/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan, studying, niqab, full hours [emoji46]

ConcealedGem
05-14-2016, 05:10 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته hope you're all well.

Alhamdulilah not long left till Ramadan, what I've been waiting for since the last day of Ramadan 2015. [emoji322][emoji322] may Allah allow us to experience this Ramadan to the fullest and grant us many more, may he also accept all our ibadah and purify our intentions, ameen.

So I don't normally post threads like this.. :o

But I need some tips/advice.

In Ramadan I have to go in to university and i have full days - basically loads of lectures that day and I start early (9am) and finish late (4/5)

It is very hot here because it's summer and the sun makes me feel dizzy etc. I'm not sure why.

I wear niqab too and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle full days in uni without water and without much space to breathe (tbh), do you lot have any tips or advice?

Also I travel by train and the journey is quite long.

To summarise.. Any tips for
- someone that wears niqab (maybe in terms of suitable clothing ? Idk)
- fasting till really late
- full day studying
- long journey travelling n back

My situation is nothing compared to what others go through alhamdulilah.. سبحان الله people have it tough elsewhere.

Just want advice :)

جزاك اللهُ خير‎

I will keep you in my prayers

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ConcealedGem
05-14-2016, 05:16 PM
So far I've only come up with one solution.

Maybe I need to purchase a water spray for my face aswell.

[emoji55]

strivingobserver98
05-14-2016, 05:35 PM
:wasalam:

That fan idea is cool!

Quick tips
- Avoid running to catch the train. Take the next one.
- Walk in shaded areas eg. under tree, under building. Don't be out in the sun too much.
- Air conditioned class room would be nice, if not keep the room cool and open windows.
- Have plenty of water at intervals after Iftar till suhoor.
- After the long day, take a short nap if needed until Iftar.

When the heat strikes hard keep going, remind your self of Jannah and the rewards of fasting.

Also use the moments when fasting to make supplication:
The Messenger of Allah :saws: said; Three supplications will not be rejected (by Allah :swt:), the supplication of the parent for his child, the supplication of the one who is fasting, and the supplication of the traveler. (Al-Bayhaqi)

Ridwaan Ravat
05-14-2016, 05:55 PM
Assalamualykum.

Firstly, may Allah reward you for all the sacrifice you make.

1. Try and wear light cool clothing which are shariah compliant.

2. During breaks etc sit in secluded areas and remove the niqaab, on condition it is possible.

3. Eat well and wholesome food at sehri, dates are particularly useful for energy.

4. Drink well at sehri and iftaar, it will help you staying hydrated.

5. Have good rest and sleep.

6. Most importantly, read two Rakats daily and ask Allah Ta’ala for assistance.

Jazakallah khair

Request duaas

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
05-14-2016, 06:00 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Allahumma ameen to your duas,

Farhan has given you some good tips ma'sha'Allah, I'm just building up on them :)

1) In terms of the niqab, perhaps wearing one made of more lightweight material? My friend is a niqabi, and she has separate niqabs for summer and winter, apparently they make a real difference, do you wear the flap-type ones? I'll have to ask her what material inshaAllah. I wear a black abaya most of the time, so I understand how sometimes they can really trap the heat.

2) Fasting long hours can be tough in summer. Catch all the sleep you possibly can, exhaustion only increases heat stress. Hydrate yourself well in suhoor and iftar and definitely eat fruits, they break down slowly and should last you a while. Avoid standing out in the sun too long, stick to shaded areas and keep physical exertion to a minimal. I never stand out in the sun during noon.

3) Studying, again sleeping at least five hours is important to keep your mind focused. And whilst you are on the trains or in the classroom, try to ensure you are sitting by a window. Places like these can become unbearably stuffy so try and snatch a window seat whenever you can.

Whenever a believer endures hardship for the sake of Allah swt, the rewards are multiplied countless times alhamdulillah, especially in Ramadan. Make plenty of dua and keep going, may Allah swt make it easy for you and reward you for your efforts. :) Ameen.

sister herb
05-14-2016, 07:53 PM
At the hottiest days I use lightly moistened scarf under the hijab. It keeps my head cool.

strivingobserver98
05-14-2016, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
At the hottiest days I use lightly moistened scarf under the hijab. It keeps my head cool.
Interesting idea!

Maybe you could carry around ice packs and place them under your head :O. Would that work?

sister herb
05-14-2016, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
Interesting idea!

Maybe you could carry around ice packs and place them under your head :O. Would that work?
Ice packs might be too cold on the head. There is no need to freeze your brains. But ice packs under clothes might be good idea too. You just need to remember they are meant for the first aid cases (like for sprains and burns) and don´t keep them in one place too long time.

Bhabha
05-14-2016, 09:15 PM
Are we allowed to freshen our face with hydrating mysts?

ConcealedGem
05-14-2016, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
:wasalam:

That fan idea is cool!

