/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Psychologist help needed for stress!

s.ali123
05-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Salam Alaikum!

I want to ask that one of my close relatives is suffering from lot of stress and anxiety. He is very good student since childhood, but this stress of exams etc has even made him skip many university years as well. In his region everyone just give medicine which he does not want to take. He is very good practicing muslim, and he strongly feel that his problem can be resolved with strong will. I just want to help him with this thing. Do you know of any online help etc from some good psychologist , preferably Muslim, who could help him through skype etc? Or listen and give him some good advice ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah0411
05-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Well brother, I think that he should focus on studying up on the Qadar of Allah and perhaps then he would realize that all things are in the control of Allah Azza wa Jal, that whatever was decreed for him will take place and whatever wasn't decreed isn't going to happen. The beauty of the pillar of Qadar is that once you have this firm conviction in it, then it should reduce the stress and anxiety of a Muslim. May Allah make it easy for him.

s.ali123
05-12-2016, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misbah0411
Well brother, I think that he should focus on studying up on the Qadar of Allah and perhaps then he would realize that all things are in the control of Allah Azza wa Jal, that whatever was decreed for him will take place and whatever wasn't decreed isn't going to happen. The beauty of the pillar of Qadar is that once you have this firm conviction in it, then it should reduce the stress and anxiety of a Muslim. May Allah make it easy for him.
Yeah that's true. He has strong belief in that and from what I know about him, he does not any issue with that as he is pleased with whatever comes at him.
What I wanted is just some practical way to deal with it. Like how to increase focus etc. Depression, anxiety and stress etc are real medical problems. To great extent one is saved from it when he puts his trust in Allah. But we also need to do something on practical grounds as well. As I have also listened to some practical muslim psychologists (who are also very good in Islamic Knowledge) who deals with these kind of things. I just don't know how to approach someone like that.

Muezzin
05-12-2016, 11:33 AM
When I feel stressed, I read Al-Baqarah.

We are only burdened with what we can carry. This is a wonderful mercy.

Practical advice on how to focus etc?

Split long tasks into manageable chunks, then focus on each one in turn.

I do not know about the psychological background of your friend, so can only offer general advice.

May Allah make it easy for your friend.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abumuslim82
05-12-2016, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by s.ali123
Salam Alaikum!

I want to ask that one of my close relatives is suffering from lot of stress and anxiety. He is very good student since childhood, but this stress of exams etc has even made him skip many university years as well. In his region everyone just give medicine which he does not want to take. He is very good practicing muslim, and he strongly feel that his problem can be resolved with strong will. I just want to help him with this thing. Do you know of any online help etc from some good psychologist , preferably Muslim, who could help him through skype etc? Or listen and give him some good advice ?
Have honey, and the best relaxation for stress is that perfect salaah, bi'ithnillah

Misbah0411
05-12-2016, 10:54 PM
Brother, I just bought a book a few weeks ago called The Path to Self Fulfillment by a sister. My wife is in the middle of reading it and it has a section of stress relief. Here is a link to it.

http://www.bronsema.info/ebook/the-p...ulfilment.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.