/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos

_E_3
05-15-2016, 08:16 AM
:sl:

I have a few tattoos i got them when i was young and before i was ever muslim
i hate them so much and am worried that when i washu with other Muslim women it might upset them
I know that tattoos arent allowed in Islam
Unsure what i can do about cant afford to get rid of them
i wish i never got them so much regret :embarrass

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
05-15-2016, 08:18 AM
:wa:

Sister, that was in the past so dont worry about them now, you'l be fine.

If its impossible to remove then its ok, leave it.

:)

eesa the kiwi
05-15-2016, 09:16 AM
Plenty of reverts are in this situation so don't sweat it too much
Alhamdulilah I never got any tattoos but I sympathize. Subhannallah if I had have got the ones I wanted to get I would hate it so bad
Be patient sister and never forget dua. Perhaps Allah will provide you a way to get rid of them from where you do not expect

Serinity
05-15-2016, 09:23 AM
:salam:

Just hide the tattoos, don't worry, Allah SWT is a Kind Lord, a Merciful Lord. If it contains any shirk, definitely remove it. In shaa' Allah not shirk.

Since you had it before becoming Muslim, you are forgiven, since everyone who becomes Muslim, has his slate of sins cleansed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
_E_3
05-15-2016, 09:49 AM
my tattoos are on my forearms and one is a pentagram i forgot to say in my post what they are
i dont want to upset any sisters
but thank you sister and brothers

sister herb
05-15-2016, 10:14 AM
Don´t worry sis, you might not be the only revert in your local mosque who has or had tattoos. If someone asks about it, you can always say that you took it before and right now you haven´t enough money to remove it.

_E_3
05-15-2016, 10:30 AM
Thank you sister for replying and your advice
:muslimah:

Misbah0411
05-15-2016, 10:53 AM
You can get them removed through laser surgeries. They are by multiple visits depending how large an area is. Pentagram? Where you a Wiccan at one time?

_E_3
05-15-2016, 01:15 PM
yes i was i got it when i was 18
wish i never bothered getting it and the rest of my tattoos
I didn't practices much i just though it was cool at the time
I cant afford to get them removed its a lot of money that something i dont have as i am disability for my mental health problems
( i see and Hear things and i also get very paranoid and delusional and i have OCD )

muslimah_B
05-15-2016, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _E_
yes i was i got it when i was 18
wish i never bothered getting it and the rest of my tattoos
I didn't practices much i just though it was cool at the time
I cant afford to get them removed its a lot of money that something i dont have as i am disability for my mental health problems
( i see and Hear things and i also get very paranoid and delusional and i have OCD )
Asalam alaykum sis

Before i became muslim i was going to get loads of tatoos lol but then Allah guided me before any of that Alhamdulilah.

Btw i also have mental health (prefer not to say what openly though)
For that pentagram tattoo maybe you could cover it with a plaster or bandage or something that will stay stuck on untill if you ever get the money to have it removed in sha Allah.
(But i would bring spare out to take it off for wudu then replace it agen if need be)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.