/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a hobby

Arfa
05-12-2016, 12:51 PM
Aoa members,I have been thinking of starting a good hobby it's been ages iv actually started.Eg yoga reading etc but couldn't start it.Since boredome effects me too much I would want only sincere and productive advice kindly!though poetry is my part time hobby too so I wouldn't mind contributing my poems here on IB too...:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nadinesauriol
05-12-2016, 01:02 PM
Salam Walikum

Reading is best hobby.

abumuslim82
05-12-2016, 01:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arfa A Khan
Aoa members,I have been thinking of starting a good hobby it's been ages iv actually started.Eg yoga reading etc but couldn't start it.Since boredome effects me too much I would want only sincere and productive advice kindly!though poetry is my part time hobby too so I wouldn't mind contributing my poems here on IB too...:)

Salaam All

target shooting, I got a handgun and a shotgun, waiting for my rifle Licence ������ <- that's not for ull it's for my guns lol

swimming

hiking with as heavy as you can manage backpack.

horse riding

abumuslim82
05-12-2016, 01:10 PM
poetry, u can write nice islamic nasheeds, halal with no instruments. We are allowed the daff only, with only a certain one kind of bass beat

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
05-12-2016, 01:18 PM
Check out the Creative Writing and Art forum, you'll love it :)

noraina
05-12-2016, 01:41 PM
There are so many amazing hobbies alhamdulillah.

Creative writing is a must for me, whether it is poetry or short stories. I love reading books, about anything really.

Keeping a pet of some kind, or gardening are really productive as well ma'sha'Allah.

I would suggest you venture into the world of art as well :) there are so many ways to express yourself through art you're bound to find one that you will love. You seem to be the creative type so I think you'd like that.

Also, setting goals for yourself keeps yourself nice and busy in a good way, such as 'I want to learn this language', 'I want to learn as much as I can about this subject' - even better if you give yourself time limits.

ardianto
05-12-2016, 02:38 PM
:sl:

My youth life was full of competition. I competed in swimming when I was kid, I also competed in BMX race and soap box derby. Then when I was teenager I active in motocross competition. I've raced in dozens race, and represented my province in inter-regional motocross event. The last event which I compete was auto rally when I was 20.

No, no, I do not suggest anyone to become racer. There are many branch of sport that you can choose. I just want to tell, have a hobby that make you active in competition give positive impact for your mental development. It will make you will not easy to give up in facing challenge in life, also make you will not blame anyone for your failure.

:)

ardianto
05-12-2016, 02:50 PM
My advice to sister Arfa A Khan is having active hobby, which you create or develop something like writing, cooking, gardening, making handy craft, etc. Not just passive hobby like reading. And try to have achievement. In example, if you love writing, compete in writing contest, or try to publish your book.

:)

EgyptPrincess
05-12-2016, 02:52 PM
I like drawing, even though I suck at it.

How about microscopy? You can buy a decent microscope for a few hundred pounds and find an endless amount of things to put under it ;D

I am always amazed at some of the things I look at. Here are what some things look like under the microscope

Chalk

Salt

House Fly

176815 1?v2 -

176819 1?v2 -

noraina
05-12-2016, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
How about something microscopy? You can buy a decent microscope for a few hundred pounds and find an endless amount of things to put under it

I am always amazed at some of the things I look at. Here are what some things look like under the microscope http://www.cracked.com/article_20386...icroscope.html
I have the opposite of that - a telescope. :D A bit of an astronomy freak so I brought this huge telescope and in summer at night I love to gaze at the stars and the moon and the planets. SubhanAllah nothing beats the amazement you feel staring at these huge masterpieces floating in space.

My most amazing discovery was when I spotted Saturn, that was 5 years ago when I was 12 - too bad I didn't attach a camera to the lens.

EgyptPrincess
05-12-2016, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I have the opposite of that - a telescope. :D A bit of an astronomy freak so I brought this huge telescope and in summer at night I love to gaze at the stars and the moon and the planets. SubhanAllah nothing beats the amazement you feel staring at these huge masterpieces floating in space.

My most amazing discovery was when I spotted Saturn, that was 5 years ago when I was 12 - too bad I didn't attach a camera to the lens.
Awesome! Maybe I'll consider taking up astronomy also ;D Are the images really clear though? Doesn't light pollution blur the images?

ardianto
05-12-2016, 03:03 PM
My ex-schoolmate (female) was known as fashionable girl who love to design dress. Later he started to wear hijab, and now she is known as designer of Muslimah dresses.

Example of productive hobby that can produce money.

noraina
05-12-2016, 03:11 PM
Awesome! Maybe I'll consider taking up astronomy also Are the images really clear though? Doesn't light pollution blur the images?
Not at all. To do deep sky photography you just need some modest equipment and you can take the most amaaaaazing photographs. I'm nowhere near this level (been a little lazy) but this photograph was taken by an amateur astronomer from his back garden. :o

So many websites give great instructions, basically the longer you leave your camera on exposure, the more light it takes in from deep space and you can take pictures of galaxies light years away. This would have been processed for like an hour to get this result.

