/* */

PDA

View Full Version : [sensitive] advice and guidence for ghusl

lostsoul2016
05-23-2016, 10:20 AM
Salam.

I am very sorry for asking but I do need to know. Without asking, how does one know what is right and wrong? I have searched the internet but there are things which I am not understanding or it is not clear.

Say for instance you have been intimate with your wife - when should you ghusl? For instance, I guess some women prefer to lay in each others arms and become closer together after the act. Is such a thing permitted after the act? Of course you must ghusl after regardless.

How does one perform the ghusl after the act? Some say that you can take a shower and others do not say that.
Should you wear a cloth of some kind to cover up your privates when you are washing your body?
If you are in a shower and cleansing yourself, I understand that you need to wash your feet last - is this true? Should you wash the right foot 3x and then the left foot 3x after getting dressed and having done the ghusl?
Some say that you should not speak or say dua when you are doing the ghusl however some of said that you say "Bismillah" before you begin. This to me is a bit of a contradiction - what is the correct way to act?

What if your desire is more than once? I know you need to ghusl but what if the "mood" gets lowered because of the time it would take to do the ghusl or indeed you don't feel like it anymore?

A general question:

After having relations with your wife and you have performed the ghusl, are you permitted to sleep nude together?

Thank you and again, very sorry for these questions.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah0411
05-23-2016, 10:51 AM
Brother, you are asking about the issues of marrying a disbeliever in another post and now this? We are trying to give you advice about the type of woman you should seek but now you jump to having already married her and want to know the proper way of doing ghusl after intimacies? You are putting the cart before the horse so to speak.

lostsoul2016
05-23-2016, 11:04 AM
brother, I understand how this looks but believe me this is not the case. I am trying to learn the right ways and need to be educated of such matters as ghusl.
I am not marrying a disbeliever. The questions I ask do not necessarily relate to one another so please do not conclude or judge this.

*charisma*
05-23-2016, 11:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lostsoul2016
Say for instance you have been intimate with your wife - when should you ghusl? For instance, I guess some women prefer to lay in each others arms and become closer together after the act. Is such a thing permitted after the act? Of course you must ghusl after regardless.
You can do ghusl anytime. Of course you have to do it before salaah, and if I remember correctly the sunnah is that you should not go to bed without doing ghusl (ie. you should not sleep in the state of impurity). But ultimately yes you can cuddle with your wife without needing to do ghusl right away.

How does one perform the ghusl after the act? Some say that you can take a shower and others do not say that.
Should you wear a cloth of some kind to cover up your privates when you are washing your body?
If you are in a shower and cleansing yourself, I understand that you need to wash your feet last - is this true? Should you wash the right foot 3x and then the left foot 3x after getting dressed and having done the ghusl?
Some say that you should not speak or say dua when you are doing the ghusl however some of said that you say "Bismillah" before you begin. This to me is a bit of a contradiction - what is the correct way to act?
Ghusl is basically the washing of the private parts + full shower + wudhu (ensuring that you wash the head 3x). Here it is in full detail https://islamqa.info/en/82344

You always begin with the intention of purifying yourself and saying bismillah. You will wash your feet last. You don't have to cover yourself while making ghusl.

What if your desire is more than once? I know you need to ghusl but what if the "mood" gets lowered because of the time it would take to do the ghusl or indeed you don't feel like it anymore?

A general question:

After having relations with your wife and you have performed the ghusl, are you permitted to sleep nude together?

Thank you and again, very sorry for these questions.
You don't have to peform ghusl to have intercourse with your wife again, but it's recommended that you do. If you're too lazy then you can perform just wudhu, and still if you do not want to do that then just clean your privates before having intercourse again. https://islamqa.info/en/192109

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
05-23-2016, 11:11 AM
Fardh ghusl is washing your whole body and rinsing mouth and nose, correct? Cause that is what I do.

lostsoul2016
05-23-2016, 11:14 AM
Charisma - thank you once again! This really is very much appreciated. I cannot thank you enough. I pray to Allah to give you more happiness and success. Thank you for helping a brother out.

lostsoul2016
05-23-2016, 11:15 AM
One thing I need more clarification on is the act of carrying out the Ghusl. How is this done exactly/correctly?

~ Sabr ~
05-23-2016, 11:21 AM
One thing I need more clarification on is the act of carrying out the Ghusl. How is this done exactly/correctly?
https://islamqa.info/en/82344

*charisma*
05-23-2016, 11:44 AM
Brother look at the links I gave you as well as the one sis Sabr provided. There's 2 ways which are detailed and considered acceptable inshallah, either one will suffice. If you have questions after viewing the links we are here to clarify.

lostsoul2016
05-23-2016, 12:03 PM
Thank you.

So you can do the ghusl in the shower - but can you wash yourself using soaps etc... or just only water?

Serinity
05-23-2016, 12:19 PM
I do Fardh ghusl. whole body, mouth and nose. I use shampoo too. But one should make sure no shampoo remains, afaik.

May Allah SWT forgive me if I said anything wrong. Ameen.
Allahu alam.

*charisma*
05-23-2016, 12:55 PM
Thank you.

So you can do the ghusl in the shower - but can you wash yourself using soaps etc... or just only water?
Yes you can do it in the shower, and it's not obligatory to use soap, but you can if you wish to do so..i don't even think they had soap back then lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.