/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do VPNs really hide your IP Address?

anonymous
05-23-2016, 09:12 PM
Can forums know if you are using VPN or not? Will they be able to identify your real IP?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
s.ali123
05-23-2016, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Can forums know if you are using VPN or not? Will they be able to identify your real IP?
That's undisclosed ;D

strivingobserver98
05-23-2016, 09:25 PM
:sl:

Firstly what is the reason your asking this question? I hope it's not for malicious intent.. But I'll assume the best :).

VPN will hide your original IP yes. But technical savvy forum Admins can easily find out if your using VPN, your original IP and if your using the same computer ;).

Lesson learnt: Don't try and fool Admins or :ban:.

Alpha Dude
05-23-2016, 09:27 PM
Admins can easily find out if your using VPN, your original IP and if your using the same computer ;).
I think it may be possible to find out if you're using a VPN but not possible to find out the original IP.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
05-23-2016, 10:53 PM
An online payment site ever suspended my account after they saw me login from Australia just a hour after I login from Indonesia. The cause was I forgot to deactivate my VPN, and it made my IP moved to Australia in abnormal time.

Hiding your IP actually make your IP adress always move from one place to another place, and forum admin will see it as abnormal behavior.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.