/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where are the brothers for their brothers?

Insaanah
05-17-2016, 01:30 PM
:salam:

One of our brothers here has mentioned on a number of occasions how helpful members here have been with regards to the ongoing problems he has been and is facing and has posted about here. However, all the people who have gone out of their way to reach out to him, or help him, have been sisters. Where are the brothers? Why can't brothers go out of their way to be there for their brother in his times of need in the same way?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimah_B
05-17-2016, 01:42 PM
I think women are more helpfull in nature, and respond better to people who need help.
As to where they are, no idea sleeping, on the ps4 ?
But I guess now youv called them out they will suddenly appear here now [emoji53]

strivingobserver98
05-17-2016, 01:43 PM
:wasalam:

Sisters are more caring, affectionate, understanding by nature I guess.

Brothers we need to rise up! :D

strivingobserver98
05-17-2016, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_B
As to where they are, no idea sleeping, on the ps4 ?
More like bread winning :).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
05-17-2016, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
*ahem ahem* Women go to work too you know! :embarrass

muslimah_B
05-17-2016, 02:22 PM
Im sorry but we (all sisters) know you mean sitting on the couch eating your "winning bread" sandwiches

sister herb
05-17-2016, 03:06 PM
I think that women have been grown with empathy and this is common in every cultures. Taking care of others is one of the most common characteristics that women hoped to have. How much of kind of feature is congenital and much is learned, is the other thing.

Serinity
05-17-2016, 03:12 PM

Women are more in contact with their emotions. As for men, they are more on their minds. I think.

EgyptPrincess
05-17-2016, 03:15 PM
I think it's widely accepted that women (mothers) are generally more caring, compassionate, understanding and tolerant and the man (father) is stronger, resilient and have greater control over their emotions. I think this is why in the west when a husband and wife divorce, the child automatically, by default, goes to the mother. Unless of course there are extenuating circumstances.

Generally speaking women are more suited to raising the child then men. This of course does not mean that there are some incredible fathers out there and some terrible mothers.

EgyptPrincess
05-17-2016, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

Women are more in contact with their emotions. As for men, they are more on their minds. I think.
Yep. Perhaps this is why a lot of the politicians, generals, leaders etc are men. They're just better at critical thinking.

Serinity
05-17-2016, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
Yep. Perhaps this is why a lot of the politicians, generals, leaders etc are men. They're just better at critical thinking.
This is why the leader position is for the males. ;)

That is how Allah SWT created us. All the prophets AS are males, as they needed be.

EgyptPrincess
05-17-2016, 03:33 PM
This is why the leader position is for the males. ;)

That is how Allah SWT created us. All the prophets AS are males, as they needed be.
Grrr :raging: :) Women can lead also but generally speaking, men are better decision makers.

Serinity
05-17-2016, 03:50 PM
Grrr :raging: :) Women can lead also but generally speaking, men are better decision makers.
It'd be a disaster for women to be a leader. And there is a hadith where The Prophet SAW said that the nation who appoints a woman as their leader, they'll never prosper.

Leadership is man's field.

And Allah SWT knows best.

EgyptPrincess
05-17-2016, 04:03 PM
It'd be a disaster for women to be a leader. And there is a hadith where The Prophet SAW said that the nation who appoints a woman as their leader, they'll never prosper.

Leadership is man's field.

And Allah SWT knows best.
Margaret Thatcher was one of the best prime ministers the UK ever had. She pulled the UK out of a never ending spiral of coal mining. She made the toughest decisions and she did so with courage and conviction. The British Empire (largest in the world) was ruled in part by Queens, mostly kings but also Queens.

Woman can lead and it's been proven.

Anyway when I have a family I'll be the leader, ain't no man telling me what to do ;D

Serinity
05-17-2016, 04:28 PM
Margaret Thatcher was one of the best prime ministers the UK ever had. She pulled the UK out of a never ending spiral of coal mining. She made the toughest decisions and she did so with courage and conviction. The British Empire (largest in the world) was ruled in part by Queens, mostly kings but also Queens.

Woman can lead and it's been proven.

Anyway when I have a family I'll be the leader, ain't no man telling me what to do ;D
But a nation that appoints a woman as their leader won't prosper.

It is in a hadith.

for men to take the duties of women, and women the duties of man, in such a way, the women become masculine and men feminine. Would be a disaster.

EgyptPrincess
05-17-2016, 04:40 PM
But a nation that appoints a woman as their leader won't prosper.

It is in a hadith.

It'd be very disgusting for the men and the women to switch roles.
I just told you Margaret Thatcher was a prime minister which means she was appointed and she rescued the UK from uncontrollable debt and a crumbling economy. I'd the the UK is pretty well off lol. We have prospered very much. She also lead the Falklands war which was a decisive victory for the UK... The hadith you're talking about, is it even authentic? Or one you just stumbled across on Google?

