/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Practical Acts to do in Shaaban!

strivingobserver98
05-14-2016, 08:31 PM

We always hear about the virtues of the month of Shaaban, but some people don’t know how to make the best out of it. A group of sisters from Egypt, however, created a plan to help each other maximize their productivity in Shaaban.

This hadith triggered the motivation.

Usamah bin Zaid said: “I said: ‘O Messenger of Allah, I do not see you fasting any month as much as Shaaban.’ He said: ‘That is a month to which people do not pay much attention, between Rajab and Ramadan. It is a month in which the deeds are taken up to the Lord of the worlds, and I like that my deeds be taken up when I am fasting.”‘ [Sunan an-Nasa’i]

What would you do if you found out that your deeds are being raised to Allah subḥānahu wa ta'āla (glorified and exalted be He) to see them throughout this month?

This group of sisters eagerly planned to follow the sunnah of fasting and maximize their productive good deeds.

They’ve created a whatsapp group, in which they help each other do the following daily:

– Reminder of reciting the morning adhkar

– Sending pages of Qur’an for everyone to read.

– Reminder of reciting the evening adhkar

– Around maghrib time: reminder of making dua’ for all Muslims, all oppressed people around the world and all those who’re going through difficulty. Also, each person who needs/have a specific dua’ request asks for it so everyone could make dua’ for them.

– Second reminder for those who didn’t finish their daily Qur’an reading.

– Qur’anic reflections and an open discussion on any matter concerning the religion.

– Reminder of the adhkar before bedtime, recitation of Surat al Mulk and doing wudu’ before going to bed.

– From 2-3 pm & from 10 pm- 12 am: Free time open for bonding, sharing ideas, and supporting anyone who needs help.

Other targets they set for Shaaban:

1- Increase in bonding with parents since it is a way of showing gratitude to Allah subḥānahu wa ta'āla (glorified and exalted be He), and a door to Jannah.

2- Increase in voluntary fasts [at least Mondays, Thursdays and the 13th, 14th, 15th of the Islamic calendar].

3- Maintaining the sunnah prayers.

4- Giving charity, and making lots dua’.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
05-14-2016, 08:31 PM
Infographic:

Umm Abed
05-15-2016, 08:23 AM
:sl:

:ma:that is great, using technology to its best and by helping each other to maintain religious duties, alhamdulillah.

noraina
05-15-2016, 10:26 AM
Productive Muslim is a brilliant site, ma'sha'Allah.

May Allah swt bless these productive sisters for their efforts, technology is just a tool - and when we choose to use it for good it can really benefit the ummah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.