/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shabbe Raat

hisnameiszzz
05-21-2016, 07:56 PM
Hi all.

Just one quick question. It's Shabbe Raat tonight.

My mother is making me listen to a sermon. It just said that if you have hate in your heart for another Muslim, your prayers won't get accepted.

I absolutely hate the people that live next door. If I had a gun I would literally go round and shoot each and every single one of them. They don't act like Muslims but they have Muslim names so I presume they are Muslims.

I have a genuine reason to hate them. It's not just random hate. They make my life hell. They oppress us. They treat us like 50th class citizens and all the while we have not done a single thing wrong to them. They deprive us of sleep every day and night.

Listening to the bayan I kind of think no harm in giving it one last shot but if it's not going to be accepted I won't bother.

So does the rule still apply if you have genuine reason to hate someone? I know the bigger person would just forgive someone and let it go but these people have ruined my life. I have really bad depression. I bleed when I go for a pooh. I can't sleep even though I am on sleeping tablets. Everyone else in my family are suffering too because of the noise may I add.

Thanks guys and girls.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cpt.America
05-21-2016, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
Hi all.

Just one quick question. It's Shabbe Raat tonight.

My mother is making me listen to a sermon. It just said that if you have hate in your heart for another Muslim, your prayers won't get accepted.

I absolutely hate the people that live next door. If I had a gun I would literally go round and shoot each and every single one of them. They don't act like Muslims but they have Muslim names so I presume they are Muslims.

I have a genuine reason to hate them. It's not just random hate. They make my life hell. They oppress us. They treat us like 50th class citizens and all the while we have not done a single thing wrong to them. They deprive us of sleep every day and night.

Listening to the bayan I kind of think no harm in giving it one last shot but if it's not going to be accepted I won't bother.

So does the rule still apply if you have genuine reason to hate someone? I know the bigger person would just forgive someone and let it go but these people have ruined my life. I have really bad depression. I bleed when I go for a pooh. I can't sleep even though I am on sleeping tablets. Everyone else in my family are suffering too because of the noise may I add.

Thanks guys and girls.
Bleeding when you defecate can be a symptom of something very serious.
Stress may cause ulcers in your gastrointestinal tract,
but in the case this is an infection/dysentery due to bacterial or parasite infection or polyps,
I urge you to please consult your physician.

If someone wrongs you, feeling hatred or animosity towards them is natural.
Allah knows your pain, and you will be rewarded InshaaAllah. The duaa of an oppressed believer is also accepted, so try to make the best of your situation and make duaa, and become closer to Allah InshaaAllah.
If a person has wronged you and you have never received your full justice in this life, then you can take their good deeds on the day of jusgement. But if you can despite your disgust, anger, and hurt, forgive such a person, then Allah will reward you with even more than the what you would have taken from the one who has wronged you, and that person is answerable to Allah SWT.
It is best to forgive our Muslim bredren, but that is because forgiveness is one of the most difficult things to do sometimes in life.
You have a right to be angry, and no one is suggesting you can or must immediately overcome your pain.
you have a right to work through it at your pace.
But InshaaAllah you will heal and you will be in a better situation in the near future. As such, if you dwell on thoughts of revenge and revulsion to these members of your (soon to be) past, it won't help you.

That being said, please look into the possibility of moving to a new home/selling this property as it seems it is very very difficult for you to cope with these obnoxious neighbors.

Also depression and OCD are very real disorders and they affect our health and ability to function immensely.
Our mental health is as important as our physical health, but unfortunately someone suffering from anxiety or depression may feel too shy or ashamed to seek help overcoming their difficulty. If you feel unwell, please do not hesitate to talk to brothers and seek counsel, we are your brothers in Islam, and as such we love you, and if there is anything you need to talk about, you have your family, friends, and community both IRL and online.
Also visiting a psychiatrist may be helpful and seeking professional opinion on the matter should not be overlooked,
Because it seems that you have suffered immensely.

Do your best, and turn to Allah for the rest.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.