As for switching roles, some women just don't like men being in charge... If my husband tried bossing me around he'd get a serious wake up call :Emoji7:

Muezzin
05-17-2016, 04:42 PM
Are we not going a little bit off-topic?

Serinity
05-17-2016, 04:45 PM
I just told you Margaret Thatcher was a prime minister which means she was appointed and she rescued the UK from uncontrollable debt and a crumbling economy. I'd the the UK is pretty well off lol. We have prospered very much. She also lead the Falklands war which was a decisive victory for the UK... The hadith you're talking about, is it even authentic? Or one you just stumbled across on Google?

As for switching roles, some women just don't like men being in charge... If my husband tried bossing me around he'd get a serious wake up call :Emoji7:
your post stinks of unislamic nature, I feel.

anyways:

https://islamqa.info/en/3285

EgyptPrincess
05-17-2016, 04:50 PM
your post stinks of unislamic nature, I feel.

anyways:

https://islamqa.info/en/3285

I'm simply asking if it's an authentic hadith as not all hadiths are authentic.

anatolian
05-17-2016, 04:51 PM
Yeah..I didnt even understand what is the OP trying to say? Who needs help? :?

muslimah_B
05-17-2016, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Yeah..I didnt even understand what is the OP trying to say? Who needs help? :?
There was a brother who was on the forum for some time who needed help, with some issues,
He then posted today that he felt like it was time for him to leave as he felt a bit off and negative towards threads (maybe a case of low emaan) (Allah knows best) and was thanking certain people who had helped him through his ruff times and all names mentioned were sisters no brothers.

The op is mentioning that why is it that brothers arent helping their brothers out when they need help, when only sisters went out of their way to assist the brother with whatever advice and help he needed

In sha Allah i have that right

anatolian
05-17-2016, 05:08 PM
There was a brother who was on the forum for some time who needed help, with some issues,
He then posted today that he felt like it was time for him to leave as he felt a bit off and negative towards threads (maybe a case of low emaan) (Allah knows best) and was thanking certain people who had helped him through his ruff times and all names mentioned were sisters no brothers.

The op is mentioning that why is it that brothers arent helping their brothers out when they need help, when only sisters went out of their way to assist the brother with whatever advice and help he needed

In sha Allah i have that right
Thanks sis. Yes I understood that :) What I didnt understand who specifically needs help and which thread is this? I personally try to help people here as much as I can.

muslimah_B
05-17-2016, 05:10 PM
Thanks sis. Yes I understood that :) What I didnt understand who specifically needs help and which thread is this? I personally try to help people here as much as I can.
Alhamdulilah

This is the thread in sha Allah

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...k-goodbye.html

sister herb
05-17-2016, 05:22 PM
I understood well the meaning of this thread and the first post but I didn´t understand why members suddenly started to talk about Margaret Thatcher and Falkland war. Could you be more careful at the future and try your best to stay in topic?

anatolian
05-17-2016, 05:29 PM
Well. I have just read the thread and I dont think he is some one who seeks for any help. He has made a decision and just announces it. All I can say is goodbye..Aleikum Salam...

muslimah_B
05-17-2016, 05:30 PM
Well. I have just read the thread and I dont think he is some one who seeks for any help. He has made a decision and just announces it. All I can say is goodbye..Aleikum Salam...
I think they mean his old posts, im not sure wich they are as im still new to the forum lol

sister herb
05-17-2016, 05:38 PM
OP didn´t mention who is this brother. I think we can discuss about this matter also in the general level. No need to go to person.

muslimah_B
05-17-2016, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
OP didn´t mention who is this brother. I think we can discuss about this matter also in the general level. No need to go to person.
Well i do agree that whenever i have seen threads asking for help, the majority if not all responders are sisters.
Not sure why
Maybe the brothers can answer for themselves?
I still stand by them sleeping or playing ps4 tbh [emoji53]

Alpha Dude
05-17-2016, 06:16 PM
I think this is a bit of an unfair assessment. The brother in question only named the people who he feels helped he most. I'm quite sure there were numerous brothers who offered him advice. Perhaps the sisterly approach to and tone of advice was something that they're more receptive to.

Aisha
05-17-2016, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I think this is a bit of an unfair assessment. The brother in question only named the people who he feels helped he most. I'm quite sure there were numerous brothers who offered him advice. Perhaps the sisterly approach to and tone of advice was something that they're more receptive to.
^This.
Just to point out that I discovered he has the same illness I've been battling for the last six years and have lost half my guts due to it.. Tried to make him see sense and go to the doctor or hospital. Not sure if I was particularly successful so if anyone is in touch, do mention it to him.

Eric H
05-17-2016, 06:25 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Insaanah;

Many of these threads are in the advice section, and I am not allowed to respond, so I tend not to look at them. On rare occasions I have sent a pm, but don't feel comfortable doing this.

