/* */

PDA

View Full Version : a question for the islamic board scholars regarding islamic ebooks

eesa the kiwi
05-26-2016, 02:21 AM
asalamu alaikum rahmatullah wa barakatu

ok so i have a huge collection of islamic ebooks on my computer alhamdulilah but im wondering what is the ruling on reading them as i downloaded them all for free off various sites but some say that they are copyrighted. is it permissable to continue reading them for personal use or should i stop due to respecting the copyright. this has been worrying me for a while like subhannallah i want to read them to earn reward from Allah so id rather it wasnt a doubtful matter to me

and also can one copyright islamic ilm? like is that even valid as ilm should be shared with as many people as possible

jazak allah khair for reading

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
05-26-2016, 06:00 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

The below link offers scholarly opinion:

http://kalamullah.com/copyright.html

Please have a read insha Allah.

Jazahka Allah.

eesa the kiwi
05-26-2016, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Walaikumasalaam,

The below link offers scholarly opinion:

http://kalamullah.com/copyright.html

Please have a read insha Allah.

Jazahka Allah.

thank you for the concise answer alhamdulilah cleared things up for me

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.