/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Share your Suhur and iftaar menu ideas..

Regrets1
05-13-2016, 03:12 PM
Asalamu Alaikum:

I lovee Ramadan..not many days left :D so people any ideas for healthy and nice yummy food for suhur and ifaar? As a desi I get sick of having pakoras and samosas for iftaar in Ramadan especially in summer (don't have them everyday) I wanna try making different and delicious food for my family everyday:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza :)
05-13-2016, 03:23 PM
Paratha with whatever was cooked the night before, or yogurt. Yogurt is a must. A glass of milk (don't really want to drink it though), a glass or two of water. And watermelon a few minutes before suhoor sometimes.

Iftar is always different. Different sherbets everyday alhamdulillah. Fruit chaat is always there. It's a must to finish it lol

:wa:

sister herb
05-13-2016, 03:27 PM
From the IB Kitchen Club thread you can find a lot of iftaar ideas. Yep that was an advertising.

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...hlight=kitchen

~ Sabr ~
05-13-2016, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Regrets1
Asalamu Alaikum:

I lovee Ramadan..not many days left :D so people any ideas for healthy and nice yummy food for suhur and ifaar? As a desi I get sick of having pakoras and samosas for iftaar in Ramadan especially in summer (don't have them everyday) I wanna try making different and delicious food for my family everyday:D
:wasalamex

It's not Ramadan for a "desi" without pakoras :shade:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BilalKid
05-13-2016, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by :: Desire ::
It's not Ramadan for a "desi" without pakoras
what pakora?? ^o)

~ Sabr ~
05-13-2016, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
what pakora?? ^o)

noraina
05-13-2016, 04:04 PM
I can't manage a paratha for suhoor, I really want to but I can't...

For suhoor I usually have a sandwich of some kind, then a glass of milk. What really keeps me going is a huge glass of water and a few dates afterwards.

During iftar I always eat desi food, yep even pakoras and samosas. Afterwards something sweet is a *must*, like a chocolate bar. And a fruit salad is really refreshing, it is a staple in my house.

Can't wait for Ramadan, inshaAllah, so excited - how will I last another 25 days?

Bhabha
05-13-2016, 04:16 PM
Nothing greasy lol.

sister herb
05-13-2016, 04:21 PM
Sad that this forum isn´t like a village - then I could visit with sisters during iftaar and lurking what they have on the table.

:shade:

Regrets1
05-13-2016, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)
Paratha with whatever was cooked the night before, or yogurt. Yogurt is a must. A glass of milk (don't really want to drink it though), a glass or two of water. And watermelon a few minutes before suhoor sometimes.

Iftar is always different. Different sherbets everyday alhamdulillah. Fruit chaat is always there. It's a must to finish it lol

:wa:
For suhur i do try having paratha but start feeling sick..sometimes I can eat it most of the time I can't lol so I stick to dates and water, hope this time I can eat more than what I usually have for suhur. I like fruit chaat nice and healthy:)

Regrets1
05-13-2016, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by :: Desire ::
:wasalamex

It's not Ramadan for a "desi" without pakoras :shade:
Haha, agree with you sis even though I'm not much into fried food I still end up making pakoras and samosas. I love grilled food though

Regrets1
05-13-2016, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I can't manage a paratha for suhoor, I really want to but I can't...

For suhoor I usually have a sandwich of some kind, then a glass of milk. What really keeps me going is a huge glass of water and a few dates afterwards.

During iftar I always eat desi food, yep even pakoras and samosas. Afterwards something sweet is a *must*, like a chocolate bar. And a fruit salad is really refreshing, it is a staple in my house.

Can't wait for Ramadan, inshaAllah, so excited - how will I last another 25 days?
Paratha is heavy but most desis tend to have that for suhur. In summer I have so much water for suhur that my stomach starts hurting lol but I really need it I try not having too much but end up having it anyway

Regrets1
05-13-2016, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
Nothing greasy lol.
Lol. We try not having anything greasy but we desis end up having it anyway no matter how hard we try its must in Ramadan even if it's just once or twice (tbh some people have something fried everyday or they don't feel it's Ramadan lol) :-[

Regrets1
05-13-2016, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
From the IB Kitchen Club thread you can find a lot of iftaar ideas. Yep that was an advertising.

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...hlight=kitchen
Thank you so much sis il check it out.x

Regrets1
05-13-2016, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Sad that this forum isn´t like a village - then I could visit with sisters during iftaar and lurking what they have on the table.

:shade:
oh how I wish it was, would love to invite you and cook nice food for you. May Allah bless you.

