/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A glowing tribute of a husband for his deceased wife

Khalid Saifullah
05-16-2016, 01:06 PM
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem

اَللّٰهُمَّ لَكَ الْحَمْدُ فِيْ بَلَآئِكَ وَصَنِيْعِكَ اِلىٰ خَلْقِكَ، وَلَكَ الْحَمْدُ فِي بَلَآئِكَ وَصَنِيْعِكَ اِلىٰۤ اَهْلِ بُيُوْتِنَا، وَلَكَ الْحَمْدُ فِيْ بَلَآئِكَ وَصَنِيْعِكَ اِلىٰۤ اَنْفُسِنَا خَاصَّةً، وَلَكَ الْحَمْدُ بِمَا هَدَيْتَنَا، وَلَكَ الْحَمْدُ بِمَا اَكْرَمْتَنا وَلَكَ الْحَمْدُ بِمَا سَتَرْتَنَا وَلَكَ الْحَمْدُ بِالْقُرْاٰنِ، وَلَكَ الْحَمْدُ بِالْاَهْلِ وَالْمَالِ، وَلَكَ الْحَمْدُ بِالْمُعَافَاةِ، وَلَكَ الْحَمْدُ حَتّٰى تَرْضٰى، وَلَكَ الْحَمْدُ اِذَا رَضِيْتَ يَا اَهْلَ التَّقْوٰى وَاَهْلَ الْمَغْفِرَةِ.

O Allah, all praises are due to You in Your test and doings with Your creation. All praises are due to You with Your test and doings with our household. All praises are due to You in Your test and doings specifically with our selves. All Praise is due to You for having guided us. Praise is due to You for having honoured us. Praise is due to You for covering our faults. Praise is due to You on account of the Holy Qur-aan and praise is due to You for the family and wealth (You bestowed on us). Praise is due to You for having granted us safety and praise be to You until You are pleased. May praises be for You when You become pleased, O The One Who ought to be feared and The -One Who is worthy of forgiving (sins). [Al-Hizbul Azam Dua No.30]

Introduction

On Sunday 01 Sha’baan 1437 corresponding with the 08 May 2016 we met in a fatal accident on the N3 near Hillcrest. My beloved wife and son passed away in the accident and my eldest daughter were seriously injured. She lost her left arm and broke her left leg. May Allah Ta’ala make all our maghfirat and grant the marhomeen the highest stages in Jannatul Firdaus. Aameen.

My respected and honourable ustaadh, Hadhrat Mufti Ebraheem Salehjee Saahib (db) suggested that I write a few lines about my beloved wife and the manner in which she left this world with this hope that it may be an inspiration for us all.

This wonderful woman who was a great gift and bounty from Allah Ta’ala blessed me with immense happiness and support throughout my married life. She was my backbone and was always there to help me and support me in all my Deeni endeavours. She had so many sterling qualities that it will not be possible for me to innumerate all of it in this short article. However, I will try to mention some of the things she had done in the last few days of her life which I hope will be an inspiration for us all.

Tahjjaud Salaah and Dua

In the last mastooraat program held in Isipingo Beach, Hadhrat Mufti Saahib (daamat barakaatuhu) had encouraged the ladies and children to wake up for Tahajjud Salaah. Since that day she was consistently waking up every day, performing lengthy rakaats of Tahajjud Salaah and making lengthy duas. Jokingly I asked her, “Very long duas you making! I hope you making dua for me and your children also.” She laughed and said to me, “I always make dua for you and your madrasah work and every day I make dua for my children.” I then told her, make special dua for your son because in this day and age bringing up boys is not so easy. So she replied to me that I make six duas for my son every day. When I asked her what duas she makes for her son, she told me that I make the following six duas for him every day. The first two duas are the duas which Hadhrat Mufti Saahib (db) had told us to make for them and the other four I have added from my own side.

1. Allah Ta’ala unku ache ghar naseeb farmaye. (May Allah Ta’ala grant him a good home) (This was the dua of Hadhrat Moulana In’aamaul Hasan Saahib (rahmatullahi alayh). Hadhrat Mufti Saahib (db) explained that this is a very jaami (comprehensive) dua and has many meanings. It means that Allah Ta’ala must bless him with a good home in this world, a good spouse, a good home in the qabar and a good home in the Aakhirah.

2. Allah Ta’ala hara lokho haate kaam pare. (May Allah Ta’ala always keep him in contact with good people). This is a dua in Gujrati that the old people used to make for their children. Throughout our lives, we come into contact with different people whether at home or on travel hence the need to always be in contact with good people.

