/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Plane Concept!

EgyptPrincess
05-19-2016, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
Fallen 22,000 feet into the Mediterranean Sea! Subhan Allah.

May Allah :swt: keep them all safe.
I read an article from DARPA about future plane design. They'll make them in the future so that the entire fuselage will detach from the rest of the plane in an emergency and it will have a giant parachute which will bring the fuselage to the ground safely or if it lands in water, it will float, like a half pipe kind of thing.

Pretty awesome concept.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
05-19-2016, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
I read an article from DARPA about future plane design. They'll make them in the future so that the entire fuselage will detach from the rest of the plane in an emergency and it will have a giant parachute which will bring the fuselage to the ground safely or if it lands in water, it will float, like a half pipe kind of thing.

Pretty awesome concept.
I have seen this concept when I was kid in 70's. And if this concept still haven't been realized in production until now, it's because there are difficulties.

- This concept reduces the space for passenger and cargo.
- It makes the plane far heavier.
- Its production cost is very expensive.

strivingobserver98
05-19-2016, 08:22 PM
Pretty awesome concept.
Wow pretty cool!

Have you checked out this see through plane concept :O. Predicted for 2050.

Those who are already scared of flying, definitely don't fly on this one :D.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...he-future.html

noraina
05-19-2016, 09:28 PM
Oh my gosh, I would have a heart-attack if I was on a plane like that - and I'm not even *that* scared of heights. :o Imagine being in a thunderstorm in a plane like that, or over the ocean.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
EgyptPrincess
05-19-2016, 09:38 PM
Wow pretty cool!

I'd totally fly in that thing!

strivingobserver98
05-19-2016, 11:58 PM
I'd totally fly in that thing!
How would people sleep peacefully in that plane :O? Knowing the clouds and ocean is right below them.

EgyptPrincess
05-20-2016, 12:06 AM
How would people sleep peacefully in that plane :O? Knowing the clouds and ocean is right below them.
I think it would be incredible to see the beautiful landscapes or oceans, mountains and clouds. It would be scary at first but it's be such an incredibly experience.

_E_3
05-20-2016, 06:51 AM
i couldnt oh no too scary :embarrass

Hopes N Prayers
05-20-2016, 12:20 PM
I'm pretty sure id have a panic attack and pass out if I ever went on that thing or any plane. I am totally afraid of heights and would never risk it[emoji32][emoji15][emoji37]

sister herb
05-20-2016, 12:43 PM
That plane looks fantastic! Wanna try! It must feel like being a bird. Hopely also the floor is transparent.

What´s the difference sleeping in this kind of plane or normal ones? People obiviously know in any case that clouds and ocean are there and when you close your eyes, you don´t see them. I would recommend the eye-patches for sleeping.

noraina
05-20-2016, 12:55 PM
For me I wouldn't be able to remove the association between transparency and glass...so no matter how hard I would try to convince myself it is not made of glass, my mind would tell me that it is, and then I'd always keep in mind glass shatters when something impacts with it - I'd be too terrified to move, lol.

s.ali123
05-20-2016, 02:37 PM
Lol you can find all kind of different concepts on airplane [emoji14] It sounds more like when some architect design some awesome building, and then structural and civil engineers come and say it is not possible :D

strivingobserver98
05-20-2016, 02:44 PM
Another idea the windowless plane concept can play on..

Using screens to see videos or use computer ;).

Serinity
05-20-2016, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by s.ali123
Lol you can find all kind of different concepts on airplane [emoji14] It sounds more like when some architect design some awesome building, and then structural and civil engineers come and say it is not possible :D
dem engineers. Pessimistic! :exhausted

sister herb
05-20-2016, 03:11 PM
Another idea the windowless plane concept can play on..

Using screens to see videos or use computer ;).

Discussing in IB while flying on air like a bird - well almost like a bird.

"Hey guys try to guess where I am..." :D

s.ali123
05-20-2016, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
dem engineers. Pessimistic! :exhausted
Lol.

Cpt.America
05-20-2016, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
That plane looks fantastic! Wanna try! It must feel like being a bird. Hopely also the floor is transparent.

What´s the difference sleeping in this kind of plane or normal ones? People obiviously know in any case that clouds and ocean are there and when you close your eyes, you don´t see them. I would recommend the eye-patches for sleeping.
Not actually transparent. There have been discussions of making windowless planes within the decade. The original concept was to use screens instead of actual windows to project images of the outside, but now manufacturers are considering the idea of having virtual reality headsets per each passenger.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technol...senger-7545245

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/wind...ry?id=26554319

Bhabha
05-20-2016, 06:49 PM
Well, there goes first and business class. No one will want to sit where it is detaching >_>

s.ali123
05-20-2016, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
Well, there goes first and business class. No one will want to sit where it is detaching >_>
Why not if it is in half price ;)

Bhabha
05-20-2016, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by s.ali123
Why not if it is in half price ;)
first and business don't like discounts, they like to say they paid the "extra" for the "comfort" and it was worth it :p

OOH wait wait, unless it's like that two floor emirates flight, where you just enter from a different place and don't even have to see economy customers. the first and business take up an entire floor so they could make the space for the "detachment" area and still sit comfortably! :o

Cpt.America
05-20-2016, 07:12 PM
first and business don't like discounts, they like to say they paid the "extra" for the "comfort" and it was worth it :p

OOH wait wait, unless it's like that two floor emirates flight, where you just enter from a different place and don't even have to see economy customers. the first and business take up an entire floor so they could make the space for the "detachment" area and still sit comfortably! :o
Airbus A380 (the world's largest passenger plane)
I've been on it.
The business class didn't even have to see me lol!

Bhabha
05-20-2016, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Airbus A380 (the world's largest passenger plane)
I've been on it.
The business class didn't even have to see me lol!
LOL Yeah that one XD. the one with the flight of stairs in the back :P its squeaky and kind of scary.

s.ali123
05-20-2016, 09:58 PM
LOL Yeah that one XD. the one with the flight of stairs in the back [emoji14] its squeaky and kind of scary.
Lol may be the safety compartment for business class will also be separate with a backup parachute and more drinks and meal during emergency [emoji14]

keiv
05-21-2016, 12:18 AM
Wow pretty cool!

If that plane goes down, at least you have a good view of where your going to crash. Good times!

strivingobserver98
05-21-2016, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
If that plane goes down, at least you have a good view of where your going to crash. Good times!
:O.

Hopefully the OP idea sis @EgyptPrincess shared would have been installed by then ;).

EgyptPrincess
05-21-2016, 09:03 PM
:O.

Hopefully the OP idea sis @EgyptPrincess shared would have been installed by then ;).
Or we'll all just have our own private jet packs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czy0pXRRZcs [Might want to mute the video as there is some music]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.