/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Job application RANT!

Bhabha
05-27-2016, 06:58 AM
Ok, so I am applying for jobs overseas (whilst I get funding for PhD) and ... Why do people ask for my picture and my marital status? Am I applying to get MARRIED or to WORK!? :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm: and also they ask for my RELIGION and my NATIONALITY!!!! OMG SO ANNOYING!

I just want to do a fake one and send in the picture of a green blob, that is married to five green blobs, is from planet venus and belongs to a cult -_-

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
05-27-2016, 07:07 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Are you applying to the Gulf countries?

Bhabha
05-27-2016, 07:12 AM
Yes how did you know?

Bhabha
05-27-2016, 07:18 AM
I'm gonna make a fake application with the best qualifications and experience Ever and then I'm gonna attach a modified ugly picture. See what happens

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
05-27-2016, 07:36 AM
I live here lol,

The reason why it's thorough is because if you have access to one gulf country you essentially have access to all. You also have access to Makkah and Madinah if you apply to KSA. You also will be under a sponsorship, therefore the company basically owns you :D Also depending on where you are from, your salary is affected. Westerners get a higher salary than Easterners lol.

But honestly they're just as thorough as any other country. Check out Israel's visa application and then tell me which is worth complaining about more :p

Bhabha
05-27-2016, 07:39 AM
Well I can travel to the gulf without a visa. So it's not the visa issue. It's the fact that applications ask for these things in advance while they should follow up with someone if they are interested based on their education.

I'm not providing my picture. No one needs to know how I look though. It's not like I'm selling my body. -.-

*charisma*
05-27-2016, 07:45 AM
Yes all westerners can travel to the gulf (apart from saudi) without a visa, but you still need a work visa to live there. I think the picture is for identification purposes or security. Allah knows, but I agree with you. I don't like it either and it's not really a gulf thing but rather a work thing. Lots of jobs abroad require that, but I think it's easier to see someone's face while reading their application versus having a one-on-one interview which is essentially the same thing? If you get hired they'll also take copies of your passport and ID's so they'll end up with your pics one way or another if you wanna work there lol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.