/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sorry

_E_3
05-11-2016, 05:12 PM
i dont know if anyone will remember me but i was a members a few years ago
The reason i left was that my mother isnt happy about me being Muslim because of her ignorance and the fact she wants to control
everyone and i didnt cope so well with prayers and keeping up with them sorry
, The reason i have been letting my mother get away with this is that i dont have a back bone to stand up to her
my mother is self centered racist and no a nice person at all but she is my mother we hardly see her anymore and we rarely go down there
during all the years av been away i havent been praying and i havent been wearing the hajab
Am taking one step at a time
My mental health has been bad i have OCD and i hear voices and see things

i hope its ok for me to come back

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
05-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Salam and welcome back, Im glad you returned, although I've never seen you on the forum before.

:)

noraina
05-11-2016, 05:18 PM
Assalamu alaykum

It is good you're back sis, may Allah (swt) soften your mother's heart and ease the hardships you are experiencing. Ameen.

And we're all taking it a step at a time, we humans are creatures of progress, what matters is that we are moving forward alhamdulillah.

~ Sabr ~
05-11-2016, 05:41 PM
:welcome:, tread carefully.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
05-11-2016, 05:43 PM
Salam alaykum

Welcome back sister.

As soon I saw your user name, I remembered you.

Maybe because it´s quite rare name.

_E_3
05-11-2016, 05:53 PM
I REMEMBER YOU SISTER HERB oh gosh

i hope you are well sister
thank you everyone for replying

BeTheChange
05-11-2016, 06:08 PM
Aslamualykum,

What does E stand for if anything sis?

I don't think i was a member when you was active on this forum.

Anyways you have nothing to be sorry about.

Love yourself and try and get back in touch with your mum.

Sometimes our arrogance and pride stops us from reaching out to the ones we love. If this of course causes you no harm insha Allah.

A very warm welcome back and may Allah swt help you find a peaceful solution Ameen.

_E_3
05-11-2016, 06:16 PM
My name beings with an E E for Ella
thank you sister for replying to me and what you said

one thing is i keep getting confused about the prayers i can never remember how many av done or how many we are meant to do
( i kept a docment with the prayers and washu all these years good thing i never got rid of them )

BeTheChange
05-11-2016, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _E_

one thing is i keep getting confused about the prayers i can never remember how many av done or how many we are meant to do
( i kept a docment with the prayers and washu all these years good thing i never got rid of them )
Asalamualykum,

I know what you i mean. When it comes to Tarweh prayers during Ramadan i can easily forget how many rakats i have prayed or i doubt myself so what i usually do is grab 5/10 random objects or stones and move them on the other side of the prayer mat so i keep a tally of how many i have prayed.

If this doesn't work for you you can grab a piece of paper and jot down how many rakats you have prayed.

Please watch this video https://archive.org/details/PrayAsYouHaveSeenMePray_868

Insha Allah it will summarise and recap how to pray.

In terms of how many rakats to pray please visit http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/75737

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask - insha Allah i will try my best to help.

May Allah swt protect you from harm Ameen.

BilalKid
05-11-2016, 09:29 PM
welcome bak!! :shade:

s.ali123
05-12-2016, 08:31 AM

I used to have this problem when I was younger. I used to be obsessed with correcting the prayer. And I used to repeat it many times :P Each time I used to feel I did something wrong, while other times I used to feel during the prayer that how many rakaas I have done. The solution to this is just not to think too much about it! During the prayer, if you forget in which rakaa you are either 2nd or 3rd (in four rakaa) prayer, just ask yourself that about which one you are more sure, and at the end do sajda sahaw (i.e. two extra prostration at the end while you are sitting right after tashahud, say salam on one side and do two prostration and then carry on with tashahud, durood and prayer).
The more precautionary measure that you will take like repeating the prayer, the worse it will get.
Another thing I used to do alot was wudu. I used to feel I am not doing it properly and then I used to do it many times and very slowly. But Allah helped me correcting this attitude :) ALhamdulillah

_E_3
05-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Told my mother over the phone that am Muslim and am wearing the hajab she didnt sound happy
oh well

Umm Abed
05-12-2016, 05:36 PM
Told my mother over the phone that am Muslim and am wearing the hajab she didnt sound happy
oh well
Im sorry to hear about that, sister, its a great step and you will be rewarded by Allah. Keep strong:)

Your mother will eventually accept.

May Allah keep you firm on deen of Islam ameen!

BeTheChange
05-12-2016, 05:48 PM
oh well
Aslamualykum Sister E,

Try not to get too upset about it even though it hurts.

Allah swt is with you all the time, the angels are with you and our duas are with you insha Allah.

Next time you speak to her ask her what it is that makes her unhappy about your decision.

It may be something very simple. For example she might believe everything she hears and read about Islam in newspapers or on the TV and as you know sis the ummah is not strong at this moment in time. She might even be scared she will loose you. Just ease her nerves and try and have an open conversation. Honesty is always the best policy. Once she has understood your decision although she may not agree she may be comforted by your words.

You're still her daughter and am positive she loves you very deeply but some parents have a tough time showing their love.

Insha Allah everything will be fine.

May Allah swt protect you and help you reach out to your mum & family Ameen.

s.ali123
05-12-2016, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Aslamualykum Sister E,

Try not to get too upset about it even though it hurts.

