/* */

PDA

View Full Version : psych appointment

_E_3
05-24-2016, 08:16 AM
I have an important appointment with my new psych my dr want me to drop some of my medication i want to change medication i have said this to them before and they did nothing the medication dont take all the voices away only calms me down when am ill
a long time ago i said to a different psych that i didnt wanted to be drugged up but the voices and my mental health has gotten worse since then
the medication am on av been on for years am unsure what to say to get them to change my meds
I never speak up when am at appointments i feel they know more than me and i should trust them...
My OCD and anxiety is bad i know this sound stupid but every time i hear a plane at night i keep thinking its going to crash ( they fly over the house more at night ) into my building i know that sounds so silly but i start to have panic attacks because of it
av wrote something down about what am going to say ...

:scratch::facepalm:

hopefully she listens to me :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
s.ali123
05-24-2016, 08:33 AM
May Allah safeguard you!

Serinity
05-24-2016, 09:48 AM
:salam:

Do ruqyah....... Allahu Alam.

Cpt.America
05-24-2016, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

Do ruqyah.... Allahu Alam.
I agree with Serinity.

Psychiatric medicine helps somewhat but it might not make voices causing waswas go away

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
05-24-2016, 12:10 PM
:sl:

may Allah help you sis .

Besides medical treatment , keep praying to Allah . There are several hadith related to health . Pl. read and follow those.

noraina
05-24-2016, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _E_
I have an important appointment with my new psych my dr want me to drop some of my medication i want to change medication i have said this to them before and they did nothing the medication dont take all the voices away only calms me down when am ill
a long time ago i said to a different psych that i didnt wanted to be drugged up but the voices and my mental health has gotten worse since then
the medication am on av been on for years am unsure what to say to get them to change my meds
I never speak up when am at appointments i feel they know more than me and i should trust them...
My OCD and anxiety is bad i know this sound stupid but every time i hear a plane at night i keep thinking its going to crash ( they fly over the house more at night ) into my building i know that sounds so silly but i start to have panic attacks because of it
av wrote something down about what am going to say ...

hopefully she listens to me
Assalamu alaykum,

Sis, I would really suggest you do speak up when visiting the doctor - it is your mind, your health, and no-one will understand what you are going through better than you. Doctors are humans, they can be wrong and they certainly cannot read your mind.

Try to be as assertive as possible, if you must write down beforehand what you want to say, provide them with every single detail, and also ask them about the medications they are giving you, you have every right to be informed of what your treatment is and you should use it. One thing I will say is that psychoactive meds should be avoided long-term if possible, I'm not a professional psychologist obv but inhibiters and bzs can cause anxiety in themselves if used for too long.

Just go to the doctor inshaAllah, and definitely speak up and assert yourself, and don't be passive but involved with the doctor. Make dua, listen to the Qur'an, and make lots of dhikr, as I'm sure you do :). May Allah swt relieve you of all your hardships and give you peace of mind. Ameen.

Serinity
05-24-2016, 12:18 PM
Idk why you edited my comment. I said it might be a Jinn shaytaan. Because since medicine doesn't work it is probably shaytaan.

Allahu alam.

noraina
05-24-2016, 12:25 PM
Psychology and the human mind are complex subjects, with many causes behind them. Similarly, anxiety and ocd are vast terms which encompass lots of areas and may be the result of many things - inshaAllah we shouldn't generalise without knowing and the sister should go to the doctors whilst alongside making dua and doing her ibadat. :)

btw, medicine is not the only course of treatment, there are many therapies such as cognitive, behavioural, etc which can be explored.

Serinity
05-24-2016, 12:27 PM
But I don't see how it is offensive. I don't see it as offensive, like at all.

Serinity
05-24-2016, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Psychology and the human mind are complex subjects, with many causes behind them. Similarly, anxiety and ocd are vast terms which encompass lots of areas and may be the result of many things - inshaAllah we shouldn't generalise without knowing and the sister should go to the doctors whilst alongside making dua and doing her ibadat. :)

btw, medicine is not the only course of treatment, there are many therapies such as cognitive, behavioural, etc which can be explored.
What is the harm in saying it may be a Jinn?

I mean, there has to be some cause, things don't just happen. And I highly doubts voices in the head can be any other than the shaytaan. That is like avoiding the issue.

MidnightRose
05-24-2016, 03:51 PM
hopefully she listens to me
In addition to the advice given above, take someone you can trust along to help you. As long as you authorize the person to help you, the doctor should have no problem with this. This person can actually talk for you – with you there of course.

Muhammad
05-24-2016, 03:57 PM
:wasalamex

format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
What is the harm in saying it may be a Jinn?
As sister noraina said, there are different possibilities. We should not rush to the conclusion that certain symptoms are due to Jinn, because it is possible for them to overlap with symptoms of mental illness. We should allow those who are experienced in their respective fields to assess the person properly, look for the symptoms and give their recommendation. Undoubtedly the Qur'an is a cure and should be recited whatever the case. At the same time, let us be sensitive in suggesting diagnoses which may not be the case.

May I also add that if a moderator edits or deletes a post, it is better to seek clarification via the Helpdesk section :ia:.

Serinity
05-24-2016, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

As sister noraina said, there are different possibilities. We should not rush to the conclusion that certain symptoms are due to Jinn, because it is possible for them to overlap with symptoms of mental illness. We should allow those who are experienced in their respective fields to assess the person properly, look for the symptoms and give their recommendation. Undoubtedly the Qur'an is a cure and should be recited whatever the case. At the same time, let us be sensitive in suggesting diagnoses which may not be the case.