Quick tips
- Avoid running to catch the train. Take the next one.
- Walk in shaded areas eg. under tree, under building. Don't be out in the sun too much.
- Air conditioned class room would be nice, if not keep the room cool and open windows.
- Have plenty of water at intervals after Iftar till suhoor.
- After the long day, take a short nap if needed until Iftar.

When the heat strikes hard keep going, remind your self of Jannah and the rewards of fasting.

Also use the moments when fasting to make supplication:
The Messenger of Allah :saws: said; Three supplications will not be rejected (by Allah :swt:), the supplication of the parent for his child, the supplication of the one who is fasting, and the supplication of the traveler. (Al-Bayhaqi)
Jazakallah khayran.

That really helps.

سبحان الله that hadith, may Allah accept our supplications, Ameen

format_quote Originally Posted by Ridwaan Ravat
Assalamualykum.

Firstly, may Allah reward you for all the sacrifice you make.

1. Try and wear light cool clothing which are shariah compliant.

2. During breaks etc sit in secluded areas and remove the niqaab, on condition it is possible.

3. Eat well and wholesome food at sehri, dates are particularly useful for energy.

4. Drink well at sehri and iftaar, it will help you staying hydrated.

5. Have good rest and sleep.

6. Most importantly, read two Rakats daily and ask Allah Ta’ala for assistance.

Jazakallah khair

Request duaas
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله

Really helpful, in Sha Allah will do, thank you.

format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wa alaykum assalam,

Allahumma ameen to your duas,

Farhan has given you some good tips ma'sha'Allah, I'm just building up on them :)

1) In terms of the niqab, perhaps wearing one made of more lightweight material? My friend is a niqabi, and she has separate niqabs for summer and winter, apparently they make a real difference, do you wear the flap-type ones? I'll have to ask her what material inshaAllah. I wear a black abaya most of the time, so I understand how sometimes they can really trap the heat.

2) Fasting long hours can be tough in summer. Catch all the sleep you possibly can, exhaustion only increases heat stress. Hydrate yourself well in suhoor and iftar and definitely eat fruits, they break down slowly and should last you a while. Avoid standing out in the sun too long, stick to shaded areas and keep physical exertion to a minimal. I never stand out in the sun during noon.

3) Studying, again sleeping at least five hours is important to keep your mind focused. And whilst you are on the trains or in the classroom, try to ensure you are sitting by a window. Places like these can become unbearably stuffy so try and snatch a window seat whenever you can.

Whenever a believer endures hardship for the sake of Allah swt, the rewards are multiplied countless times alhamdulillah, especially in Ramadan. Make plenty of dua and keep going, may Allah swt make it easy for you and reward you for your efforts. :) Ameen.
Allahuma ameen to your sweet dua, thank you :)

Yeah I wear the two piece niqab or flappy niqab whatever you wanna call it. الحمد لله I wear the same type of niqab all year round because it gives a lot of coverage and is perfect for both winter and summer. الحمد لله :) but that sounds good

Thanks sis for the food advice, I'm a bit worried about dehydration however I will make use of my fruits at suhooor and will drink plenty of fluids :)

Really helpful post sis, may Allah reward you immensely

جزاك اللهُ خير‎

muslimah_B
05-14-2016, 10:12 PM
Asalam alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu sis

I also wear niqab, what i do is i try to avoid being outside or in the sun during midday or when the heat is intense...
I wear a overhead jilbab so its just 2 layers over my head, not 3 (underhat,hijab, niqab)
Like someone else also pointed out try a different material niqab i have a chiffon material niqab they are more breathable and light.

Whenever possible where no-one can see you allow your face to get some air.

For under jilbab or abaya i would wear maxi dresses or something very floaty that allows air to pass through when theres a breeze

Oooh a sister i know told me about these hydration tablets or something like that in the chemist and she tried them and apparently they helpd

For suhoor have loadssss of water and fruit to help stay hydrated during the day

nadinesauriol
05-20-2016, 11:26 AM
Hello

1) regarding the niqab, maybe wearing one made of more lightweight material? My companion is a niqabi, and she has separate niqabs for summer and winter, obviously they have a genuine effect, do you wear the fold sort ones? I'll need to ask her what material inshaAllah. I wear a dark abaya more often than not, so I see how once in a while they can truly trap the warmth.

2) Studying, again dozing no less than five hours is critical to keep your psyche centered. What's more, whilst you are on the trains or in the classroom, attempt to guarantee you are perched by a window. Places like these can turn out to be excruciatingly stuffy so attempt and grab a seat by the window at whatever point you can.

3) Fasting extended periods can be extreme in summer. Get all the rest you can, weariness just builds heat stress. Hydrate yourself well in suhoor and iftar and certainly eat organic products, they separate gradually and ought to last you a while. Abstain from emerging in the sun too long, stick to shaded zones and keep physical effort to an insignificant. I never emerge in the sun amid twelve.

At whatever point an adherent perseveres hardship for Allah swt, the prizes are increased endless times alhamdulillah, particularly in Ramadan. Make a lot of dua and continue onward, may Allah swt make it simple for you and prize you for your endeavors.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.