/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lets get healthy together thread

Hopes N Prayers
05-15-2016, 09:59 PM
:sl:

I have been thinking about this for a while and thought i would post it. Are you someone who sets so many goals to become healthy but never works out? Are you someone who needs just a little push? well your in the right place. Many of us including myself spend so much time maybe even hours surfing the internet on how to loose weight fast or watching YouTube videos. But the truth is the only way you can loose weight is to start eating healthy and exercising. So what i was thinking is that if we could (who ever is interested) make a weekly plan. where in the beginning of each week you would check your weight and record it some were. Then as for food if you would like you can post what your ate from breakfast to dinner here , and you would also have to make time for work out. example: Monday 30 cardio (or what ever you choose) Tuesday 15-45 min walking and you would continue like this and you could switch it up a bit. then at the end of one month you can go back to your weight record and see how much you have lost and if you have accomplished you target weight. I feel like this would be a good way for us to help each other out and give each other tips and stuff. Please let me know if this sounds motivating to you i don't want to feel like this was a dumb idea. This also could be a good Ramadan goal:statisfie Just sayin

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BilalKid
05-16-2016, 12:21 AM
eat fruits n veg :shade:

BeTheChange
05-16-2016, 05:52 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

It's a fantastic idea. Jazahka Allah for creating the thread & encouraging everyone to look after their health!

We only start appreciating when our health deteriorates or in old age.

I try and get some exercise on a daily basis but am not feeling too well today so am skipping my workout today.

I'll make up for it when i am well insha Allah.

I believe the recommended daily recommendation is 30 minutes a day for adults.

muslimah_B
05-16-2016, 07:24 PM
This would be awesome

I tried to do a low carb high fat diet and well nothing happend and it just made me sad as i misst so much food

Im not really a vegetable eating person and if i have cooked veg il puke i cant stand them, but i absolutely love fruits, but the diet i was on i couldnt have fruits either.

I read forums after forums of people loosing so much weight after the 1st and 2nd weeks, me now i ended up putting on weight it was a disaster and i was even more sad

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hopes N Prayers
05-16-2016, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_B
I read forums after forums of people loosing so much weight after the 1st and 2nd weeks, me now i ended up putting on weight it was a disaster and i was even more sad
Sister don't feel bad at all. I have gone threw this stage over and over this is why i made this thread so that we can all help each other out and keep motivated. Inshallah i plan on starting my goal today and if you would like we can do it together so that you wont slack of or anything you get what i mean :statisfie

muslimah_B
05-16-2016, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hopes N Prayers
Sister don't feel bad at all. I have gone threw this stage over and over this is why i made this thread so that we can all help each other out and keep motivated. Inshallah i plan on starting my goal today and if you would like we can do it together so that you wont slack of or anything you get what i mean :statisfie
Yeaa that would be great in sha Allah
I have a very bad sweet tooth and love my flat bread and pitta bread lol and curry and rice so honestly any diet for me is disastrous LOL

Hopes N Prayers
05-16-2016, 08:43 PM
I have a very bad sweet tooth
I totally forgot to mention this but every week you are aloud to have ONLY ONE cheat day. A cheat day is when you get to eat what every you choose from outside food to sweets but with in your limits you don't want to ruin your diet. Good luck :D

muslimah_B
05-16-2016, 08:54 PM
I totally forgot to mention this but every week you are aloud to have ONLY ONE cheat day. A cheat day is when you get to eat what every you choose from outside food to sweets but with in your limits you don't want to ruin your diet. Good luck :D
Lol my cheat day is everyday [emoji12]
No but honestly i cant do diets iv tried and failed so many times lol

Hopes N Prayers
05-16-2016, 09:09 PM
No but honestly i cant do diets iv tried and failed so many times
If you tell your self you cant do something then you will never be able to do that thing. Don't start off by dieting I learned this the hard way. Why don't you try healthy eating and portion control. When you decide to eat foods like rice or pasta make sure to measure the size of a cup and fill the other part of your plate with salad or fruits. Once you have got this balanced and feel like you can move on start dieting. I'll give you move ideas about this once you feel ready inshallah:)

MorbidEntree
05-16-2016, 09:16 PM
This is interesting. I will try to get my exercise in at least daily and also try to eat better.

EDIT: I think my only problem will be getting motivation to do it. Also actually making myself eat well will be difficult. Any tips?

muslimah_B
05-16-2016, 09:18 PM
If you tell your self you cant do something then you will never be able to do that thing. Don't start off by dieting I learned this the hard way. Why don't you try healthy eating and portion control. When you decide to eat foods like rice or pasta make sure to measure the size of a cup and fill the other part of your plate with salad or fruits. Once you have got this balanced and feel like you can move on start dieting. I'll give you move ideas about this once you feel ready inshallah:)
In sha Allah il try that
I usually just eat a whole cucumber by itself with dinner sometimes (im weird)
I dont always have rice or pasta, its just that when it comes to certain foods i have to have the rice and pasta with them or it doesnt feel right lol

Hopes N Prayers
05-16-2016, 09:23 PM
Im going for my 30 min walk now Inshallah so @muslimah_B get your shoes on and lets burn some calories ;D (and whoever else wants to join)

muslimah_B
05-16-2016, 09:27 PM
Im going for my 30 min walk now Inshallah so @muslimah_B get your shoes on and lets burn some calories ;D (and whoever else wants to join)
Its too late for me to go out lol il rest for the both of us [emoji12]

Hopes N Prayers
05-16-2016, 09:31 PM
Its too late for me to go out lol il rest for the both of us
ok then start when you can ishallah

Hopes N Prayers
05-16-2016, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MorbidEntree
EDIT: I think my only problem will be getting motivation to do it. Also actually making myself eat well will be difficult. Any tips?
You don't feel motivated stil:hmm: And what do you mean exactly by making yourself eat do you not feel hungry?