[The following 4 duas are her own duas]

3. That Allah Ta’ala must make him a Jayyid Haafiz, a Qari and a practicing Aalim who will serve the Deen of Allah Ta’ala with ikhlaas till his last moments.

4. That Allah Ta’ala must make him perform all his salaah with jamaat in the first saff.

5. That Allah Ta’ala must always keep him in the company of the Awliyaa of the time.

6. That Allah Ta’ala must save him from ever having love for SPORTS in his heart.

Gheebat

An amazing quality in her life with me was that she hardly ever used to make gheebat. If I had to bring up a topic and start speaking something bad about someone she would immediately stop me and say, “Why are you talking about that person? Aapre to whadaare kharaab che? (we are much worse than them).” I eventually became very apprehensive to speak anything negative about anyone in front of her. She was very careful of her tongue and would not quickly blurt out things. Even if someone in some way ridiculed her, she would brush it off with a sweet smile. Our senior Ulama have mentioned that if someone is careful of the use of the tongue, Allah Ta’ala will bless them with a good death.

Purdah

Al-hamdulillah she was very conscious of purdah and would never interact freely with ghair mahram men even her brothers-in-law and cousins. She always donned a burqah on top of her cloak and wore a double flap purdah. She hated it when young girls wore indecent clothing beneath their cloaks. On one occasion I remember her shouting her niece for wearing a jeans under her cloak. She made her immediately go and change her clothing and asked her to wear loose fitting trousers under her cloak.

Preparation for Maut

By the grace of Allah Ta’ala she had no Qadha fasts or Qadha salaahs outstanding. After the month of Ramadhaan, she would make a note of all her missed fasts and write it down on her dressing table cupboard. Most of the time in the month of Shawwaal she would complete all her Qadhas. In-fact, just before she passed away, on our way to Umhlanga where we were supposed to have a family program and I was supposed to give a small talk, she suggested to me to speak about the importance of completing ones qadha rozas before the month of Ramadhaan as it is sometimes delayed right until the end of Sha’baan.

She had also paid all her debts for pastries, meats, etc. and was not owing any money to anyone.

Her love for Ulama and students of Deen

She always had a deep love for our Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen and the students of the madrasah. She always told me that whenever you want to bring Ulama home, please bring them and I will happily feed them. She had a very soft spot especially for the madrasah students and would make a point of always calling them home regularly and feeding them. She especially would feel very sorry for the foreign hifz students at the madrasah and would ask me to take sweets and food for them on special occasions like Eid, Aashurah, Ramadhaan, etc.

Her muhabbat and respect for Hadhrat Mufti Saahib (daamat barkaatuhu)

This she mentioned to me on several occasions, “If ever Hadhrat Mufti Saahib needs any khidmat, you must immediately carry it out for him. If he needs to go anywhere put his work ahead of my work. She was very passionate about the Ramadhaan Khanqah and would make all the arrangements for the meals at Hadhrat’s khanqah by phoning the local ladies and drawing up a roster for the iftaar at the masjid. When it was her turn she would be very excited and would go out of her way to prepare lavishly for the meal. I would sometimes scold her and tell her that she is over doing it but her standard reply would be, “These are my mehmaan and I will prepare for them how I want.”

In the month of Ramadhaan, Allah Ta’ala blessed me a few times to join Hadhrat Mufti Saahib (db) to go for Umrah. I always asked her to tell me what she wanted from Makkah Shareef and Madinah Shareef so that I could buy it for her. Her standard reply used to be, “I don’t want anything. I only want you to stay at Hadhrat’s side and make his khidmat. Just stay with Hadhrat and look after him.”

At the Madrasah there are always visitors and many times they come unannounced. She would tell me, “Please tell Hadhrat Mufti Saahib that if ever he needs to feed any mehmaan he must just send them home without even informing me. If he needs tea and samoosas to be sent to the office I will willing make it and send it.” This quality Alhamdulillah is found in all her sisters where they enjoy feeding and looking after guests.

Khidmat for her parents

Alhamdulillah in this aspect also, she used to go out of her way to take care of her parents just like the rest of her sisters, her brother and her sister-in-law. Her mother and father have been ill from some time and she would regularly go to Verulam and help them out as best as she could. In December her father was diagnosed with cancer and had to be operated on immediately. Alhamdulillah she stayed for six weeks with them in December and took good care of them during that period. Whenever she went to Verulam she had a habit of rubbing her father’s feet and massaging them. Being a diabetic his feet always swell up and every night without fail she would use arnica oil and rub it for him.

