/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Selfie hijabi at a far right protest

GINGERBEARDMAN
05-21-2016, 10:36 AM
https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...016/05/21/533/

I’ll not re-post the picture or the story here, but I am sure many of you saw the internet 15 minutes of fame sensation of the sister who took selfies at a far right rally which has got the social media types all happy and righteous in the past few days.

But I want you to sit back, think about her actions for a minute, especially those of you who may have shared these images yourself, just ask yourself is her deed in any way in accordance with the teachings of Islam?

If you think a sister showing off in public, taking selfies at a far right rally is helping the Ummah because it is ‘brave’ or ‘helps breaks down stereotypes’ then you are deluded and you don’t understand why Allaah has placed us in this mess or what the problems are in the Ummah in the first place.

These images are going to be seen by tens if not hundreds of thousands of ghair mahram men around the world through the media and net, yet so many Muslims, people who consider themselves politically or socially aware and active in the Muslim community are cheering her on in her sinful deeds and also therefore encouraging others to do the same.

The solution to our problems is returning to the deen of Allaah, correcting our mistakes, correcting the mistakes of others, not in aping the worse aspects of culture of the disbelievers.

As Malik bin Anas (d.179AH) rahimahullah said, “The last of this nation will not be corrected except by what corrected the first of this nation.”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah0411
05-21-2016, 11:07 AM
Imitating the kuffar in actions.

sister herb
05-21-2016, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misbah0411
Imitating the kuffar in actions.
I agree that taking selfies isn´t good idea but also this is too easy to say everytimes like "imitating kufar in actions". I am wondering what we actually could do what kufars haven´t done already (yep, praying to Allah SWT, I know) and then someone can say like it´s an imitating kufar etc.

Serinity
05-21-2016, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I agree that taking selfies isn´t good idea but also this is too easy to say everytimes like "imitating kufar in actions". I am wondering what we actually could do what kufars haven´t done already (yep, praying to Allah, I know) and then someone can say like it´s an imitating kufar etc.

It is: Yep, praying to Allah SWT.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Misbah0411
05-21-2016, 01:07 PM
It's easy when it's true. Also like the one who goes on Hajj and takes a selfie with the Kaba in the background instead of focus on the worship at hand. Selfies are all about self promotion.

sister herb
05-21-2016, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
It is: Yep, praying to Allah SWT.

What a grievious mistake.
Sorry my bad Enklish.

Serinity
05-21-2016, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Sorry my bad Enklish.
English* now go and edit that post of yours!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.