/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Our undying heroes

Khalid Saifullah
05-12-2016, 01:38 AM
Subhanallah!!
These are our undying heroes.

A robber stole Umar Ibn Al-Khattab's (radiAllahu anhu's) turban in a market place and ran. Umar (radiAllahu anhu) ran after him shouting "I bear witness to Allah that I have given it to you, so say 'I accept it' so that the hellfire does not touch you!"

س : ما صحة هذه القصة : "سرق لص عمامة عُمر بن الخطابّ في السوق وهرب، فركض خلفہ يصرُخ :أشُهد اللہ أني ملكتك إياها فقل قبلت حتى ﻻتمسك النار !!
ج : هذه القصّة ـ إن صحت ـ هي مروية عن النووي رحمه الله لا عن عمر رضي الله عنه :
قال أبو محمد اليافعي في آخر الحكاية الثانية والثمانين بعد الأربعمائة من "روض الرياحين في حكايات الصالحين" : بلغني أن الشيخ الإمام محيي الدين النووي - رضي الله تعالى عنه - خطف سارقٌ عمامته وهرب، فتبعه الشيخ وصار يعدو خلفه ويقول له: (( مَلَّكتُك إياها، قل: قَبِلْت ))، والسارق ما عنده خبر من ذلك!
ونقلها السخاوي في "المنهل العذب الروي في ترجمة قطب الأولياء النووي" ص 26 عن اليافعي.

Imam Sakhawi, al-Muhannad al- Udhb, page 26 on the authority of Imam Yafi'ee

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
05-12-2016, 11:20 AM
:jz:.

How amazing the leaders of Islam were :ma:.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.