/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lost His Beard, Lost His Job

strivingobserver98
05-21-2016, 01:17 AM
Mufti Taqi Usmani said: 'One of my elders related to me an incident in which there is a lesson for us. He had a friend in London looking for a job. He had a beard.

He went for an interview where he was told that he could not work with a beard so he should shave it. Now he was in a fix whether to shave his beard or not. He went elsewhere searching for jobs for a few days but did not succeed. In the end he decided to get rid of his beard so that he could get that job. He went back to that place where he had gone earlier. The person who had interviewed him asked him why he had come.

He said: 'You told me to shave my beard to get this job so I have done that.'

He asked him, 'Are you Muslim?'

To which the man said, 'Yes.'

Then he asked, 'Did you think keeping a beard was necessary or unnecessary?'

He said, 'I considered it necessary that is why I kept it.'

The reply he got was, 'You knew that God had commanded you to keep a beard. It was God's order and yet you ignored it just because I asked you to. This means that you are not faithful to God, and if someone is not faithful to God, he can also not be faithful to his employer. Therefore we cannot hire you for the job.' He lost his beard as well as the job.'

(Discourses on Islamic way of life, vol 1 p106)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
05-21-2016, 09:35 AM
Asalamualykum,

What a terrible loss & a great lesson Alhamdulilah.

I thought the employer was going to ask him to leave his religion before he was offered a job...Subhana Allah.

May Allah swt help us choose our deen over all worldly matters Ameen.

noraina
05-21-2016, 09:43 AM
SubhanAllah, this is so true - when you do something to obey Allah swt and to please Him, He will rectify all of your affairs for you in the dunya in the sense that whatever will happen will only be good for you.

~ Sabr ~
05-23-2016, 02:22 PM
:giggling: Ooppss!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
s.ali123
05-23-2016, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
Mufti Taqi Usmani said: 'One of my elders related to me an incident in which there is a lesson for us. He had a friend in London looking for a job. He had a beard.

He went for an interview where he was told that he could not work with a beard so he should shave it. Now he was in a fix whether to shave his beard or not. He went elsewhere searching for jobs for a few days but did not succeed. In the end he decided to get rid of his beard so that he could get that job. He went back to that place where he had gone earlier. The person who had interviewed him asked him why he had come.

He said: 'You told me to shave my beard to get this job so I have done that.'

He asked him, 'Are you Muslim?'

To which the man said, 'Yes.'

Then he asked, 'Did you think keeping a beard was necessary or unnecessary?'

He said, 'I considered it necessary that is why I kept it.'

The reply he got was, 'You knew that God had commanded you to keep a beard. It was God's order and yet you ignored it just because I asked you to. This means that you are not faithful to God, and if someone is not faithful to God, he can also not be faithful to his employer. Therefore we cannot hire you for the job.' He lost his beard as well as the job.'

(Discourses on Islamic way of life, vol 1 p106)

Nice lesson! But I think today in west there are very few such employers now [emoji28]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.