/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need sincere advice!

anonymous
05-11-2016, 09:53 AM
"There is a brother who follows firmly Qur'an & Sunnah, he got a marriage proposal from a family who belongs to a certain sect. Their daughter is religious, observes niqab and she possess all what a pious man looks for... but the brother is confused what should he do... he is concerned about differences and upbringing of future kids.."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah0411
05-11-2016, 09:56 AM
What sect is it?

Khalid Saifullah
05-11-2016, 10:53 AM
Which sect is this girl from .... Pls be more specific

anonymous
05-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Different maddhabs

Like 4 common in Islam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
05-11-2016, 01:44 PM
Surely that shouldn't be too much of an issue, I thought the four Sunni madhabs are all authentic and differ only in small details? Is there something he specifically disagrees about it?

I would assume that if she is a pious and righteous woman the most important traits would be sound deen, iman and good character. And it seems neither girl nor her family mind that he is from a different madhab?

Allah (swt) knows best.

ardianto
05-11-2016, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Different maddhabs

Like 4 common in Islam
:sl:

I don't see any problem with it. Marriage between two people from different madhab is normal in my place.

If that brother feel matched with that sister, just marry her. But I suggest the husband to not force the wife to follow his madhab, unless the wife is willing sincerely, like my sister who married a man from different madhab.

Misbah0411
05-12-2016, 10:14 AM
There should be no issue with marrying someone that follows a different school within Ahlus Sunnah wa Jammah. Some people take this too far and are too rigid in their allegiance to their school of thought which only causes more division and animosity. May Allah protects us from that.

Ridwaan Ravat
05-14-2016, 05:14 PM
Assalamualykum.

Whilst external endearing to the sharia is of paramount importance, equally important is our beliefs and aqeedah.

Therefore one can not marry and choose a partner based on what is apparent, the beliefs are equally and at times more important. A person can be outwardly dressed as Muslims but due to their beliefs out of the fold of Islam.

If it is somebody of a different madhab from amongst the four accepted madhabs; hanafi, shafi'e, maliki and hanbali, then it will be acceptable.

Kindly consult with your scholars prior to making any decisions.

Jazakallah khair

Request duaas

Serinity
05-14-2016, 07:23 PM
:salam:

What do you do when you are going to pray together? Which way? Or are you going to pray, each your own Madhab's way (derived from hadith, etc. Ofc) ?

What about when you and your wife/husband do pray together?

And Allah SWT knows best.

ardianto
05-15-2016, 01:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

What do you do when you are going to pray together? Which way? Or are you going to pray, each your own Madhab's way (derived from hadith, etc. Ofc) ?

What about when you and your wife/husband do pray together?

And Allah SWT knows best.
:wasalam:

Majority of Muslims in Indonesia follow Shafi'i madhab. The rest are non-madhab reformists. But everyday people from both group perform salah in congregation without problem.

The difference between two groups is in salah subh. Shafi'i madhab recite du'a qunoot, while the reformist don't. How to deal with it?. Simple. If the imam is Shafi'i, then when the imam recite dua qunoot, then reformist jama'ah just silent. If the imam is reformist who doesn't read dua qunoot. Then after perform salah, the Shafi'i jam'ah perform sujood sahwi. Simple isn't it?.

So, there's no problem if couple of husband and wife from different group perform salah in congregation.

MuhammadIbrahim
05-15-2016, 06:47 AM
Peace be upon you all! I don't think it is an issue. He must get married to her.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.