/* */

PDA

View Full Version : stressed out because of medical for my disability benefits

_E_3
05-15-2016, 09:28 PM
Am feeling very stressed out i have a disability Benefit ( PIP ) Review am going to a medical for my benefits am very stressed and scared to say or do the wrong thing
( I have mental health problems and i cant leave the house on my own )
Am not going to be on my own i have my other half and an advocate going with me if we dont get the Benefits me and my other half will loses benefits not only the disability benefits but my other half's carers allowance that pays for him to look after me while am ill
The smallest of thing trigger me and upset me ( the fact i had to go to this medical made me want to drink bleach )
my mental health is mostly because of stress but there is some of it from Trauma and grief
I have to see my dr the day before to get a list of what my medication is and that i then see my psych on the 24th
i want to be able to go to the mosque on my own and work with people with mental health problems
am a long way from that hopefully the review and medical goes well
but if its dont am unsure what we are going to do

imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
05-16-2016, 05:18 PM
Asalamualykum my dear sister,

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry about it too much.

Worrying about the review isn't going to change the assessor's decision.

Just speak honestly and truthfully and perhaps write a list of your ongoing health problems and how it affects your day to day life. Not only will you be prepared but you may feel a little less worried and you will also know you have covered every point.

So you could write down A) Your health problem B) How it affects your day-to-day life (emotionally, mentally and financially) C) How it affects your family D) What you have done i.e. visited the doctor/ongoing treatment etc.

That which was narrated by Abu Dawood (5090) and Ahmad (27898) from Abu Bakrah, that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The du’aa’ of the person who is in distress is: ‘Allaahumma rahmataka arjoo fa laa takilni ilaa nafsi tarfat ‘ayn wa aslih li sha’ni kullahu laa ilaaha illa anta (O Allaah, for Your mercy I hope, so do not leave me in charge of my affairs even for the blink of an eye; rectify all my affairs. There is no god except You)’”Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

May Allah swt give you a good outcome and lots of happiness Ameen.

EgyptPrincess
05-16-2016, 05:30 PM
How much money does one get on disability benefit? I think Job Seekers Allowance pays like £80 a week or something. Could you imagine trying to live on £80 a week... madness. Is Disability the same amount?

_E_3
05-16-2016, 06:10 PM
:sl: Thank you sisters for replying
disability for me is £ 110 per week but i get Esa and my husband gets carers allowance on top our rent is payed for us as well
DLA /PIP is meant to help people who are disabled with costs that can occur because of there disability
(some times when am really upset or panicky we would get a taxi home instead of going on the bus )

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
EgyptPrincess
05-16-2016, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _E_
:sl: Thank you sisters for replying
disability for me is £ 110 per week but i get Esa and my husband gets carers allowance on top our rent is payed for us as well
DLA /PIP is meant to help people who are disabled with costs that can occur because of there disability
(some times when am really upset or panicky we would get a taxi home instead of going on the bus )
I guess it's not too bad then if you get your rent paid for you. The rent on some of the houses in London is like £4000 a month, would be nice to have that paid for you haha.

Inshallah your mental well-being becomes easy for you sister. At least I know some of my tax money will be going to helping fellow Muslims who I know are not just spending it on drugs or alcohol lol.

Get well soon sister ;)

_E_3
05-17-2016, 01:51 PM
its tomorrow ...i dont think ill be able to sleep tonight ...dont want to take a big panic attack :slap:
My husband and my dr said it will be fine but if not they can back me up medically with letters from my dr and support worker

muslimah_B
05-17-2016, 02:00 PM
its tomorrow ...i dont think ill be able to sleep tonight ...dont want to take a big panic attack :slap:
My husband and my dr said it will be fine but if not they can back me up medically with letters from my dr and support worker
I have to go to one of those soon aswell i think next month,but mines just for esa and the lowest disability payment they offer im dreading it also my anxiety flares up just thinking about it[emoji33]
In sha Allah it should go well with you
Please let me know how it went

EgyptPrincess
05-17-2016, 02:07 PM
Try to get some rest and just remember tomorrow will soon come and go and it will be behind you. I'll make dua for you Inshallah you don't have a panic attack at the interview :)

EgyptPrincess
05-17-2016, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_B
I have to go to one of those soon aswell i think next month,but mines just for esa and the lowest disability payment they offer im dreading it also my anxiety flares up just thinking about it[emoji33]
In sha Allah it should go well with you
Please let me know how it went
I can't imagine how it must feel to have anxiety or something like this. :nervous: best of luck to you as well sister

muslimah_B
05-17-2016, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
I can't imagine how it must feel to have anxiety or something like this. :nervous: best of luck to you as well sister
Thank youuuu

In sha Allah it all goes well for our beloved sister [emoji173]

_E_3
05-17-2016, 02:29 PM
Thank you sisters
Today am listening to nasheeds ( no music something ill have to get use to ) relaxing having a mug of earl grey tea
Everyone including the cats are sleeping ( got up really early )
this forum i love it you are all Amazing so much support and encouragement my mental health is better when am here talk to other Sisters
and talking about Allah and our faith
Thank you and may Allah bless you all

~ Sabr ~
05-17-2016, 02:33 PM
:salamext:

my mental health is mostly because of stress but there is some of it from Trauma and grief
What do you mean by Mental Health?