EgyptPrincess
05-12-2016, 03:16 PM
Not at all. To do deep sky photography you just need some modest equipment and you can take the most amaaaaazing photographs. I'm nowhere near this level (been a little lazy) but this photograph was taken by an amateur astronomer from his back garden. :o

So many websites give great instructions, basically the longer you leave your camera on exposure, the more light it takes in from deep space and you can take pictures of galaxies light years away. This would have been processed for like an hour to get this result.
Subhan Allah Allah truly is the greatest of all designers :Emoji6::Emoji31::Emoji52:

Kiro
05-12-2016, 03:21 PM
martial arts

Arfa
05-13-2016, 03:20 PM
������Thankyou noraina Egypt princess adrianto for productive suggestions.So many choices now!i wil try InShaAllah to choose good hobby.as a child I Played deC tennis .I have published many poems on poetry site and got title of poet laureate.������������I like idea of book publishing and star gazing.

BilalKid
05-13-2016, 08:59 PM
tennis :shade:

drac16
05-13-2016, 09:05 PM
Try working out. It's healthy and productive.

s.ali123
05-13-2016, 09:24 PM
Previously I did not read books alot. But after coming to germany I have started to read books :) Everyday I used to travel for alomst 2 hours in trains for classes and part time job, so I utilized this time to learn things from audio lectures and pdf books :shade:. Alhamdulillah

Bhabha
05-13-2016, 09:26 PM
There are so many. If you want to also obtain endless rewards during and after you have finished your hobby, do something that is fruitful for the world. Such as planting trees around you, or planting fruits and vegetables and as such things that grow and can feed animals and people. It's charity. [emoji39][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

s.ali123
05-13-2016, 09:26 PM
I like drawing, even though I suck at it.

How about microscopy? You can buy a decent microscope for a few hundred pounds and find an endless amount of things to put under it ;D

I am always amazed at some of the things I look at. Here are what some things look like under the microscope

Chalk

Salt

House Fly

176815 1?v2 -

176819 1?v2 -
I didn't know people keep microscope at home. I always thought they are very expensive. Subhanallah from very minute things to great galaxies, the universe is filled with the ayahs of Allah :)

Hopes N Prayers
05-13-2016, 09:31 PM
You could try henna art or baking. These are my hobbies I have a passion for food so im always in the kitchen baking and making a mess :).as for henna i have actually gotten better at it and do henna for the neighborhood kids when eid approaches.it's a fun and easy way to earn money and your mom wont have to waste money:)

Misbah0411
05-13-2016, 09:32 PM
Reading is a good hobby if the topic is halal. Fish keeping whether freshwater, salt or reef.

muslimah_B
05-14-2016, 12:26 PM
I just recently got a sewing machine, have been practicing on my mums pillowcases lol untill i buy my fabric and try to make anything thats wearable lol

I find sewing quite theraputic or even adult colouring books, i mean you can go wild with either of them lol

I also just browse pintrest for those delicious dessert recipes and try them out.. its good fun and tastes good too

noraina
05-14-2016, 12:30 PM
Fish-keeping is good, my parents have both an aquarium in the house and a pond outside, very therapeutic to watch them swimming around and a lot of people think they don't make good pets but they do!

Some of our fishes are nearly thirteen years old, alhamdulillah - and they're huge.

muslimah_B
05-14-2016, 12:34 PM
Fish-keeping is good, my parents have both an aquarium in the house and a pond outside, very therapeutic to watch them swimming around and a lot of people think they don't make good pets but they do!

Some of our fishes are nearly thirteen years old, alhamdulillah - and they're huge.
I love fish theyre so beautiful to look at mashAllah,, i was going to buy pirahna and some turtles... well lets just say it didnt go down very well and wasnt able to carry out my purchase lol

I use to watch youtube videos of this amazing fish wich used to do tricks, was fantastic lol

I also had bearded dragons but unfortunately i had to give them to someone who could give them more time

noraina
05-14-2016, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_B
I love fish theyre so beautiful to look at mashAllah,, i was going to buy pirahna and some turtles... well lets just say it didnt go down very well and wasnt able to carry out my purchase lol

I use to watch youtube videos of this amazing fish wich used to do tricks, was fantastic lol

I also had bearded dragons but unfortunately i had to give them to someone who could give them more time
Wow, bearded dragons are some fierce-looking little creatures, lol.

We have black moor and shubunkin fish, they are so pretty ma'sha'Allah, I wanted to teach them tricks but they weren't being cooperative at all so I gave up. :)

muslimah_B
05-14-2016, 12:46 PM
Yea i loved them i called them nalah and simba, very entertaining lil dragons, watching them chase bugs was the highlight of my day lol
When im in a better position i would love to get some again in sha Allah

Ohhhhh they must be pretty, tempt them with food it always works, find out what would be their favourite treat and try.. i mean id never think you could train fish, but if somebody out there can do it, you can too in sha Allah [emoji4] [emoji12]

Arfa
05-15-2016, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by s.ali123
Previously I did not read books alot. But after coming to germany I have started to read books :) Everyday I used to travel for alomst 2 hours in trains for classes and part time job, so I utilized this time to learn things from audio lectures and pdf books :shade:. Alhamdulillah
Reading is cool every time I read inspirational articles and watch islamic motivational videos it leaves a positive mark alhamdulillAh.

Arfa
05-15-2016, 07:22 PM

MashaAllah fish are such beautiful creatures im tempted to buy now..I was going to buy turtles as my pets then my laziness set in and thought of switching to some other hobby

Misbah0411
05-15-2016, 07:59 PM
MashaAllah fish are such beautiful creatures im tempted to buy now..I was going to buy turtles as my pets then my laziness set in and thought of switching to some other hobby
I have been keeping fish most of my life. From 10 gallons to 180. Now that I live in an apartment, I have a 20 gallon reef tank with corals and fish.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.