/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nose piercings

noraina
05-13-2016, 12:01 PM
Assalamu alaykum

Are they forbidden? I got my nose pierced when I was around 15 (still remember the pain!), I still have it and I've never thought twice about it. Recently I was told I should take it out because it is unIslamic for a woman to do so and if I got married my husband would tell me to remove it anyway. I personally don't see the harm in a tiny silver stud but I thought I'd ask. Is it that bad?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
EgyptPrincess
05-13-2016, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Assalamu alaykum

Are they forbidden? I got my nose pierced when I was around 15 (still remember the pain!), I still have it and I've never thought twice about it. Recently I was told I should take it out because it is unIslamic for a woman to do so and if I got married my husband would tell me to remove it anyway. I personally don't see the harm in a tiny silver stud but I thought I'd ask. Is it that bad?
Just did some quick searching online and it seems there is no direct mentioning of this in the Quran or the Sunnahs so it comes down to what scholars think. Some scholars say it's not permissible because you are "mutilating" the face as it leaves a hole, but the hole does heal when the piecing is removed so not sure what that means.

Then some other scholars say it's permissible for beautification but not recommended because where does it end? First a your nose, then your lip, then your tongue then every other place and it's better to avoid it.

http://www.all-quran.org/answers/?p=422

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KosnbQIQ448

https://islamqa.info/en/160292

noraina
05-13-2016, 01:43 PM
JazakAllah khayr for the links,

I was trying to read up on it, and you're right there isn't a 100% confirmed position on nose piercings. But I've had it done now, and I don't see the harm in keeping it. Or should I take it out?

Regrets1
05-13-2016, 02:10 PM
JazakAllah khayr for the links,

I was trying to read up on it, and you're right there isn't a 100% confirmed position on nose piercings. But I've had it done now, and I don't see the harm in keeping it. Or should I take it out?
Asalamu alaikum:

As far as I know it is permissible women can get nose and ears pierced, even I got my nose pierced (but obviously what I say doesn't matter lol, so in sha Allah il try finding some proof) I wear a stud but my friend uses a nose ring and her mum tells her to take it off as it doesn't look decent so I think it's a cultural thing saying one shouldn't get it pierced

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
EgyptPrincess
05-13-2016, 02:17 PM
But I've had it done now, and I don't see the harm in keeping it. Or should I take it out?
I don't have my nose pierced but I do think they're kinda hot. Do you parents approve of it? If they do then just keep it :)

noraina
05-13-2016, 02:23 PM
That's why I wear one lol, I like the way they look.

My mother has a nose-ring, she had it done when she was around my age, so my parents weren't too fussed when I said I wanted one too. I was told by someone it is something associated with women of weak character, so I thought I should double-check if it is forbidden or not.

Allahu alam, I've done it now, maybe it is a cultural thing because in Afghan and British culture it doesn't have any meanings like that.

Regrets1
05-13-2016, 02:25 PM
http://youtu.be/KosnbQIQ448

need to do more research:) but seems like il have to take it off..

~ Sabr ~
05-13-2016, 02:28 PM
:salamext:

Detailed ruling on body piercing

Aisha
05-13-2016, 02:32 PM
السّلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

A normal nose piercing is permissible. Leave it in if you like it.

format_quote Originally Posted by Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam
The scholars agree that it is permissible for a woman to have her ears pierced to wear an earring since that was customary in the time of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), and also because it is considered to be an adornment for women. Similarly they have even permitted the piercing of the nose as women in some communities do, for it is also considered a form of adornment in many Muslim communities.
However, it would not be permissible to pierce the lip, belly button and other body parts, because:
Firstly, it falls under mutilation and cutting body parts without need known as Muthla, which is unlawful in Islam.
Secondly, such piercing is not considered the adornment for any decent woman, and is generally a fashion and trait of the lewd and immoral such as the dancers, celebrities and pop-icons. As such, it would be considered imitation of them, hence impermissible.

Therefore, it would best be to avoid piercing the various parts of the body with the exception of the ears and nose.

And Allah Knows Best

Source

noraina
05-13-2016, 02:43 PM
JazakAllah khayr,

I think I'll keep it in for now, :) inshaAllah it isn't sinful or anything. And not like it's stuck to my face, can always take it off if I have to.

Thank you!

Regrets1
05-13-2016, 02:47 PM
JazakAllah khayr,

I think I'll keep it in for now, :) inshaAllah it isn't sinful or anything. And not like it's stuck to my face, can always take it off if I have to.

Thank you!
In sha Allah.
I took my stud out..read this and put my nose ring in :D

Asalamu Alaikum

noraina
05-13-2016, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Regrets1
In sha Allah.
I took my stud out..read this and put my nose ring in

Asalamu Alaikum
Wa alaykum assalam,

Lol, I was about to do that myself. :D

Alhamdulillah.

Hopes N Prayers
05-20-2016, 07:41 AM
I always wanted to get my nose Pierced but was told it was haram and some people say it isn't so I'm just like so confused I just let it go[emoji53]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.