Allah swt is with you all the time, the angels are with you and our duas are with you insha Allah.

Next time you speak to her ask her what it is that makes her unhappy about your decision.

It may be something very simple. For example she might believe everything she hears and read about Islam in newspapers or on the TV and as you know sis the ummah is not strong at this moment in time. She might even be scared she will loose you. Just ease her nerves and try and have an open conversation. Honesty is always the best policy. Once she has understood your decision although she may not agree she may be comforted by your words.

You're still her daughter and am positive she loves you very deeply but some parents have a tough time showing their love.

Insha Allah everything will be fine.

May Allah swt protect you and help you reach out to your mum & family Ameen.
Yeah another thing is action speaks louder than words. You should not only tell her about the good things but also act on those things. Many of us think that religosity means that we become strict with rules. That is not what the Prophet taught us. When we submit ourselves to God's will we should become more humble and polite. Do things for your mom which likes, take much more care of her, cook food for her, feed her with your own hands love her even much more than what you used to do. The prophet said that the best amongst you is the best towards his family. Tell her explicitly that how much you appreciate her presence, and how much you are grateful to her. She should see positive change in you. Dont become hard with her even if she is rude with you. Eventually she will understand you. I have a german reverted muslim friend, whos mother also accepted islam last year. Not only that many of his friends also accepted islam after seeing the changes in him. And all of this he said because he took mich more care of his mother.
Similarly another kazakhstani friend had sinilar experience whose mother accepted Islam after seeing the respect he has for her after accepting.
If she asks why you do that tell her what is the importance of mother in Islam and that you can never repay her for what she did for you.

Bhabha
05-12-2016, 06:06 PM
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

I am also a revert to Islam!
My mother also had an issue with my acceptance of Islam at first, then I've had to kind of REALLY apply Islam in every aspect of my life. Such as with ensuring that she is always helped, if she wants something I am extra attentive. I have also had to clean up vocabulary and to ensure I am always super respectful.

I think she is thrown off (your mother) by the public view of Islam, but show that her daughter the one that she loved has not changed but rather improved and will be committed to caring for her mother as it is our duty in Islam and she will slowly come about.

_E_3
05-12-2016, 07:14 PM
imsad i wish she would understand ...also my husband isnt Muslim and has no interest in becoming Muslim i know that am meant i have to divorce my husband but he is my carer and i love him i cant look after myself because of my mental health
my husband is an atheist we have no children
:astag: i cant live without him

Serinity
05-12-2016, 08:30 PM
The marriage is invalid, so there is no marriage in the first place. More like a gf/bf relationship.

_E_3
05-12-2016, 08:43 PM
but i live with him and he is my carer i have no one else who can take care of me :cry:

Serinity
05-12-2016, 08:57 PM
but i live with him and he is my carer i have no one else who can take care of me :cry:
Don't you have your parents? But know that it is haram to be in a relationship with him,.

_E_3
05-12-2016, 09:03 PM
Av asked him over and over he said he dont want to do it
i mustn't be worth it imsad

my step dad is dead cause he killed himself my mother dont understand and think that am attaetion seeking
my sister cant look after her self never mind me

_E_3
05-13-2016, 05:52 PM
unsure if me posting after posting is ok or not
sorry if i break rules
last night me and my husband had a fight over this he still saying he will not change his mind
i was going to hang myself but my husband walked in on me putting robes tie on the wardrobe
my husband is upset
I CANT MAKE HIM DO IT
he made his choice
we will not talk about it again

BeTheChange
05-13-2016, 06:06 PM
unsure if me posting after posting is ok or not
sorry if i break rules
last night me and my husband had a fight over this he still saying he will not change his mind
i was going to hang myself but my husband walked in on me putting robes tie on the wardrobe
my husband is upset
I CANT MAKE HIM DO IT
he made his choice
we will not talk about it again
Asalamualykum sis,

Of course you can post after your post as long as you are not spamming.

When you are a full member you also have the option of 'editing' your posts insha Allah.

Please check your PM insha Allah.

“There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and says:

Allaahumma inni ‘abduka ibn ‘abdika ibn amatija naasyati bi yadika, maada fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka. As’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghayb ‘indaka an taj’al al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’ huzni wa dhihaab hammi

(O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your maidservant; my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety),’

but Allaah will take away his distress and grief, and replace it with joy.”

He was asked: “O Messenger of Allaah, should we learn this?”

He said: “Of course; everyone who hears it should learn it.”
(Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 199)

May Allah swt protect you and your husband & family from harm Ameen.

_E_3
05-14-2016, 11:36 AM
Thank you for replying to me and pming me
am feeling a bit better i have been keeping myself busy with my nieces and my sister my sister is supportive of me being Muslim
She says if my mother dont like it well its too bad ...one of my nieces said the same as well
My nieces daughter father is Muslim my niece christian but there not together or married she a beautiful little girl
she been ill with a chest infection but she only a baby when my niece is visiting she always smiling and happy
she an angel my sister is a granny and am a great aunt
My yonger nieces are staying over for the night
there watching tv Disney channel
its really annoying and loud
i just put my head phones on and listen to nasheeds and the Qu'ran

:Koran:

greenhill
05-14-2016, 11:41 AM
Welcome back :shade:

Good to hear that the faith is still there. May you slowly build it up and have a smoother passage this time.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!