Hamza :)
05-13-2016, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Regrets1
For suhur i do try having paratha but start feeling sick..sometimes I can eat it most of the time I can't lol so I stick to dates and water, hope this time I can eat more than what I usually have for suhur. I like fruit chaat nice and healthy:)
I don't have brekkie these days have lost my appetite dunno why, so not sure if I'll be able to eat a whole paratha for suhoor. But it's not a choice for me ha ha

BilalKid
05-13-2016, 08:58 PM
pakora look yum!! :p

Regrets1
05-13-2016, 09:26 PM
I don't have milk for suhur..mango lassi sounds good :D or should it be left for Iftar

Regrets1
06-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Ramadan Mubarakkk everyone. Did u all fast today? If yeah then how did it go?? Had delicious ifatr?:D I'm stuffed:P Alhamdulillah..

Souljette
06-06-2016, 11:09 PM
Had avocado smoothie for suhoor and pasta but the healthy kind for Iftar with dates and water and smoothie

strivingobserver98
06-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Lovely recipes: https://www.buzzfeed.com/christineby...suhoor-recipes

noraina
06-07-2016, 05:13 PM
Alhamdulillah Ramadan is going good, I'm parched though as we all are :p but alhamdulillah :)

Second day of fasting today and I had cornflakes for suhoor on both days :D A huge mountain of them.

And dates, I can't eat enough dates!

noraina
06-08-2016, 05:01 PM
Trust me to not wake up for suhoor on the day of an important exam, I woke up literally a minute after Fajr in complete despair....

But alhamdulillah I survived :D - but also realised the blessing of being able to have suhoor.

Moshy
06-08-2016, 05:43 PM
For suhoor i like Paratha with any curry and some lovely lassi. Plenty of water too.

For iftaar i like things like fruit chaat, samosas, pakoras. I'll actually eat anything.

Regrets1
06-08-2016, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Moshy
For suhoor i like Paratha with any curry and some lovely lassi. Plenty of water too.

For iftaar i like things like fruit chaat, samosas, pakoras. I'll actually eat anything.
Nicee:) you sound desi :p
For suhur I had paratha the first day...had small sized paratha the 2nd and 3rd day lol :pso yeah Iv been having parathas since Ramadan started but size keeps going small day by day..so gonna have something different from tomorrow in sha Allah.

Pakoras gave me upset stomach:( want roasted potatoes & chicken with veg today..andddd fruit, loving the Pakistani mangoes :thumbs_up

Scimitar
06-08-2016, 06:36 PM
watermelon. cant get enough watermelon :D

Serinity
06-08-2016, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Timi Scar
watermelon. cant get enough watermelon :D
Oh yeah. I'd like to eat a 2 kg watermelon. <3 Especially when they are big, juicy, and tasty. In shaa' Allah this year the watermelons are much tastier and juicier.

And Allah SWT knows best.

~ Sabr ~
06-09-2016, 11:55 AM
Iftar: Mango Milkshake

greenhill
06-09-2016, 01:58 PM
Mango .. not to eat them on an empty stomach. Bloats the stomach something chronic. But it is a versatile fruit. I love it. And another namesake, mangosteen. I love that too!

:peace:

Regrets1
06-09-2016, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Mango .. not to eat them on an empty stomach. Bloats the stomach something chronic. But it is a versatile fruit. I love it. And another namesake, mangosteen. I love that too!

Just googled mangosteen lol;D looks nice wouldn't mind trying it..

greenhill
06-09-2016, 03:54 PM
Juiciest, sickeningly sweet, soft and slightly fibrous. Love it.

Just don't bite it like an apple. Gently squash the fruit and the soft shell will crack.

muslimah_B
06-09-2016, 11:03 PM
I think in the only boring one who has whatever fruit there is for suhoor with yogurts or il have ready brek with strawberries and raspberries lol
I would love to make a breakfast smoothie or full blown food but being the only muslim doesnt help my case of waking everyone up with the blender or frying, id probally get kicked out again for disturbing the peace LOL.