In this last week before she passed away she was making lots of fikr for her mother’s Ramadhaan preparations. The whole week she was preparing the filling, etc. and had all the samoosas filled by one on the local ladies in Isipingo Beach for her mother. Indeed she was loved dearly by her parents and would go out of her way to help them.

Her interaction with her in-laws

In the 17 years that I am married to her, she has never once had a fight with my mother or my sisters. She always treated my parents very well. The house we are
living in belongs to her. It was a gift that her father had given to her when we got married, yet she always made my parents feel very welcome in her home. When we extended the house, she once told my father, “Papa we made this section especially for you and mummy to come and live with us.” She told me to make a set of keys for the house and give it to my father and tell him that whenever he wants to come and stay at the house he may do so at his leisure. He must never ask that he wants to come and stay.

The day before she passed away, we went to Estcourt and spent the night by my parents. I was not so keen on going but SHE insisted that we must go as my parents are leaving for Umrah the next day. She phoned my mother and told her not to make supper. My father wanted to eat fish curry and rotla hence she prepared the fish, made the rotlas and took it to Estcourt for Supper. My father really enjoyed it and thanked her for making it for him.
Before leaving home she made a whole lot of Ramadhaan savouries for my parents. She told my mother, “Mummy you go nicely for Umrah and don’t worry about your savouries.” That night she offered to help my mother pack her bags. She sat till quite late in my mother’s room and helped her with her luggage and packing. In the morning she quickly helped her pack her pad-kos into the cooler bags and packed them into the car. My mother really loved her and took her like her own daughter.

Her obedience to her husband

This year whilst speaking to the Dorah Hadeeth students at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, I mentioned to them that I am married now for 17 years and I am still on Honey-Moon. In this statement of mine there was no word of lie. Really, she was an excellent wife to me. Every day she would cook up delicious meals for me and have them hot and ready at meals times. She never was an impediment in any of my Deeni works and she used to say this to me as well, “Insha Allah I will never become an obstruction in any of your Deeni works. If ever you need to go anywhere you may go with pleasure as I know I will also receive an equal share in the sawaab.”

The night before she passed away, I was so happy with her in the manner she conducted herself with my parents that when I came into the room to sleep, I said to her, “How can I ever thank you for doing so much for my parents? You make me so happy.” I then looked up towards the sky and said to Allah Ta’ala over 10 times, “O Allah I am happy with her, You be happy with her. O Allah! I am pleased with her, please You be pleased with her.” I continued making dua for her and she kept on smiling at me. It is mentioned in one Hadith that if a woman’s husband is happy with her she is a guaranteed Jannati.

Her children

She always took good care of my children and passed on good values to them. She was extremely particular about their salaah and would always make sure she woke them up at the time of Fajar. She was also very careful never to send them anywhere without parental supervision. Often their khalas and fois would request the children to come for holiday but she would never allow them if she was not present. This was because once Hadhrat Mufti Saahib (db) advised us not to send them anywhere without parental supervision. She was also very particular about ta’leem at home. The Thursday before she passed away, I was gone to Umlazi for a program and came back late after Esha. I walked into the house only to find my whole family sitting together reciting Durood Shareef and Fazaail-e-Aamaal. After we completed the recitation of durood, she asked me to make dua. I told her that she must make the dua. She gave me a stiff look and said, “Stop showing off now and make the dua.” Alhamdulillah, we made lots of dua together as a family and amongst the duas we made one dua was that Allah Ta’ala blesses us all with shahaadat and Jannatul Firdaus. Insha Allah, Allah Ta’ala accepted this dua in her favour.

Her family

She loved her family and extended family very much. She was extremely happy the weekend before she passed away to have spent the weekend at her mamajees farm in Camperdown with her mamajee, her 2 maamies, her khaalas and some of her cousins. They all got along so well together that its hard in this day and age to find cousins and families that have so much of muhabbat and love. May Allah Ta’ala increase their muhabbat.

Her Maut

Death is a reality and everyone has to drink from the cup of death. At the appointed time no one, and simply no one is able to delay the appointed time. For her I am really happy that Allah Ta’ala blessed her with shahhadat. What gives me the greatest solace is that she repeatedly recited the kalimah over and over again before she fell unconscious. When her janaazah was brought into the room and her face was opened up, everyone in the room saw her face shining radiantly with noor. She had such a smile on her face on that day that in my entire life I never saw her smile so broadly like the smile she had on that day. At the time of ghusal, her Shahaadat finger was stuck in the position facing towards the sky as one does in Tashah-hud. May Allah Ta’ala make her maghfirat, be pleased with her and grant her and her son the highest stages in Jannatul Firdaus. Aameen.

Ml Ismail Bayat

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.