/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal Products

Bhabha
05-14-2016, 09:07 PM
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

In Islam, considering that animal cruelty and the killing of animals, unnecessarily is a sin. Should it not make sense that the purchases that go into our homes, the products we all consume whether it is through make-up, body products, skin, cleaning products, etc. are themselves free from cruelty and harm to animals? For example, there are products that are known for doing direct harm to animals through testing and as such our purchase and the promotion of these products means we are engaging in harming animals.

I would like to present a link from PETA for products that (although not labeled Halal) are themselves halal because they contain no animals and no testing has been done on animals, thus no killing and no mistreatment. It also has a list of products that do testing on animals, and for the ladies who like makeup, MAC does testing and engages in the cruel treatment of animals.

By the way, for people who are interested in developing applications. An application that generates a list of animal-safe products and can show whether the product is safe by scanning it, will undoubtedly be an interesting companion to the Muslim/Vegan/Vegetarian and any person that wishes to ensure their products are safe from harming animals.

The following are lists of CRUELTY-FREE PRODUCTS

MAKE UP
http://www.marcelle.com/en/
http://www.redapplelipstick.com/

Toothpaste, Mouth Wash and Floss companies (the Mouth essentials)
JASON
Tom’s of Maine
Desert Essence
Nature’s Gate
Kiss My Face
Auromere
Vitacare
Eco-Dent
Radius
Hello Products

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimah_B
05-14-2016, 11:41 PM
One day i was trying to find evidences of animals having rights and their rights and whether animal testing was allowed... i didnt come across alot but i read (i cant remember so i cannot quote) that it was permissable for animal experimentation if it is of benifit to people there wasnt like clear cut guidelines as to where the line is drawn as some people argue to test make up and sprays so people dont get rashes or severe side effects etc
I honestly dont believe its right to harm an animal as in actuall fact its torture and they are kept in disgusting conditions which are so appalling and honestly heart breaking

(I just think they should be done on rapists seriel killers and paedophiles, against human rights people scream but they took away other human rights, so before they die they could atleast do something for the good of humanity) (maybe im just old fashioned)

Bhabha
05-15-2016, 12:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_B
One day i was trying to find evidences of animals having rights and their rights and whether animal testing was allowed... i didnt come across alot but i read (i cant remember so i cannot quote) that it was permissable for animal experimentation if it is of benifit to people there wasnt like clear cut guidelines as to where the line is drawn as some people argue to test make up and sprays so people dont get rashes or severe side effects etc
I honestly dont believe its right to harm an animal as in actuall fact its torture and they are kept in disgusting conditions which are so appalling and honestly heart breaking

(I just think they should be done on rapists seriel killers and paedophiles, against human rights people scream but they took away other human rights, so before they die they could atleast do something for the good of humanity) (maybe im just old fashioned)
There are organic products that do not require experimentation. I am talking about products that use animals in order to see if the chemicals used will have side effects on humans, however, considering that humans and animals are different in terms of physiological make up and structure then testing these products on animals is unnecessary harm. If there are alternatives such as natural products that are not harmful to the environment and to animals, I believe it is the duty and obligation of Muslims to ensure they purchase these products and not those that cause harm to animals.

For example, hair products, creams, make up and things like these can be purchased from natural and organic sources that refrain from testing on animals and also from experimenting with chemical products that are harmful to the environment.

muslimah_B
05-15-2016, 12:06 AM
Yeaaa i always check if its been tested on animals and if it has i put it back and find something else...
Unfortunately its becoming hard to find these things as people believe animals are trash and can do whatever they want with them
Its just getting to that point where we all are going to have to make our own products at home (wich i would actually find so fun lol)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bhabha
05-15-2016, 12:28 AM
I have started to slowly switch everything at home into organic products. It's more expensive, but enough guilt tripping the parents will kind of set things in a different path >_>; like for example deodorant, facial products, shampoos and make up. I switched into organic products, I use shea butter, coconut as long as the things are made from natural products. For shampoos, I actually started to make my own shampoo out of a tea drink made with Kambucha (its a culture that makes a delicious drink from green tea) but when it has been sitting too long, it turns into an acidic cider which I used on my hair and wow... it made it so shiny and it looks really nice, has cleaned my scalp and my hair actually stopped falling off from the shampoo I was using before. For make up, I use Marcelle products (they're a little more expensive than mac... but they have not been tested on animals, contain the smallest amount of chemicals and are good for sensitive skin people ).

I'll make a list of good alternatives for the essentials of our lives lol that are free from animal testing little by little :)

muslimah_B
05-15-2016, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
I have started to slowly switch everything at home into organic products. It's more expensive, but enough guilt tripping the parents will kind of set things in a different path >_>; like for example deodorant, facial products, shampoos and make up. I switched into organic products, I use shea butter, coconut as long as the things are made from natural products. For shampoos, I actually started to make my own shampoo out of a tea drink made with Kambucha (its a culture that makes a delicious drink from green tea) but when it has been sitting too long, it turns into an acidic cider which I used on my hair and wow... it made it so shiny and it looks really nice, has cleaned my scalp and my hair actually stopped falling off from the shampoo I was using before. For make up, I use Marcelle products (they're a little more expensive than mac... but they have not been tested on animals, contain the smallest amount of chemicals and are good for sensitive skin people ).

I'll make a list of good alternatives for the essentials of our lives lol that are free from animal testing little by little :)
Oh please do post some of your recipes for shampoo i would love to try them in sha Allah
Il be waiting for the list you provide, i started changing some of the things i use to but sometimes its hard to know which products you can use and which you cant...
Then theres the whole is that bad for me, or wich is better for me

noraina
05-15-2016, 04:25 PM
This is a topic which is overlooked often by Muslims, although is very important, because Allah swt has made us custodians of the earth, it is our duty to protect it and its inhabitants. :)

I try to make a point of getting products which state they haven't been tested on animals.

About organic, there is this company based in Manchester set up by some sisters, it is called Sunnah Skincare, I use their soaps and face products - my skin is really sensitive so I prefer using all-natural products and gosh do they smell good....

muslimah_B
05-15-2016, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
This is a topic which is overlooked often by Muslims, although is very important, because Allah swt has made us custodians of the earth, it is our duty to protect it and its inhabitants. :)

I try to make a point of getting products which state they haven't been tested on animals.

About organic, there is this company based in Manchester set up by some sisters, it is called Sunnah Skincare, I use their soaps and face products - my skin is really sensitive so I prefer using all-natural products and gosh do they smell good....
Oh wow, do they have a website so i can have a look at their products,
i at one point was looking into making my own shampoos, soaps etc but never got round to it, seems like homemade products are getting quite popular, i may have to jump back on that idea lol in sha Allah

noraina
05-15-2016, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_B
Oh wow, do they have a website so i can have a look at their products,
i at one point was looking into making my own shampoos, soaps etc but never got round to it, seems like homemade products are getting quite popular, i may have to jump back on that idea lol in sha Allah
Here it is, http://www.sunnahskincare.co.uk/

muslimah_B
05-15-2016, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Ahhh this is so awesome alhamdulilah :)
Jazakallahu khairn sis xxx

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.