MorbidEntree
05-16-2016, 10:01 PM
You don't feel motivated stil:hmm: And what do you mean exactly by making yourself eat do you not feel hungry?
No, I meant that I eat normally, just that it's hard for me to eat healthy.

Hopes N Prayers
05-16-2016, 10:08 PM
The weather so nice it doesn't have to be sunny just to go for a walk

lil sis looking good[emoji23]

_E_3
05-17-2016, 04:58 AM
i need to eat healthy , saying her who had ice cream last night
my drs been trying to get me to lose weight , am getting no where fast
i love going for walks the only problem am finding is that there is a lot of dogs in my area am scared of dogs
cats are better i like meeting cats

Hopes N Prayers
05-17-2016, 07:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by _E_
i need to eat healthy , saying her who had ice cream last night
my drs been trying to get me to lose weight , am getting no where fast
i love going for walks the only problem am finding is that there is a lot of dogs in my area am scared of dogs
cats are better i like meeting cats
Don't make dogs the reason you can't loose weight. I'm the biggest fraddy cat when it comes to dogs. Just ignore them or try taking someone along with you so that when you do happen to encounter a dog just hid behind the person then you'll be safe [emoji1] my neighborhood is full of dogs but that won't stop me

Hopes N Prayers
05-17-2016, 07:39 AM
No, I meant that I eat normally, just that it's hard for me to eat healthy.
Why don't you start out slowly. Start by adding a fruit a day to one of your meals and try out portion control like I said earlier. Quit on all sugary foods until your chosen cheat day and drink lots of Water. This might help you get a Kick start on how healthy eating should look like. I will give you more info once you get started on this inshallah[emoji4] just let me know when your ready I don't want to make this look so hard and make you quite[emoji5]

_E_3
05-17-2016, 08:34 AM
Don't make dogs the reason you can't loose weight. I'm the biggest fraddy cat when it comes to dogs. Just ignore them or try taking someone along with you so that when you do happen to encounter a dog just hid behind the person then you'll be safe [emoji1] my neighborhood is full of dogs but that won't stop me
I LOST 1 KGS my dr weighted i dont know how i done but something must be working
walked to the drs and back today got some shopping as well
my dr told me to get vitamin D as its would help me
I love it when its sunny the beautiful Sun that Allah made so we could live in the light
but the only thing i have a problem with is that my medication makes me burn

Umm Abed
05-17-2016, 08:48 AM
Use a sunhat and sunglasses and enjoy the sunshine:).

Search
05-17-2016, 02:46 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful)

Yup, I have a tip: My first tip is to think of yourself as being what you eat. Everything that you eat goes to everything in your body - your hair, your nails, your skin, etc. Do you want glowing healthy-looking skin? Do you want a full head of hair? Do you want nice nails? If those things matter to you, then you should definitely pay attention to eating healthy. Lol, hope that motivated you!

The truth is If we look great, we feel great. We have this self-confidence about us. We should never be vain. That said, even in Islam, we're supposed to eat healthy - for example, Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “There is no vessel which the son of Adam can fill that is worse than his stomach, for it is enough for him to take a few bites in order to straighten his back. Yet if he is overcome by appetite, then he may fill it with a third of food, a third of drink, and a third of breath.

And self-confidence in any human being is the most beautiful thing and makes a person that is not typically physically attractive look very attractive to the eye of any beholder; and that self-confidence can come about if we know we're doing right by ourselves.

This is interesting. I will try to get my exercise in at least daily and also try to eat better.

muslimah_B
05-17-2016, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search

Yup, I have a tip: My first tip is to think of yourself as being what you eat. Everything that you eat goes to everything in your body - your hair, your nails, your skin, etc. Do you want glowing healthy-looking skin? Do you want a full head of hair? Do you want nice nails? If those things matter to you, then you should definitely pay attention to eating healthy. Lol, hope that motivated you!

The truth is If we look great, we feel great. We have this self-confidence about us. We should never be vain. That said, even in Islam, we're supposed to eat healthy - for example, Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “There is no vessel which the son of Adam can fill that is worse than his stomach, for it is enough for him to take a few bites in order to straighten his back. Yet if he is overcome by appetite, then he may fill it with a third of food, a third of drink, and a third of breath.

