/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My cousin used my phone to commit a sin...

anonymous
05-11-2016, 10:05 PM
My cousins came over last night and I caught one of them viewing some inappropriate stuff. I have two phones so I let one of my cousins use my old one since I bought a new phone. My cousin used our wifi to watch that filth and I am a bit paranoid now because my father is pretty good at all this computer tech stuff and I don't want him thinking I was the one watching it. My cousin thinks I am crazy and says this is not possible and to quit worrying. Can my father see the sites my cousin visited on my phone on his computer? also would it be a sin to tell on him to save myself?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BilalKid
05-11-2016, 10:12 PM
u delete phone history?? ^o)

EgyptPrincess
05-11-2016, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
My cousins came over last night and I caught one of them viewing some inappropriate stuff. I have two phones so I let one of my cousins use my old one since I bought a new phone. My cousin used our wifi to watch that filth and I am a bit paranoid now because my father is pretty good at all this computer tech stuff and I don't want him thinking I was the one watching it. My cousin thinks I am crazy and says this is not possible and to quit worrying. Can my father see the sites my cousin visited on my phone on his computer? also would it be a sin to tell on him to save myself?
Your father cannot view your phones web history from his pc lol. Just delete your phones web history and you'll be good.

Alpha Dude
05-11-2016, 10:16 PM
He can if it's logged in the router and he knows how to access it. Although, it would appear as a massive list of URLs which he'd need to filter through to find. Highly unlikely that he'd do that.

also would it be a sin to tell on him to save myself?
Tell him only if he accuses you. Otherwise, ignore and forget about it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
05-11-2016, 10:21 PM
Asalamualykum,

Can you ask your dad to add internet restrictions? You can block any unwanted material and filter the garbage out.

I would advise you not to approach your dad and not to 'expose' your cousin.

As Muslims we should try our very best not to disclose the sins of others. Speak to your cousin and advise him/her what he/she did was haraam in Islam.

Am assuming your cousin is at an age of understanding since they have viewed inappropriate content so they should be able to understand what they have done is wrong and try and explain why it is wrong insha Allah.

May Allah swt protect the youth from sins Ameen.

EgyptPrincess
05-11-2016, 10:26 PM
You should probably also wash your phone with a baby wash or something. If he was looking at dirty things, just saying...

BeTheChange
05-11-2016, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
You should probably also wash your phone with a baby wash or something. If he was looking at dirty things, just saying...
& if you wish to 'wash' the soul or sin away ask your cousin to perform her/her daily wudu/abolution insha Allah.

Abu Hurairah (RA) relates that Nabi (SAW) said, “When a Mu’min or Muslim servant of Allah performs ablution and he washes his face, the sins which the eye committed by looking are washed off with the water or with the last drop of water. When he washes his hands, the sins which were committed because of the touch of the hands are washed away with the water or with the last drop of water. When he washes his feet, the sins which were committed by the walking of the feet are washed off with the water or with the last drop of water until he comes out from that ablution cleansed from every sin (minor). (Muslim)

Allah Hu Akbar!

EgyptPrincess
05-11-2016, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
& if you wish to 'wash' the soul or sin away ask your cousin to perform her/her daily wudu/abolution insha Allah.

Abu Hurairah (RA) relates that Nabi (SAW) said, “When a Mu’min or Muslim servant of Allah performs ablution and he washes his face, the sins which the eye committed by looking are washed off with the water or with the last drop of water. When he washes his hands, the sins which were committed because of the touch of the hands are washed away with the water or with the last drop of water. When he washes his feet, the sins which were committed by the walking of the feet are washed off with the water or with the last drop of water until he comes out from that ablution cleansed from every sin (minor). (Muslim)

Allah Hu Akbar!
I mean because if he was watching nasty stuff, you don't know where his hands have been, and then he touches the phone... It's not such a good idea to wash the phone with water but baby wipes it's ok.

anonymous
05-11-2016, 11:26 PM
This is really affecting me because now every time I talk to my father it's weird because I feel like he knows and thinks it me. My cousin claims they deleted the history but it's probably stored somewhere else. I just want to tell on my cousin because he is ruining my reputation;(

If the history is deleted is it possible my dad can still see it on his computer?

anonymous
05-11-2016, 11:28 PM
Router, what's that? Sorry I know nothing about computers

noraina
05-12-2016, 05:09 AM
Routers are a computer networking thing which transmit data packages between devices, like an internet traffic system.

Please don't work yourself up about this. That feeling you are having is purely psychological. As long as you have deleted it from your phone's history, you should be fine. Your father wouldn't even have the slightest suspicion, and when he has no reason to suspect he would not go through all that effort to track down your phone's history for no reason. Allah (swt) conceals sins for a reason, so as long as your father or cousin don't accuse you keep it to yourself.

And I suppose this is a lesson learned. Have a stern word with your cousin about doing things such as this, and in future don't give them your phone or laptop or anything - make a lame excuse and it doesn't matter if they know it's one. I've had personal experience of getting into trouble because of an idiotic cousin and their antics (I was utterly innocent, lol) and it's not about to happen again. Sometimes being too obliging can backfire.

noraina
05-12-2016, 05:14 AM
btw, as I said, don't tell on your cousin unless the truth does spill out. Your father would probably be angry, and either tell off your cousin himself or report it to your cousin's parents. Especially within family, this can cause more problems than it solves.

And inshaAllah your reputation hasn't been ruined :) there's no way it will be either way - so take a deep breath and keep calm.

And can you do a system restore on a mobile phone? That pretty thoroughly cleans out your computer.

abumuslim82
05-12-2016, 05:24 AM
Tell ur father the truth

Muezzin
05-12-2016, 09:16 AM
The phone and the computer are two separate devices. The Internet history on one is not viewable on the other, regardless of the same connection being used. It is, however, available to the Internet Service Provider as well as search engines, regardless of it being deleted from the device.

More importantly, everything we think, say and do is watched by Allah.

It may be possible to contact the Internet Service Provider and ask them to block those types of sites.

So:
Allah knows all that we think, say and do.
Your father will only know if you or someone else tells him.
Consider contacting the Internet Service Provider to block those types of sites.
Pray for your cousin.

nadinesauriol
05-12-2016, 01:10 PM
Salam Walikum

Remove your phone history and hide your personal data.

sister herb
05-12-2016, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
I mean because if he was watching nasty stuff, you don't know where his hands have been, and then he touches the phone... It's not such a good idea to wash the phone with water but baby wipes it's ok.
Actually, this is a great advice. Our mobiles are full of different bacterias and we should regularly clean them using some antibacteria cleaner. Each square inch of your cell phone contains roughly 25,000 germs, making it one of the filthiest things you come in contact with on a daily basis. It´s even more dirty than the toilet handle. You usually wash your hands after visiting the toilet but maybe never after using your mobile.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.