/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about marriage - non muslim woman, beliefs and ettiquitte in the modern

lostsoul2016
05-24-2016, 09:21 PM
Salam brothers and sisters.
This is just a question that I would love to know more about and I am learning, Alhamdulillah. I am not wanting personal opinions but rather the answers to the questions being put here.

Whilst I know it is preferred for a Muslim man to marry a Muslim woman who is chaste, the Quran also has stated that the Muslim man can marry a woman of the book who is also chaste.

One question at this point I have is -
- how is this possible, for instance a Christian woman, who maybe chaste but believes that their God is not Allah or more specifically believes in Jesus?
- What if the woman is non chaste? She must repent her sins and mean it but would she have to repent as a Muslim or non Muslim? And to whom must she repent to?

For non Muslim and non chaste women who repent her sins, what is the conduct when it comes to things like aiming for marriage? Obviously, no sleeping together or living together but are you able to see them and make them feel comfortable given that they are not Muslim (yet)? For instance maybe doing social activities such as going to the movies or dinner provided that you do not kiss or do any form of adultery? But just casual conversations and activities (like playing pool/snooker or taking a walk in public parks and such)? This would solely be to get to know each other better but also to make them see and understand your faith (Islam) without being overwhelmed or judged or pressured but making them feel comfortable in their environment/surroundings.

Of course, one thinks that these days there are hardly any non Muslim and non chaste women around (which is one of many reasons to marry and aim for a Muslim woman of course!).

Thank you for your valuable time and answers. I am really interested to know the ins and outs of this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lostsoul2016
05-25-2016, 11:01 AM
Hopefully I have not offended viewers accidently (that is not the intention!) :)

*charisma*
05-25-2016, 11:10 AM
Assalamu alaikum

If the woman is nonmusli she has to believe in the oneness of Allah, so she has to giveup her beliefs of the trinity or believing that jesus is god etc. Otherwise you cant marry her.

She should be chaste but i honestly think you should ask a scholar about this matter if she isnt.

And finally she should be treated like a muslim woman in regards to marriage. So youre not allowed to be alone with her or do any activities before marriage. She should have a muslim wali/guardian to help fascilitate the marriage.

Sorry if my replies arent as detailed as you need..im on mobile.

lostsoul2016
05-25-2016, 11:40 AM
W'salam - thank you once again :)

what if she was brought into a Christian family but did not practice as much or hardly but still believed in her faith?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
05-25-2016, 11:46 AM
If she still considers herself christian then shes a christian. Everything above still applies.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.