And self-confidence in any human being is the most beautiful thing and makes a person that is not typically physically attractive look very attractive to the eye of any beholder; and that self-confidence can come about if we know we're doing right by ourselves.
Cakes look and taste delicious though (sorry LOL)

Search
05-17-2016, 02:51 PM

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

Sister, never ever starve yourself. What's the point of going on a diet if you feel miserable? Even if you manage to lose weight, you're not going to feel good about it and it's not going to be sustainable either for the long-term.

I think the point should always be to eat what you want but in moderation and also to try to make healthier choices as much as possible and of course to get whatever exercise you can eat, even if it is at home. Now, there's so many YouTube videos on exercises that you can do or follow or challenges that you can find online that works for you and is doable. And always start small.

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

This would be awesome

I tried to do a low carb high fat diet and well nothing happend and it just made me sad as i misst so much food

Im not really a vegetable eating person and if i have cooked veg il puke i cant stand them, but i absolutely love fruits, but the diet i was on i couldnt have fruits either.

Search
05-17-2016, 02:55 PM

Lol, yeah, I know what you mean. I just ate a big bar of chocolate, and it was a guilty pleasure. But the truth is that I do try to eat healthy. Chocolate is my one vice, God forgive me.

Cakes look and taste delicious though (sorry LOL)

muslimah_B
05-17-2016, 02:57 PM

Sister, never ever starve yourself. What's the point of going on a diet if you feel miserable? Even if you manage to lose weight, you're not going to feel good about it and it's not going to be sustainable either for the long-term.

I think the point should always be to eat what you want but in moderation and also to try to make healthier choices as much as possible and of course to get whatever exercise you can eat, even if it is at home. Now, there's so many YouTube videos on exercises that you can do or follow or challenges that you can find online that works for you and is doable. And always start small.

Well I try not to starve myself anymore i suffer from chronic migraines so when im hungry it makes them even worse.
I have tried to eat more fruit as i do love fruit but eating healthy has become so expensive its unbelievable, while all my snacks are so affordable LOL

muslimah_B
05-17-2016, 02:59 PM

Lol, yeah, I know what you mean. I just ate a big bar of chocolate, and it was a guilty pleasure. But the truth is that I do try to eat healthy. Chocolate is my one vice, God forgive me.

Desserts are mine, i just cant go without a sweet treat after dinner or i feel weird lol

Search
05-17-2016, 03:00 PM

Yeah, lol,
tell me about it; it's so true. The unhealthy snacks are so inexpensive compared to fruits and veggies. (Sighs.) I wish it was the opposite. Is there like a farmer's market-type place near you or mini-food market-type places? If so, you can get better deals there.

Well I try not to starve myself anymore i suffer from chronic migraines so when im hungry it makes them even worse.
I have tried to eat more fruit as i do love fruit but eating healthy has become so expensive its unbelievable, while all my snacks are so affordable LOL

noraina
05-17-2016, 04:31 PM
I try to exercise for an hour daily (been a little lazy these past few days tho), although I am just ever so slightly underweight.

No idea why, I do like my fruits but I'm a chocolate addict lol, my eating habits aren't very good at all - want to correct them inshaAllah.

muslimah_B
05-17-2016, 04:47 PM

Yeah, lol,
tell me about it; it's so true. The unhealthy snacks are so inexpensive compared to fruits and veggies. (Sighs.) I wish it was the opposite. Is there like a farmer's market-type place near you or mini-food market-type places? If so, you can get better deals there.

Il try and find one in sha Allah, i just have bad experiences in those places of feeling like "why are you here" or "i dont want to serve you" type of vibes off people its quite frankly not nice.
So i just stick to supermarkets where people are a bit nicer and i can fill my trolley with my snacks and feel happy lol

Hopes N Prayers
05-17-2016, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the awesome tips sis @Search these should be very helpful and motivating to people inshallah :thumbs_up

BeTheChange
05-20-2016, 09:18 PM
Asalamualykum,

I walked for two hours in total today.

1 hour to work and 1 hour back from work Alhamdulilah.

I can't always do this because it's usually always raining.

Alhamdulilah for the opportunity.

May Allah swt give us physical strength Ameen.

Hopes N Prayers
05-23-2016, 07:47 AM
Went on a school trip and walked 3 Hours[emoji44] my feet were so soar I had to drag them[emoji55] don't ask how I survived took a nap for 4 hours[emoji99][emoji1]

Bhabha
05-23-2016, 09:12 AM
Squats. Random squats and jumping around randomly is good too [emoji39]

BeTheChange
05-30-2016, 12:27 PM
Asalamualykum,

I went for a 2 hour walk/jog this morning in the countryside.

Alhamdulilah the sun was beaming and i've managed to overcome my fear of dogs.

Alhamdulilah.

noraina
05-30-2016, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Asalamualykum,

I went for a 2 hour walk/jog this morning in the countryside.

Alhamdulilah the sun was beaming and i've managed to overcome my fear of dogs.

Alhamdulilah.
Wa alaykum assalam,

Ma'sha'Allah, that sounds wonderful.

I enjoy going on long walks myself in the countryside, nearby there are rose gardens and fields filled with fluffy sheep, alhamdulillah so peaceful.

I think walks not only physically keep you healthy, but also mentally reenergise you and lower your stress levels, especially in quiet places with lots of trees and greenery. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.