May I also add that if a moderator edits or deletes a post, it is better to seek clarification via the Helpdesk section :ia:.
I understand. Forgive me for being hasty. But I think it is best to exhaust all options.

_E_3
05-24-2016, 05:27 PM
Thank you all for replying my appointment went good she decreased the medication by 25mg but am to get more meds for emergencys
i didnt see most of the posts until i got home but thank you all
i had someone with me and i told them about me being stressed about the disability benefits review
i know that i cant just expect my medication to do all of it there is other ways of coping i have on my wall in the living a list of things i can do when am having to deal with the voices i have to be reminded about it , even more so when am upset or stressed out i have someone with me almost 24/7
as for jin, demons and devils etc i believe that there spiritual beings that can affect your mind negatively and spiritual beings that can affect your mind positivity
weather they be Angels or Allah
there is something i need to say about myself some of you might not believe me and some of you might
I was abused by family friends of my mothers from a very young age i will not go into detail but at a very young age the only way for a young child to cope with that is to dissociate , some times like detaching themselves from what is going on some times this causes a personality split the one in place of another protecting the main personality and there can be more and more spilts due to abuse this Is called multiple personaity Disorder i have young child like personalizes that switch from me to ki who is 3 but this is an advanced 3 years old , then there male and female , very young , traumatized and sometimes angry or scared my carer has to put up with them and me through good times and bad times when we have nightmares or fear that the abusers are coming back to hurt us my carer has to calm us down and he never has a break from it
i want to be honest with you all and tell you am a me who is a we some of might think its jin or demons etc
there not devils there there a part of me
thank you everyone for posting back to me
May Allah bless you all

_E_3
05-24-2016, 06:27 PM
here is the disorder am talking about

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/dissociative-disorders/#.V0Sc2fkrLIU

s.ali123
05-24-2016, 07:13 PM
Thank you all for replying my appointment went good she decreased the medication by 25mg but am to get more meds for emergencys
i didnt see most of the posts until i got home but thank you all
i had someone with me and i told them about me being stressed about the disability benefits review
i know that i cant just expect my medication to do all of it there is other ways of coping i have on my wall in the living a list of things i can do when am having to deal with the voices i have to be reminded about it , even more so when am upset or stressed out i have someone with me almost 24/7
as for jin, demons and devils etc i believe that there spiritual beings that can affect your mind negatively and spiritual beings that can affect your mind positivity
weather they be Angels or Allah
there is something i need to say about myself some of you might not believe me and some of you might
I was abused by family friends of my mothers from a very young age i will not go into detail but at a very young age the only way for a young child to cope with that is to dissociate , some times like detaching themselves from what is going on some times this causes a personality split the one in place of another protecting the main personality and there can be more and more spilts due to abuse this Is called multiple personaity Disorder i have young child like personalizes that switch from me to ki who is 3 but this is an advanced 3 years old , then there male and female , very young , traumatized and sometimes angry or scared my carer has to put up with them and me through good times and bad times when we have nightmares or fear that the abusers are coming back to hurt us my carer has to calm us down and he never has a break from it
i want to be honest with you all and tell you am a me who is a we some of might think its jin or demons etc
there not devils there there a part of me
thank you everyone for posting back to me
May Allah bless you all
May Allah help you sistet! Remember this world is like a cage for muslim, the real life is going to begin in afterlife. The best thing happened to you is that you found Islam. Really what you are going through right now is a difficult journey, but on the day of judgement, in shaa Allah you will have question answer according to your capability, and I am really happy that even in this situation you are holding fast to Allah. I am very happy for you sis :)
May Allah cure your illness, bless you ans your carer and all the people around you, and show them the true path of Islam as well, and make this life easy for you. Ameen. :)

Cpt.America
05-24-2016, 08:36 PM
:'(

May Allah bless you with the very highest Jannat for every moment of pain, hardship, loneliness, and loss you have ever endured for even a single moment during this lifetime.

Arfa
05-25-2016, 03:33 PM
:(Sis please hold on stronger to your Faith !All I can say after all positive suggestions please recite Quran Surah Bakarah as Shaytan flees from a house where Surah Bakarah is recited.Please believe in Power of Dua power of Quranic Verse and believe me dear satan will never be able to harm you again ,Enemies of your Iman and satan will be defeated if you keep believing and strengthing your iman Ameen.As for meds they don't work anti depressants are totally not a long term beneficial thing as you should start creating healthy habits that prevent you from depression and anxiety.May Allah (SWT) protect you and bless you Ameen.

Cpt.America
05-25-2016, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arfa A Khan
:(Sis please hold on stronger to your Faith !All I can say after all positive suggestions please recite Quran Surah Bakarah as Shaytan flees from a house where Surah Bakarah is recited.Please believe in Power of Dua power of Quranic Verse and believe me dear satan will never be able to harm you again ,Enemies of your Iman and satan will be defeated if you keep believing and strengthing your iman Ameen.As for meds they don't work anti depressants are totally not a long term beneficial thing as you should start creating healthy habits that prevent you from depression and anxiety.May Allah (SWT) protect you and bless you Ameen.
Good advice, except don't quit antidepressants if they are helping you. There is nothing wrong in taking medicine if we need it.

Arfa
05-25-2016, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Good advice, except don't quit antidepressants if they are helping you. There is nothing wrong in taking medicine if we need it.
What I want to say is that meds are okay when we need them but I don't think it's a healthy choice to depend on anti depressants for long term basis as they weaken your immune system!I had a psychologist friend who prescribed me anti depressants for a bloody life time and I never took them !!!which shows one shouldn't rely totally on them.May Allah help us all.

Arfa
05-25-2016, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

:)Agreed good advice .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!