/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help with anxiety towards Arabic

muslimah_B
05-17-2016, 07:46 PM
Asalam alaykum everyone

in sha Allah I'm hoping somebody could help me by posting or directing me as to where i could find any arabic tutors (female) in uk, London preferably face to face as over Skype its a bit too much
i have ALL the medina books and have used online videos but I'm still finding it rather hard to take in all the grammar rules, and keep everything in my brain

i am doing a islamic degree and it needs a lot of arabic (obviously for Quran & hadeeth) but due to arabic i have fallen behind soon much its impossible for me to catch up, i then got disheartened and stopped attending any arabic classes as i felt embarrassed to continually ask for help, while everyone else would speed past understanding every concept, i have end of year exams coming up and i know for a fact i will fail and will have to repeat the year (i also missed classes due to a lot of issues and problems i am dealing with, and couldn't take it as seriously as i had intended to plus when i was extremely low on emaan i didn't go class as i felt hypocritical to learn about deen whilst I'm not even doing anything deny or even happy(yea i know it was all shaytan but at the time i just fall into deeper depression and feel worse) (sometimes i just feel all over the place, i fully love islam and my deen, then other days I'm like "meh" (i should take my own advice but being me i never can :slap::hiding:
I'm honestly just feeling to not even do the exams as I'm so scared of failing the entire year and feeling very stupid like a dumbass :cry::cry:

i don't mind repeating the year but whenever i think about arabic i get anxious and it has put me off all other classes even if they aren't heavily influenced with arabic, i self taught the alphabet and how to read but i don't think it was at all good enough, as i can barely read quicker than a snail takes to cross the road, il be stuck on one road for about 5 mins
(sorry for babbling but I'm feeling very anxious)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
05-17-2016, 08:51 PM
Walaikumasalaam dear sister,

I think when you are learning Arabic it is always best to learn face-to-face if this is possible.

I am unaware of any teachers in London but i am 100% positive there will be many.

Have you visited your local Masjids or even better (to save time) you can ring them and enquire about the courses that they offer?

If you wish to gain a further understanding please visit the below website where you can download many relevant e-books or read them as PDF insha Allah:

https://www.kalamullah.com/learning-arabic.html

My advice would be to attend the classes, make as many notes as you can, if possible to listen to the recording once again if you have missed anything and afterwards you can write a list of questions you may have and send them to your teacher. Feel free to ask as many teachers as you want because different teachers teach us in different ways but all have great wisdom.

If you keep your work organised as well because this will help and you may also need to refer back to your work in year 2, 3 or later on in life.

Give the exam a go even though you may not feel confident as you peers at least then you will know where you're currently at and where you need to be. It doesn't matter if it takes you longer than your peers, what matters is the end result and the end result is you will be fluent and understand Arabic. Subhana Allah what a privilege to be able to understand Allah swt words!!

Am sure your peers will support and help you too if you reach out to them and ask them for help. They may have useful notes that they can share? Or they can probably share useful tips etc?

attachmentphp?attachmentid5540&ampstc1 -

Give it a go sis you may surprise yourself! Alhamdulilah.

muslimah_B
05-17-2016, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Walaikumasalaam dear sister,

I think when you are learning Arabic it is always best to learn face-to-face if this is possible.

I am unaware of any teachers in London but i am 100% positive there will be many.

Have you visited your local Masjids or even better (to save time) you can ring them and enquire about the courses that they offer?

If you wish to gain a further understanding please visit the below website where you can download many relevant e-books or read them as PDF insha Allah:

https://www.kalamullah.com/learning-arabic.html

My advice would be to attend the classes, make as many notes as you can, if possible to listen to the recording once again if you have missed anything and afterwards you can write a list of questions you may have and send them to your teacher. Feel free to ask as many teachers as you want because different teachers teach us in different ways but all have great wisdom.

If you keep your work organised as well because this will help and you may also need to refer back to your work in year 2, 3 or later on in life.

Give the exam a go even though you may not feel confident as you peers at least then you will know where you're currently at and where you need to be. It doesn't matter if it takes you longer than your peers, what matters is the end result and the end result is you will be fluent and understand Arabic. Subhana Allah what a privilege to be able to understand Allah swt words!!

Am sure your peers will support and help you too if you reach out to them and ask them for help. They may have useful notes that they can share? Or they can probably share useful tips etc?

Give it a go sis you may surprise yourself! Alhamdulilah.
The masjids only do groups (especially for women) and i have severe social anxiety disorder (among other things) which makes it very hard or impossible for me to be around people let alone be in a room with complete strangers (its like torture to me and my anxiety will go thru the roof il have panic attacks)
Or the classes are mixed aswell (no go zone for me)

The only times iv seen one 2 one possible is with brothers and well thats not possible, and i dont have a mahram to be with me.

I have missed arabic classes since January, i stopped going as i just felt stupid and couldnt deal with it and all my other problems

I did ask but no sister lives near to me in order for us to meet or anything

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.