_E_3
05-17-2016, 02:45 PM
i mean Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from abuse ( family friends ) losing my step dad to suicide
i have Obsessive competitive Disorder self injury with cutting
drinking and using drugs ( i no longer use drugs or drink ) Eating disorder, hearing voices , seeing things paranoia and delusions
stress makes these worse because of obsestive thinking i have times when i feel like am going to hit someone felt like for years and its one reason why i have to have my husband with me

EgyptPrincess
05-17-2016, 02:49 PM
i mean Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from abuse ( family friends ) losing my step dad to suicide
i have Obsessive competitive Disorder self injury with cutting
drinking and using drugs ( i no longer use drugs or drink ) Eating disorder, hearing voices , seeing things paranoia and delusions
stress makes these worse because of obsestive thinking i have times when i feel like am going to hit someone felt like for years and its one reason why i have to have my husband with me
Damn girl you one messed up cookie lol. Sorry I should not laugh mental health is a serious thing. May Allah make life easier for you. Do you take anti-psychotics or anything?

_E_3
05-17-2016, 02:52 PM
:lol: i feel like what have no got ? my medication are anti psychotics anti depressants and anti anxiety
i take lost of meds but i am getting a reduction when i see my psych

BeTheChange
05-17-2016, 07:10 PM
Asalamualykum sister,

Insha Allah let us know how you get on and know whatever happens tomorrow is with the will of Allah swt and that particular situation that you fin yourself has been decreed by Allah swt.

Sometimes when i am going through a difficult patch i think this test & situation has come from Allah swt and if Allah swt has put me in this situation insha Allah, Allah swt will get me out of the situation.

So please know we ALL go through difficult and stressful situations. I think it is our reactions which define us as individuals don't you think sister?

Prophet Yunus peace & blessing upon him was covered in 3 layers of darkness and subhana Allah, his call was answered by Allah swt.

The darkness of the night sky, the darkness of the sea & the darkness of the whale's stomach. Never think you are alone because this is the whispering of the shaytaan.

attachmentphp?attachmentid5539&ampstc1 -

The above dua is very powerful. Recite laa ilaaha ilaah-antaa subhanaka inee kuntu minad-alee-meen.

May Allah swt bless you with good Ameen.

_E_3
05-17-2016, 07:23 PM
:sl:

i let you all know how it went
going to bed after my last prayer of the night
hopefully i can sleep
i need to sort a few things out like ID and letters i need for the interview ...
before bed
thank you

_E_3
05-18-2016, 09:44 AM
i am so nervous about this i feel shaky had breakfast...feel like am going to be sick +o( ^o)

hisnameiszzz
05-18-2016, 09:53 AM
Let us know how you get on.

BeTheChange
05-18-2016, 10:42 AM
Asalamualykum,

Let us know how you get on sister. We are all thinking of you insha Allah.

& whatever the outcome try & stay positive.

Serinity
05-18-2016, 10:56 AM
:salam:

Try to read the Quran, and do ruqyah. Go outside and exercise.

And Allah SWT knows best.

EgyptPrincess
05-18-2016, 11:24 AM
Inshalllah everything works out and you pass the interview. Whatever happens Allah is wisest

_E_3
05-18-2016, 02:01 PM
it went well ...manged to answer most of the questions i find out if i get it from anywhere from 6-8 weeks

EgyptPrincess
05-18-2016, 02:03 PM
it went well ...manged to answer most of the questions i find out if i get it from anywhere from 6-8 weeks
6 to 8 weeks?! Do they give you money to get you through this time?

_E_3
05-18-2016, 02:28 PM
yes i still get money until the decisions made

EgyptPrincess
05-18-2016, 02:40 PM
That's good then. Inshallah you get accepted. Stay strong sis x

s.ali123
05-18-2016, 09:07 PM
Just stay positive sister :) Remember we all are going through a test. We just need to be strong and positive. Like said in Quran, never to be despair if Allah's mercy :)

hisnameiszzz
05-19-2016, 04:02 PM
Well done you. I hope you get the result you want. If not, you can always appeal the decision but you and your other half will still get JSA/UC so it's not the end of the world.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.