Blessings,

Eric

Umm Abed
05-17-2016, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Insaanah;

Many of these threads are in the advice section, and I am not allowed to respond, so I tend not to look at them. On rare occasions I have sent a pm, but don't feel comfortable doing this.

Blessings,

Eric
Why arent you allowed to respond?

strivingobserver98
05-17-2016, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Why arent you allowed to respond?
Only members with "Islam" on religion are allowed to respond there currently. We have members asking for advice on deep Islamic issues.

As the section is more open, for example non Muslim may give good advice on something like "Gaining better relationship with parents". So maybe :ia: in future can be considered to remove restriction.

Umm Abed
05-17-2016, 06:32 PM
Only members with "Islam" on religion are allowed to respond there currently. We have members asking for advice on deep Islamic issues. As the section is more open, for example non Muslim may give beneficial advice on something like "Gaining better relationship with parents". So maybe :ia: in future can be considered to remove restriction.
Ive learnt something new. Yes maybe something can be done about it.

Jazakallah for explaining.

Eric H
05-17-2016, 10:12 PM
Greetings and peace be with you farhan;

Only members with "Islam" on religion are allowed to respond there currently. We have members asking for advice on deep Islamic issues.

As the section is more open, for example non Muslim may give good advice on something like "Gaining better relationship with parents". So maybe :ia: in future can be considered to remove restriction.
I am coming to understand that I have had some profound experiences in life. On two occasions I came into contact with people in the process of committing suicide. On both occasions these people had suffered horrible things, and it was only in coming to terms with forgiving their oppressor, that they found the will to live.

I believe I was unfairly sacked five years ago, and just to make sure I have forgiven them, I have now done about fifteen hundred hours of voluntary work for the people who gave me the sack.

I was diagnosed with a life threatening cancer, and the prayer for the wisdom, peace and the strength to do God's will, has allowed me to live in peace with my cancer for the last five years.

Having survived 31 years of marriage, and all the struggles that go with it, I believe I can also give encouraging help to others struggling with marriage.

Being a street pastor, and on a number of occasions; walking in the middle of a dozen people punching the living daylights out of each other. Searching for peace can be a challenging process.

I have played a significant role in helping three homeless people of the streets. It was very difficult for me to understand; that some people choose to be homeless. I am volunteering in a homeless shelter that is opening in a couple of weeks, I have learned a lot form homeless people.

Thanks for running a very well moderated forum, I have enjoyed the last eleven years, people have been friendly and helpful.

Blessings

Eric

ardianto
05-17-2016, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

One of our brothers here has mentioned on a number of occasions how helpful members here have been with regards to the ongoing problems he has been and is facing and has posted about here. However, all the people who have gone out of their way to reach out to him, or help him, have been sisters. Where are the brothers? Why can't brothers go out of their way to be there for their brother in his times of need in the same way?
:wasalam:

Different problem need different solution, and I do not always have idea of solution. That's why I give advice only for some problems. If I didn't try to help that brother, it's because I had no idea of solution that I could offer to him.

~ Sabr ~
05-18-2016, 07:58 AM
Provide the hadith :ia:

s.ali123
05-18-2016, 07:48 PM
Well i do agree that whenever i have seen threads asking for help, the majority if not all responders are sisters.
Not sure why
Maybe the brothers can answer for themselves?
I still stand by them sleeping or playing ps4 tbh [emoji53]
Lol at least I dont have PS4. [emoji24]
I have to sleep on bed :(

s.ali123
05-18-2016, 07:53 PM
I also try my best to give advice if I have some solution. Otherwise I avoid reply.
But another cause of not replying, at least for me, is the huge amount of replies which are already there on the posts. It gets really messy to read through all the long posts to know what has already been mentioned and what else we can add. If I find that everything has been said, I usually avoid it. But if I find a thread, where already 30 or 40 replies have come, I become lazy to read through all. And also sometimes the posts are too much off the topic.

BeTheChange
05-18-2016, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
Provide the hadith :ia:
Asalamualykum sister Sabr,

Am not sure in which context the below hadith refers to but here it is:

Al-Bukhaari (4425) narrated that Abu Bakrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No people will ever succeed who appoint a woman as their leader.”

Source:https://islamqa.info/en/39188

Please let's not go off topic now (message to all members going off-topic).

Jazahka Allah.

muslimah_B
05-18-2016, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by s.ali123
Lol at least I dont have PS4. [emoji24]
I have to sleep on bed :(
Dont worry eid is coming in sha Allah put it on your list [emoji4]

s.ali123
05-18-2016, 08:39 PM
Dont worry eid is coming in sha Allah put it on your list [emoji4]
I had it on my list. But I quit gaming on someone's request :) Even though I only played one or two games in last one and half year [emoji14]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.