Iftar
Il make whatever i feel like having lol today i had this

What i would give to have somosas, pakoras, spring rolls, and parathas but the frozen ones dont cut it at all lol [emoji22] (sharing is caring guys)

*charisma*
06-10-2016, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_B
What i would give to have somosas, pakoras, spring rolls, and parathas but the frozen ones dont cut it at all lol (sharing is caring guys)
Why not make them yourself? :D they taste better and I'm sure a lot cheaper..just a bit more work lol

muslimah_B
06-10-2016, 01:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Why not make them yourself? :D they taste better and I'm sure a lot cheaper..just a bit more work lol
I tried before and well they just looked deformed badly lol i only ate them to be polite to myself LOOL
Id rather just eat other peoples [emoji41]

*charisma*
06-10-2016, 01:49 AM
I tried before and well they just looked deformed badly lol i only ate them to be polite to myself LOOL
Id rather just eat other peoples [emoji41]

looool aww, if you need help I'd be glad to help you, at least with the samosas and spring rolls :D I don't think I've ever had pakoras or parathas.

noraina
06-10-2016, 09:32 AM
Id rather just eat other peoples
Sis, springrolls are not that difficult. Every Ramadan I make them with my mother - they don't have to be perfect and once you get the hang of it they are really easy, and trust me I'm not good with fiddly pastry things. What we do is get a square of pastry, and put it in front of us like a diamond, and then we put the filling at the bottom, roll it upwards halfway, then fold over the sides, and then roll it upwards the rest of the way. :D If that makes any sense.

As for samosas, just get a semi-circle of pastry, put the filling in the middle and make a cone shape. Easy peasy. ;D

muslimah_B
06-10-2016, 11:26 AM
Sis, springrolls are not that difficult. Every Ramadan I make them with my mother - they don't have to be perfect and once you get the hang of it they are really easy, and trust me I'm not good with fiddly pastry things. What we do is get a square of pastry, and put it in front of us like a diamond, and then we put the filling at the bottom, roll it upwards halfway, then fold over the sides, and then roll it upwards the rest of the way. :D If that makes any sense.

As for samosas, just get a semi-circle of pastry, put the filling in the middle and make a cone shape. Easy peasy. ;D
Theyre not difficult for youuuu !!!!
"You make them every ramadan" lol which means u have years of experience, lol as for samosas i tried that and they just looked like deformed rocks lool not the pretty delicious triangles. Im better at cakes and cooking than pastry lol

muslimah_B
06-10-2016, 11:54 AM
looool aww, if you need help I'd be glad to help you, at least with the samosas and spring rolls :D I don't think I've ever had pakoras or parathas.
Pleaseeee dooo anything to do with working with pastry i hate it lol, it drives me loopy, i once tried to help a sister make samosas and hers where perfect lil triangles and mine just looked for deformed was so embarrassingly funny, you could pick mine out from a distance LOL

noraina
06-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Theyre not difficult for youuuu !!!!
"You make them every ramadan" lol which means u have years of experience, lol as for samosas i tried that and they just looked like deformed rocks lool not the pretty delicious triangles. Im better at cakes and cooking than pastry lol
Lol, just two years experience. And believe me you can tell the difference between mine and my mum's just by looking at them. But as long as they taste good who cares, innit ;)?

And besides, cakes are tastier :D

muslimah_B
06-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Lol, just two years experience. And believe me you can tell the difference between mine and my mum's just by looking at them. But as long as they taste good who cares, innit ;)?

And besides, cakes are tastier :D
Yea they tasted good, but who wants to eat something that looks deformed haha, i suppose il try then again soon when i can aktually be botherd and be around food without wanting to devour it all lol

darullemon
06-18-2016, 03:35 AM
What's for iftar tonight?

MidnightRose
06-18-2016, 03:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by darullemon
What's for iftar tonight?
Beef ghallaba with lemon juice.

Aisha
06-18-2016, 03:50 AM
Iffits

darullemon
06-18-2016, 03:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by najimuddin
Beef ghallaba with lemon juice.

Will there be something left if i start now?

MidnightRose
06-18-2016, 06:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by darullemon
Will there be something left if i start now?
We can always order more.

darullemon
06-18-2016, 07:16 AM
InshaAllah i thought you made all that at home.

noraina
06-19-2016, 07:38 AM
For iftaar I ate biryani, (unfortunately no pics because I was too busy eating). :D

And watermelon - after stawberries and melons they are my most favourite fruit.

darullemon
06-19-2016, 08:27 AM
I had Biryani and Water melon too..lol..no offence but strawberries are overrated. They are hyped for no reason, they look good but taste little off. Ice cream flavors are good again.

noraina
06-19-2016, 09:45 AM
Overrated??? I don't know how Amreekan ones are, but you probably haven't tasted British strawberries. Nothing compares to them even close. :D

Regrets1
06-19-2016, 02:33 PM
I lovee biryani but unfortunately I didn't have it, I had chicken pilau.
We are all enjoying watermelon :D been having a lot of watermelon these days and they are so nice and juicy as they are out now in season..any fruit that comes out in season is always nice and tasty

darullemon
06-19-2016, 06:56 PM
Fruits are fruits they all taste the same wherever they are from. Except mangoes awesome fruit that is MashaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.