak with the exception of:

a) the pomegranate tree,

b) the basil plant, it can cause leprosy,

c) the myrtle tree, it can also cause leprosy. It, too, should not be used as a toothpick.

Preferably, twigs from a bitter tree should be used, for, it (wood from a bitter tree) cleanses the mouth and strengthens the teeth and stomach. Ensure that it is not harmful or poisonous.

The best Miswaak is from the olive tree. Sayyidina Mu'aadh radhiallahu anhu narrates the following Hadeeth from Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam: "The best Miswaak is from the olive tree, a blessed tree. It cleans the mouth and it is my Miswaak and the Miswaak of the Ambiyaa before me." (As Si'aayah).

It also Mustahabb to use dry twigs from the plant called Salvadora Persica, Araak in Arabic and called Peelu in Urdu, which has been soaked in water and become soft. Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam and the Sahaabah used Miswaak from this tree.

AND ALLÂH TA’ALA KNOW BEST

Where is your source for B and C? I googled and found a source that said to chew the leaves of basil plant to...cure symptoms of leprosy..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khalid Saifullah
05-11-2016, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
Where is your source for B and C? I googled and found a source that said to chew the leaves of basil plant to...cure symptoms of leprosy..
Agreed .... my source is weak for this. Try to ignore it for now.

Shukran for bringing it to my attention

Khalid Saifullah
05-12-2016, 01:34 AM
http://www.askmufti.co.za/

Pls check that link .. The original author of the article is there. He may have the answers - insha Allâh

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.